The Student Room Group

Can someone explain this behaviour 😭

One of my friends has been trying to exclude me and I don’t know why. In first semester we were really close and we’re basically always hanging out but then she met one of my mates and suddenly became cold distant and was keeping me out of the loop with any plans.

In second semester I ended up meeting a guy in her friend group (not knowing she was in the friend group) and me n him became close mates and inevitably I’d have ti at least talk ti her again since she’s close to him too so me and her talked and I thought we sorted things out. Me and her even went on a nice walk last week n we’re just catching up.

So tell me why all of a sudden when I bump into her and the group a few days ago at a society event she’s suddenly trying to exclude me and pretend I’m not even present? Her friend who I don’t even know was more willing to talk to me than she was.

I really need an explanation here because this stuff is just baffling
Reply 1
Ask her.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Ask her.

I did. She’s been ignoring me
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
One of my friends has been trying to exclude me and I don’t know why. In first semester we were really close and we’re basically always hanging out but then she met one of my mates and suddenly became cold distant and was keeping me out of the loop with any plans.

In second semester I ended up meeting a guy in her friend group (not knowing she was in the friend group) and me n him became close mates and inevitably I’d have ti at least talk ti her again since she’s close to him too so me and her talked and I thought we sorted things out. Me and her even went on a nice walk last week n we’re just catching up.

So tell me why all of a sudden when I bump into her and the group a few days ago at a society event she’s suddenly trying to exclude me and pretend I’m not even present? Her friend who I don’t even know was more willing to talk to me than she was.

I really need an explanation here because this stuff is just baffling

People can just be like that. Unfortunately it's the circle of life. People move on, make new friends and inevitably - with those bonds - leave old relationships for dust. Personally, I wouldn't give somebody the time of day who is intentionally making you feel uncomfortable and excluded. As devastating as it is to lose a close friend, it sounds as if the two of you have been drifting for some time. She has formed a new social circle, and so should you. If she's going to be ignorant, then there's no need to keep chasing after her. If she wants your company, then she will do everything in her power to keep you around. Some distance is the only way to figure it out and have time to self reflect, especially if she isn't willing to talk on the matter. Good luck with it, anyhow. I'm sure you'll get through it, and make yourself some friends who treat you as you're worth.
Reply 4
Original post by K.online.
People can just be like that. Unfortunately it's the circle of life. People move on, make new friends and inevitably - with those bonds - leave old relationships for dust. Personally, I wouldn't give somebody the time of day who is intentionally making you feel uncomfortable and excluded. As devastating as it is to lose a close friend, it sounds as if the two of you have been drifting for some time. She has formed a new social circle, and so should you. If she's going to be ignorant, then there's no need to keep chasing after her. If she wants your company, then she will do everything in her power to keep you around. Some distance is the only way to figure it out and have time to self reflect, especially if she isn't willing to talk on the matter. Good luck with it, anyhow. I'm sure you'll get through it, and make yourself some friends who treat you as you're worth.

I’m not chasing anyone. She’s just been very hot and cold but more importantly my friends are also her friends and she’s just been trying to push me out.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I’m not chasing anyone. She’s just been very hot and cold but more importantly my friends are also her friends and she’s just been trying to push me out.

I'm sorry to hear that. It happened to me during my time at high school (I'm homeschooled now) so I understand what it feels like. Ultimately, you have to do what's best for your health. She can't prevent you from engaging with your friends, and it why facilitate it then they're treating you no better. It might be awkward, but you shouldn't allow her to shun you. You don't have to be close with her to spend time with them, and if they push you out on her behalf, it's time to find yourself some new people. I'm sure she'll come back around to you eventually, but I know it's tough. If you ever need somebody to talk to, I'm here (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending