The Student Room Group

Anyone whos been permanently excluded at Uni?

when i say permanently excluded I mean kicked out of school permanently but have made it to Uni.

just wanted to know your thoughts of how you adjusted to university education plus the kind of people you get at uni.

i'd be interested to know.

that is if theres any of you out there... :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fojodef
just wanted to know your thoughts of how you adjusted to university education plus the kind of people you get at uni.

i'd be interested to know.

that is if theres any of you out there... :confused:

Do you mean people who have not managed to make any friends at university?
Reply 2
Original post by SophieSmall

everything.

the work. the work load. following time tables. self organisation. not making friends. making friends but not having much in common.
Original post by fojodef
everything.

the work. the work load. following time tables. self organisation. not making friends. making friends but not having much in common.

I'm not entirely sure how you can be excluded from the work, workload and following timetables and self organisation? As those are things you deal with yourself (for the most part, excluding group work).

I did however have a very hard time making friends on my course.
Reply 4
I'm not entirely sure how you can be excluded from the work, workload and following timetables and self organisation? As those are things you deal with yourself (for the most part, excluding group work).

I did however have a very hard time making friends on my course.

when i say permanently excluded I mean kicked out of school permanently but have made it to Uni.
Reply 5

He means people who were permanently excluded (expelled) from school, but then decided to go to university.

I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fojodef

Ooooh okay, I'm sorry :') I was quite confused by your original post. Sorry I can't help then :tongue:
Original post by Juno
He means people who were permanently excluded (expelled) from school, but then decided to go to university.

I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah he did, he's just edited his post :tongue:
I have two friends who were kicked out of school, had some rough years, then went to college to get BTECs and A Levels, then foundation degree, then onto degree-level study.

I can't speak for their experiences, but they talk about working harder, and do seem to value the opportunities more and really make the most of them, sometimes getting involved in the politics of it all as well.
I have a friend who got kicked out of school, drugs on school property, fights, disregard for teachers authority etc...He was very smart but just didn't care. He dropped out and worked at Halford for a bit, he's now finished a foundation year and is off to study medicine next year.
Reply 10
Original post by DarkWhite
I have two friends who were kicked out of school, had some rough years, then went to college to get BTECs and A Levels, then foundation degree, then onto degree-level study.

I can't speak for their experiences, but they talk about working harder, and do seem to value the opportunities more and really make the most of them, sometimes getting involved in the politics of it all as well.

Original post by TSA
I have a friend who got kicked out of school, drugs on school property, fights, disregard for teachers authority etc...He was very smart but just didn't care. He dropped out and worked at Halford for a bit, he's now finished a foundation year and is off to study medicine next year.

thats cool its nice to see other people doing it. helps a bit.
I was once kicked out of special college for people with disabilities a wild back as thought I was sleeping around even though I have never has sex in my life and I just wanted friends not boyfriends.
Plus they had evidence to suggest I was seeing three boys which was totally wrong as I just put a friendly x :smile: without realising and it all ended with a big fight at 1am in the morning with three men over me and me getting booted out and having bags packed by 11am the next morning.

Then my parents went into to see the head and I was left humiliated, mortified and spent the next few months with my parents on my back trying to get a job which ended up another two years.

Now even to this day I feel my parents never trusted me an then when I went to Uni in 2011. I was assaulted sexually and literally pulled out half way through first year, ended up in debt and jobless.

I even remember what they said and it still plays on my mind various times throughout my life.

Nightworld1066
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending