The Student Room Group

Girls; which brand of jewellery would you be most excited to receive as a gift?

Poll

Which brand of jewellery would you most like to receive from your boyfreind?

It's my Girlfriend's birthday in three weeks time and she's subtely hinted (at least I think she has :colondollar:) that she'd like jewellery. I'm not sure what to get however, so in order to start forming some ideas about what she'd like most I'd appreciate it if you could vote in my poll indicating what jewellery brand you would most like to receive from your boyfriend. Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

I am very fortunate to have received some very lovely jewellery as gifts, from the list only Cartier and Tiffany's are among my stuff but also Asprey's of London :smile:

I'm not sure what your budget is, but if it was me I'd rather receive a nice piece of something plain, like one of the silver T&co cuff bangles that Tiffany do, rather than something with a teeny tiny stone for the sake of it having a diamond in.

Lucky girl! :smile:
Girls, love guys with fat wallets. Just buy a sparkling jewellery, and she'll follow you even to the depths of hell. Until you stop giving her such things that is...
(edited 9 years ago)
From what I've gathered from movies etc, Tiffany's seems like a brand that women love to get as a gift! I think it's a very known and reputable brand.

"my boyfriend bought me jewellery from Tiffany's!!!!"
I'm not a girl, but anecdotal experience suggests that Tiffany is the brand to go for.

How long have you been with your girlfriend for?
Everyone is different. Just find something that looks nice. Tiffany stuff et al is bit expensive if you're a student
Original post by tehforum
I'm not a girl, but anecdotal experience suggests that Tiffany is the brand to go for.

How long have you been with your girlfriend for?

Yeah Tiffany does seem the most 'famous' brand and is probably the safest option, but I'm a little worried that it might be a bit cliche and/or betray a lack of thought/imagination.

I've been with my girlfriend about 18 months.
I'm not a big jewellery fan but I love some of the stuff on Etsy.
I got Tiffany's as a first jewellery present; I would expect something a bit more expensive from now on tbh, i.e. Cartier.
Just look at those brands, I wish you were my boyfriend.

I like Pandora rings but I'm not too keen on their bracelets. They look nice but seem less special when almost everyone you know has one.
Swarovski also have some nice pieces. You could visit a department store which will have a range of designer jewellery to choose from and I'm sure the shopping assistants will be willing to help you out :smile: Although I'd be careful to not purchase the department store's own brand of jewellery which can be of a lesser quality.

Alternatively, you could visit a jewellery shop like H. Samuel though obviously real gold is more expensive.

It might also hep to think about what items of jewellery and colours she likes / wears the most: silver, gold or rose gold; bracelets, rings, necklaces or earrings etc?
Harry Winston :sexface:
Reply 12
I don't care much for jewellery or presents if I'm honest.
Original post by saarah_
I don't care much for jewellery or presents if I'm honest.

:lol: Then you're probably in the wrong thread.
Reply 14
Original post by Ziggy Sawdust

:colondollar: I know, I know.

I'll just leave then.:biggrin:
Original post by Ziggy Sawdust

Definitely the "return to Tiffany's" bracelets. Or one of the necklaces like this one: http://www.tiffany.co.uk/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=30971655&mcat=148204&cid=287465&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+287465-s+5-r+-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+105-hr+250-ri+-mi+-pp+107+6&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=

I'd feel a very lucky girl if I got this. And you're worried about it being cliche, everyone loves a bit of cliche sometimes :tongue:

It really depends how much you want to spend, the pandora bracelets are nice too and you can always by charms throughout the years for various birthdays and christmas and adventures you go on.

p.s go silver rather than gold :tongue:
Original post by iheartplums
Just look at those brands, I wish you were my boyfriend.

I like Pandora rings but I'm not too keen on their bracelets. They look nice but seem less special when almost everyone you know has one.
Swarovski also have some nice pieces. You could visit a department store which will have a range of designer jewellery to choose from and I'm sure the shopping assistants will be willing to help you out :smile: Although I'd be careful to not purchase the department store's own brand of jewellery which can be of a lesser quality.

Alternatively, you could visit a jewellery shop like H. Samuel though obviously real gold is more expensive.

It might also hep to think about what items of jewellery and colours she likes / wears the most: silver, gold or rose gold; bracelets, rings, necklaces or earrings etc?

"Just look at those brands, I wish you were my boyfriend." Wow, just wow. Gold digger, much?
Original post by EatAndRevise
"Just look at those brands, I wish you were my boyfriend." Wow, just wow. Gold digger, much?

Oh get over yourself. It was a light-hearted comment. You can't say anything on TSR these days without having people getting up on their high-horses.

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated.

Original post by lyrical_lie
It really depends how much you want to spend, the pandora bracelets are nice too and you can always by charms throughout the years for various birthdays and christmas and adventures you go on.

I'd say my maximum budget is about £350-£400, but I don't want to go over the top and make her feel awkward or anything.

Original post by lyrical_lie
p.s go silver rather than gold :tongue:

May I ask why?
Original post by iheartplums
Oh get over yourself. It was a light-hearted comment. You can't say anything on TSR these days without having people getting up on their high-horses.

Oh, I am sorry I offended you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending