The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baconbutty
Ramsey, koscielny, walcott, sagna

Sagna was whom I was referring to.

Koscielny over Toure/Campbell? Not for me yet.
Ramsey over Vieira? Again that's a serious stretch.
Walcott over Pires too is asking a lot.
Original post by Pete_91
Sagna was whom I was referring to.

Koscielny over Toure/Campbell? Not for me yet.
Ramsey over Vieira? Again that's a serious stretch.
Walcott over Pires too is asking a lot.

Walcott over ljungberg
Ramsey this season is a better season than viera ever had and koscielny over toure
Reply 6982
Original post by Pete_91
Bit in bold...

You are absolutely deluded if you think replicating that team is even possible at all, let alone in one window. The only player that would have got close to the first XI in 2004 has just left us on a free.

No, I was referring to winning a double. Up until jan 2013, our stats really resembled that of the invincible team. I'm not saying we'll do another unbeaten. But a double
Original post by baconbutty
Walcott over ljungberg
Ramsey this season is a better season than viera ever had and koscielny over toure

Maybe over Ljungberg. Vieira played deeper and let Henry and Bergkamp run riot with the wingers, can't compare his stats in the same way. Ramsey is definitely not as good as Vieira, he is a better goal scorer though.
Original post by SHOO
No, I was referring to winning a double. Up until jan 2013, our stats really resembled that of the invincible team. I'm not saying we'll do another unbeaten. But a double

Up until Jan we'd played most of the easy teams.

We lost to a 7th place UTD
Drew 0-0 to Chelsea
Lost 6-3 to City
Lost 2-0 to napoli which seeded us against Bayern
Drew 1-1 to Everton, at home, making that 1/6 points off both them and UTD

The only thing we did that was close to being champions was beating Dortmund at home, and Liverpool too
Original post by Pete_91
Maybe over Ljungberg. Vieira played deeper and let Henry and Bergkamp run riot with the wingers, can't compare his stats in the same way. Ramsey is definitely not as good as Vieira, he is a better goal scorer though.

When did viera ever have as good a season as ramseys if Ramsey wasn't injured he was easily on course for 22+ goals and would of been arsenals highest assister and he doesn't take set pieces does he? He also has one of the top defensive contributions in terms of his tackles and interceptions from midfield and also covers the most distance
Original post by Pete_91

2 completely different players so there's no reason to compare goal wise.

Vieira had tons more defensive responsibility tbh where Ramsey has been so valued because of his attacking presence.
Original post by AR_95
2 completely different players so there's no reason to compare goal wise.

Vieira had tons more defensive responsibility tbh where Ramsey has been so valued because of his attacking presence.

I literally just said that...?
Original post by Pete_91
I literally just said that...?

Yeah I guess nevermind then
Where do people stand on the Pedro - Sanchez debate? I think Sanchez edges it for me but I guess it depends on the system they're in
Original post by sevchenko
Where do people stand on the Pedro - Sanchez debate? I think Sanchez edges it for me but I guess it depends on the system they're in

Pedro for me. Pedro is a much better footballer in terms of dribbling, being a team player and has more of a 'football brain'. Sanchez reminds me a bit like Walcott. Very stop and start when they have the ball at their feet and their best attributes are running in behind defences. Where as a feel Pedro brings more as he can do that extremely well, can also attack defences with the ball at his feet and is a great finisher. My two pence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6991
Sanchez in a chile shirt is ridiculously good. Pedro doesn't even compare. That Sanchez rivals Suarez. In a Barca shirt, he's inferior but he still edges it for me as I don't really see what pedro can offer that Sanchez can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Sanchez > Pedro.

Stronger, possibly quicker, greater shot power, better haircut - 'nuff said.
I was hoping some one would make my day and we'd made some supposed bid for Sanchez. Guess not :rolleyes:
Anyway there's not been to much discussion about Insigne. What position on the front does he play for Napoli? Would he fit well into our team?
Original post by B-Stacks
Pedro for me. Pedro is a much better footballer in terms of dribbling, being a team player and has more of a 'football brain'. Sanchez reminds me a bit like Walcott. Very stop and start when they have the ball at their feet and their best attributes are running in behind defences. Where as a feel Pedro brings more as he can do that extremely well, can also attack defences with the ball at his feet and is a great finisher. My two pence

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good analysis. Wenger does like technically gifted wingers on the left and raw pace on the right. If he went for anyone it would be Pedro
Poldi killing it atm, I know it only Armenia but from the bench he's a goal and 3 assists. Ozil done well also
I am perhaps being a tad pessimistic here. However, there may be a distinct possibility that we get a RB and that is it. Maybe we will get a last minute subpar panic buy striker. But, I don't think the CDM problem will ever be solved. If Wenger ever had any intention of solving it properly with the funds we have had, it would have been done by now. Our transfer window business handling is so so subpar.
podolski absolutely merking for germany tonight lads......
scored 1, assisted 3, dictated the other 1.
its only armenia but still dass it mane.
Original post by C.Almasy
I am perhaps being a tad pessimistic here. However, there may be a distinct possibility that we get a RB and that is it. Maybe we will get a last minute subpar panic buy striker. But, I don't think the CDM problem will ever be solved. If Wenger ever had any intention of solving it properly with the funds we have had, it would have been done by now. Our transfer window business handling is so so subpar.

Arsene's all about the last day of the window - haven't you noticed?

Latest