The Student Room Group

Primary Education course help!

I've just recently finished my AS year in college and I have to start applying for unis in september and I want to hear about what you think about your course in your uni. The official websites, which?uni and so on only tell you statistics and if it's the uni's website it's obviously written to convince you it's the best course out there. I live in birmingham but I'm not planning on going to a local uni (but if you go to one in bham do also let me know what it's like there). My main three are brighton, leeds trinity and roehampton. I'm curious about the interview process, accommodation (except bham), course content (ie how much placement there is), and obviously if you would recommend it. Thank you!
Reply 1
I'm at St Mary's in Twickenham and I'm having a fantastic time! The course is great and job prospects are good too! If you have any more specific questions, ask me :smile:

It's quite high up in the league tables considering it's entry requirements!

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Education
Reply 2
Original post by Runescapian
I've just recently finished my AS year in college and I have to start applying for unis in september and I want to hear about what you think about your course in your uni. The official websites, which?uni and so on only tell you statistics and if it's the uni's website it's obviously written to convince you it's the best course out there. I live in birmingham but I'm not planning on going to a local uni (but if you go to one in bham do also let me know what it's like there). My main three are brighton, leeds trinity and roehampton. I'm curious about the interview process, accommodation (except bham), course content (ie how much placement there is), and obviously if you would recommend it. Thank you!

Hi!
I'm also hoping to study Primary Education and saw that you live in a Birmingham! I've been looking at universities in a Birmingham and saw that both City and Newman offer the course so wonder if you knew if one was better than the other and the location of them as I would prefer to be nearer the centre! Also what is Birmingham like as a place?
Thank you!😊
Reply 3
st wondering if I could do a primary education
degree in university even though I have studied
a btec in business and law in collage
Original post by SianJakes
Hi!
I'm also hoping to study Primary Education and saw that you live in a Birmingham! I've been looking at universities in a Birmingham and saw that both City and Newman offer the course so wonder if you knew if one was better than the other and the location of them as I would prefer to be nearer the centre! Also what is Birmingham like as a place?
Thank you!������

This is so late im sorry!!! BCU is closer to the city centre than newman. Newman is on the other side of bimringham to me and would mean I'd need 3 different buses to get there every day so I haven't applied there so I can't really comment.

birminam is lovely as a place :smile: there are many shopping centres, there's the bullring which is town centre, walsall, Sutton coldfield, and BCU is right by one stop (though that's not the nicest place, both BCU and newman are in kind of rough areas)

Quick Reply

Latest