The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Biology Unit 4 6BI04 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Huntx
Why was the tumour white on the scan? I left that and another 4 marker blank. 6 marks gone. Lost 1 or 2 marks on pretty much all the questions

I said because the Ct scans show only black and white images and a tumour does not contain much myoglobin because theres not a lot of oxygen rich blood which would make it appear darker
Reply 641
Original post by Zarthast
It was Nor - Adrenaline because its a neurotransmitter that increases heart rate, I literally read it before the exam

Acetylcholine decreases heart rate too
Original post by Huntx
But there's always only one grade boundary put up for the paper. So are 2 different papers gona be graded equally? Edexcel are coonts

I just realised you are in Kenya! That is why you got the same exam as the UK - you only have a 2 hour time difference! It will be one exam for one time zone and one for the other, not into vs domestic x soz! We are just used to referring to ourselves as intl. students.
Original post by Zarthast
It was Nor - Adrenaline because its a neurotransmitter that increases heart rate, I literally read it before the exam

Adrenaline is a hormone I thought so wrote acetylcholine.
Original post by Huntx
Why was the tumour white on the scan? I left that and another 4 marker blank. 6 marks gone. Lost 1 or 2 marks on pretty much all the questions

Because tumour's density is different to that of the brain cells present, so it appears as an abnormality and hence appears white.

Pretty sure that's come up before.
Reply 645
Original post by nukethemaly
Adrenaline is a hormone I thought so wrote acetylcholine.

lol adrenaline is also a neurotransmitter
i only remembered because I remember reading about adrenergic and dopaminergic nerves
Reply 646
Original post by nukethemaly
Because tumour's density is different to that of the brain cells present, so it appears as an abnormality and hence appears white.

Pretty sure that's come up before.

Cool, That is all I could think off really. I was taking about the different density/composition of the tumour.

Tough paper though. There were half a dozen 5 markers in that paper. Also that dogdy 4 marker about metabolic reactions added to the awkwardness.
adrenaline is more of a hormone than neurotransmitter actually :/
acetyl choline is the answer i guess
Does anyone know where you can get the question paper for this exam?
Does anyone know where you can get the question paper for this exam?
Does anyone know where you can get the international papers from for this exam and unite 5 exam?
Can anyone explain to me the question about seaweed?? Question 7) b) ii) ?

http://www.paigntononline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/6BI04_01_que_20110613.pdf
Reply 652
Original post by bethcraske
Can anyone explain to me the question about seaweed?? Question 7) b) ii) ?

http://www.paigntononline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/6BI04_01_que_20110613.pdf

Green is found in the middle and blue in the deep? As the water gets deeper the prominent wavelengths get shorter so blue is deeper than green.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending