The Student Room Group

Are these 'decent' exam boards?

AQA English Literature
AQA History
AQA Law
OCR Philosophy and Ethics

I know there is a variety of different topics, books etc, but if anybody has done exams or the course with these exam boards, how was it?
Yep, AQA and OCR are well respected boards. OCR tends to be seen as generally the most difficult and therefore the most respected board. At the end of the day though the board doesn't count for much if anything, a grade is a grade even though percentage requirements vary from board to board. Unfair in my opinion but it's just the way it is...
Original post by Lord Harold
Yep, AQA and OCR are well respected boards. OCR tends to be seen as generally the most difficult and therefore the most respected board. At the end of the day though the board doesn't count for much if anything, a grade is a grade even though percentage requirements vary from board to board. Unfair in my opinion but it's just the way it is...

Thank you, what's the difficulty of AQA in general?
Original post by fortunesfool
AQA English Literature
AQA History
AQA Law

I know there is a variety of different topics, books etc, but if anybody has done exams or the course with these exam boards, how was it?

AQA A or B for lit? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
AQA A or B for lit? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They haven't said, sorry:smile:
Reply 5
AQA English Literature
AQA History
AQA Law

There only are 3 main exam boards in England, and a lot of effort is put into making their difficulty comparable, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Thank you, what's the difficulty of AQA in general?

Not too hard at all.

Quick Reply

Latest