The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHOO
You know what it is bro. It's despiration, characterised by our history in tranfer windows. That and the availability of cesc is putting me on the edge.

It's our unpredictability in the transfer marker too - other clubs are getting their major targets sorted before hand, we all know they are.

I just don't want another season of what ifs, I want our new signings to bond in ASAP. The window for Wenger opens during the last week of August, he said so himself. It's when prices drop significantly, and we don't need to wait anymore. We got the funds.

Don't tell me your relaxed about this window? Non of our fans can be relaxed! Not with our history. As much as I love Wenger, I do wish he'd mould his transfer policy to the present..

To be fair I am relaxed. Even if you call the last window last minute, Wenger bought since he knew we had to. I agree it wasn't the perfect window but I have the feeling this one will be better.

People wanted Cesc mostly because of emotional/nostalgic reasons. Buying him was not rational. If you're going to panic about not buying anyone do it until after the world cup where the window really starts. Let Liverpool buy whoever they want. I admit Costa is a huge huge transfer for Chelsea but do you realise for how long it's been known/planned?

You could say our history is some what irrelevant. Tbh I think this (and last) year were the only years since we've been in the green with finances which is probably why the club has announced they won't hold back on spending. Sure we have 100m+ or whatever but you realise we don't have an infinite budget like Chelsea's or City's? If we spend 100m and even 50m of that goes to waste, it's down the water and we can't afford to recover like how Chelsea or city would.

Again. Completely ignore the papers for now. Whatever deals do end up taking place no one will probably of even heard, pretty much like the Ozil deal which was actually announced to be planned months before the last day.
Original post by SHOO
What is, the petition or the passion?

Doesn't matter to be honest, it's just a click that I hope helps.

Both man, Arsenal fans are just embarrassing our fan base is a ****ing joke. Just fickle and delude.
Original post by AR_95
It just contradicts the fact that the whole year you've been knocking off Wenger whilst everyone's been praising him, and now you say Wenger knows best when people are mad?

I'm really not so fussed about Fabregas as most others are tbh. It does make things harder for us next year but we can still strengthen.

I'm really not sure if you're actually serious about Wilshere though..

everyones been praising wenger the whole year? uve got to be ****ing kidding me maybe after the FA cup but did u not witness the maulings we've received off the elite teams of the league this season? The not buying anyone in january?

chelsea beat us 6 ****ing 0 at stamford bridge a team that was struggling to put the ball in the net beat the supposed 'best defence in the league' (which isnt true chelsea again have got us on that one)

what id give to be a chelsea fan
Reply 6963
Original post by Kruz
Both man, Arsenal fans are just embarrassing our fan base is a ****ing joke. Just fickle and delude.

On a level now, I want you define what a fickle fan is. I've been assuming they're something else until recently.

Deluded? Na, I don't want cesc going elsewhere because as much as people say we don't need him.. We do. And he's available
Original post by baconbutty
everyones been praising wenger the whole year? uve got to be ****ing kidding me maybe after the FA cup but did u not witness the maulings we've received off the elite teams of the league this season? The not buying anyone in january?

chelsea beat us 6 ****ing 0 at stamford bridge a team that was struggling to put the ball in the net beat the supposed 'best defence in the league' (which isnt true chelsea again have got us on that one)

Forget the Chelsea game, Arsenal couldn't score against our worst team in 30 years.
yea lets not forget we created 1 clear chance over 2 games against a moyes managed utd side
Reply 6966
yea lets not forget we created 1 clear chance over 2 games against a moyes managed utd side

1 clear cut chance? What games were you watching

what id give to be a chelsea fan

The majority then. My point stands about you.
Original post by SHOO
1 clear cut chance? What games were you watching

we didn't have one chance at old trafford and i can only remember one at the emirates
Reply 6969
we didn't have one chance at old trafford and i can only remember one at the emirates

Fair enough. We did create more, you just don't remember them. Trust me though, we had more
Original post by SHOO
Fair enough. We did create more, you just don't remember them. Trust me though, we had more

i've just watched the highlights we had one clear cut chance the entire 180 minutes none at old trafford (we didn't even have our first shot on target which was a 35 yards out from gibbs until 70 mins)

and our one clear chance at the emirates was girouds header
Original post by SHOO

It's our unpredictability in the transfer marker too - other clubs are getting their major targets sorted before hand, we all know they are.

I just don't want another season of what ifs, I want our new signings to bond in ASAP. The window for Wenger opens during the last week of August, he said so himself. It's when prices drop significantly, and we don't need to wait anymore. We got the funds.

Don't tell me your relaxed about this window? Non of our fans can be relaxed! Not with our history. As much as I love Wenger, I do wish he'd mould his transfer policy to the present..

so are we? just because it's not reported does mean nothing is going on.

signings dont bond in the transfer window, especially with the world cup coming up. they bond when they get gametime together. when did he say this?

he is moulding his transfer policy, there is a lot of evidence to suggest he is.
Reply 6973
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
so are we? just because it's not reported does mean nothing is going on.

signings dont bond in the transfer window, especially with the world cup coming up. they bond when they get gametime together. when did he say this?

he is moulding his transfer policy, there is a lot of evidence to suggest he is.

Yes, the pre season friendlies?

Most of this was said in the last transfer window
Original post by SHOO
Yes, the pre season friendlies?

Most of this was said in the last transfer window

hardly proper games, you wont mould partnerships from 2/3 friendlies before the season. youth are given a chance during those games too.

most of what was said?

yall be panickin for no reason
Reply 6975
hardly proper games, you wont mould partnerships from 2/3 friendlies before the season. youth are given a chance during those games too.

most of what was said?

yall be panickin for no reason

Sure, I agree. But I'd rather it take the newer players 2/3 games less from the season to mould partnerships, wouldn't you?

I don't even think Ozil got a chance to train properly before his first game for Arsenal? Because as soon as he was signed, he went off on international duty and only returned a few days before the premier league game. He still hit the ground running though, but that's ozil lol.

Arsene Wenger's comments about his approach towards the transfer market.. That was said last tranfer window (last summer that is)

You, Kruz, AR_95 are right tho - I'm probs panicking too much. I just so despirately want this tranfer window to go as it should in order for us to become what we were in 2004 :frown:
Original post by SHOO
Sure, I agree. But I'd rather it take the newer players 2/3 games less from the season to mould partnerships, wouldn't you?

I don't even think Ozil got a chance to train properly before his first game for Arsenal? Because as soon as he was signed, he went off on international duty and only returned a few days before the premier league game. He still hit the ground running though, but that's ozil lol.

Arsene Wenger's comments about his approach towards the transfer market.. That was said last tranfer window (last summer that is)

You, Kruz, AR_95 are right tho - I'm probs panicking too much. I just so despirately want this tranfer window to go as it should in order for us to become what we were in 2004 :frown:

Doesn't really matter imo, friendlies wont change that really. wont even be playing against premier league opposition in them.

i've never heard wenger say this. he's against the january window though, and thinks it should either stay open all year or shut all year.
Original post by SHOO

The sooner people accept we're never going to replicate the invincible the better

Doesn't really matter imo, friendlies wont change that really. wont even be playing against premier league opposition in them.

i've never heard wenger say this. he's against the january window though, and thinks it should either stay open all year or shut all year.

Tbh you can see it this way. The window is open all year, but player registration happens in the summer
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SHOO

Bit in bold...

You are absolutely deluded if you think replicating that team is even possible at all, let alone in one window. The only player that would have got close to the first XI in 2004 has just left us on a free.
Original post by Pete_91
Bit in bold...

You are absolutely deluded if you think replicating that team is even possible at all, let alone in one window. The only player that would have got close to the first XI in 2004 has just left us on a free.

Ramsey, koscielny, walcott, sagna

Latest