The Student Room Group

OCR Developments in Christian Theology

Is anybody else on here sitting this exam? It feels like it's just my class!

If so how are you revising and what topics are you good on/worried about?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
I am also doing this side of the Religious Studies course.. Wondering if you knew what the questions were for last summers exams?
Original post by berryr004699
I am also doing this side of the Religious Studies course.. Wondering if you knew what the questions were for last summers exams?

Are you doing A2, of so YAY! only two people at my school do it (myself included!) I thought i was the only one !
Here: June 2013
1) ‘Post-modernism does not contradict Christian exclusivism.’ Discuss. [35]
2) Evaluate Karl Rahner’s teaching on the relationship between history and non-Christian religions. [35]
3) To what extent does a hermeneutic of suspicion enable feminist theologians to reassess the place of women in Christianity? [35]
4) ‘Mary Daly’s feminist theology was inspiring but wrong.’ Discuss. [35]
Original post by cocopopscastle
Are you doing A2, of so YAY! only two people at my school do it (myself included!) I thought i was the only one !
Here: June 2013
1) ‘Post-modernism does not contradict Christian exclusivism.’ Discuss. [35]
2) Evaluate Karl Rahner’s teaching on the relationship between history and non-Christian religions. [35]
3) To what extent does a hermeneutic of suspicion enable feminist theologians to reassess the place of women in Christianity? [35]
4) ‘Mary Daly’s feminist theology was inspiring but wrong.’ Discuss. [35]

Yeah I am! I found them anyway but thanks! How ready do you feel for this exam? I'm good with all of Christian theology (besides defining religion) and i know radical/naturalist feminism and equality/liberal
Original post by berryr004699
Yeah I am! I found them anyway but thanks! How ready do you feel for this exam? I'm good with all of Christian theology (besides defining religion) and i know radical/naturalist feminism and equality/liberal

Quite bad TBH, I think I've reached a wall in revising, I just hope that exclusivism or pluralism comes up and a good opportunity for discussing the role of women in the 2nd part- I just Bible quote the whole thing!
What do you think is going to come up? I'd like a question on Elaine Pagels, Daly came up last year so hopefully that can't pop up again!
Original post by cocopopscastle
What do you think is going to come up? I'd like a question on Elaine Pagels, Daly came up last year so hopefully that can't pop up again!

god i know nothing about Pagels its too confusing:frown:
How did you guys find it? I did 1 and 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did 2 and 3!! The first section questions were good, but I found the feminism questions annoying ! I had no idea what question 4 even meant :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SophieLisa96
I did 2 and 3!! The first section questions were good, but I found the feminism questions annoying ! I had no idea what question 4 even meant :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahah yeah, it took me about 5 minutes of thinking about it before I had any clue what it was, then I had to plan it! I hoped for an open question so I just did it! Hard though I did like the look of question 3, I liked 1 as well but couldn't have done 2 in a million years... just hope it went well for everyone, I didn't even know if anyone else in the world did this course, everyone else seems to do ethics!
Reply 11
what came up in 2014? anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending