The Student Room Group

Is anyone studying for WJEC MS4 media on the 10th of June???????????

I need to know what to study

Scroll to see replies

I am! It depends what case studies your using and what you're actually studying e.g. film, radio and television?
Reply 2
Original post by Louis Van Gaal
I need to know what to study

Re-watch/study the texts you've learnt. Im mainly making sure that I'm dropping the terminology in, thats mainly what they're looking for!
What texts did you study'?:smile:
I'm sitting this exam, I have a question lol. In section B of the exam is it imperative that we attempt to answer one audience question as one industry question or does it not necessarily matter if we answer two industry related questions and abandon audience or vice versa? Aka do we have to differentiate between why is the audience questions and what are the industry questions?
Original post by Gariemurphy
I'm sitting this exam, I have a question lol. In section B of the exam is it imperative that we attempt to answer one audience question as one industry question or does it not necessarily matter if we answer two industry related questions and abandon audience or vice versa? Aka do we have to differentiate between why is the audience questions and what are the industry questions?

I think so because I don't think they would let you leave out audience or industry. Do you know if text is always in Section A? Plus are you just learning sample your essays
Original post by elisle
Re-watch/study the texts you've learnt. Im mainly making sure that I'm dropping the terminology in, thats mainly what they're looking for!
What texts did you study'?:smile:

I am study BBC News, Love hate and Strictly final
Original post by ellefoster
I am! It depends what case studies your using and what you're actually studying e.g. film, radio and television?

So will I just need to know my case studies off the top of my head to get a good grade?
I think so because I don't think they would let you leave out audience or industry. Do you know if text is always in Section A? Plus are you just learning sample your essays

People who have previously sat the exam told me you can answer 2 of any of the 4 whether they are audience or industry... I've done some essay plans and condensed main points down and looking over them... With the industry a extinct I've focused a lot on marketing strategies and facts a figures regarding target audiences and general industry points for my industries that seem to overlap for most questions. How are you revising?
Original post by Gariemurphy
People who have previously sat the exam told me you can answer 2 of any of the 4 whether they are audience or industry... I've done some essay plans and condensed main points down and looking over them... With the industry a extinct I've focused a lot on marketing strategies and facts a figures regarding target audiences and general industry points for my industries that seem to overlap for most questions. How are you revising?

I have been given 3 small essays regarding the text, audience and industry. That I am just learning off the top of my head, hope it works
So will I just need to know my case studies off the top of my head to get a good grade?

You'll need good stock intros for each of your industry (you can plan them now)
Also, know your texts off by heart! Know theories and know regulations Etc
Does anyone have any resources or tips they could give me please?
Original post by laurraa_xox
Does anyone have any resources or tips they could give me please?

Do you know what essays you will be writing yet? EG Industry- Beyonce, Girls aloud
Do you know what essays you will be writing yet? EG Industry- Beyonce, Girls aloud

Films, games and adverts
Films, games and adverts

You just have to learn off your case studies you have and use the correct terminology for extra marks.
Thanks. Does anyone have any ideas what questions may come up this year? marketing, representation, narrative etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. Does anyone have any ideas what questions may come up this year? marketing, representation, narrative etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

is it not just Text, industry and audience that come up?
There are many questions to pick from, some will say 'pick either question 1,2 or 3' within each section

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
AQA exam????? Wow someone please help! I have no idea whatsoever to do in section B I'm planning on doing the new media question but I need serious help
Original post by Bethxo/1
AQA exam????? Wow someone please help! I have no idea whatsoever to do in section B I'm planning on doing the new media question but I need serious help

This is WJEC exam mate:wink:
Would you agree distribution is the key to success? What are the benefits of distribution?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending