The Student Room Group

Cambridge Open Day without booking.

Can I attend a University of Cambridge open day without booking?

I really want to go to the Cambridge open day on Friday as I am considering applying to study there later on this year. I booked accommodation in advance, however, stupidly forgot to book myself into the actual open day.

I have emailed the university and asked if I can go without booking and they have told me that I can't; will I get turned away if I turn up without booking? Or will I at least be able to look around some collages and faculties to see what they are like? According to all the Cambridge college websites I have to book to attend, but according to some forums I can still have a look around without booking.

Please help! I don't want to drive for nearly 5 hours to find out that I'm literally not allowed to look around the university at all!

Thanks in advance.
Original post by ElementaryMyDear
Can I attend a University of Cambridge open day without booking?

I really want to go to the Cambridge open day on Friday as I am considering applying to study there later on this year. I booked accommodation in advance, however, stupidly forgot to book myself into the actual open day.

I have emailed the university and asked if I can go without booking and they have told me that I can't; will I get turned away if I turn up without booking? Or will I at least be able to look around some collages and faculties to see what they are like? According to all the Cambridge college websites I have to book to attend, but according to some forums I can still have a look around without booking.

Please help! I don't want to drive for nearly 5 hours to find out that I'm literally not allowed to look around the university at all!

Thanks in advance.

When I went last year everyone could just look around, there was no formal check in or anything.
Original post by Sparticus515
When I went last year everyone could just look around, there was no formal check in or anything.

Thanks! Do you know if it's possible to attend any lectures or tours without booking too? Or can you only look around?
Original post by ElementaryMyDear
Thanks! Do you know if it's possible to attend any lectures or tours without booking too? Or can you only look around?

I'm not sure because I only looked around, sorry :frown:
Original post by Sparticus515
I'm not sure because I only looked around, sorry :frown:

No need to apologise, thanks for responding :smile:
University departments might turn you away if you haven't booked, but colleges are far less likely to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending