The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Khedira is very very similar to Ramsey

Tbh, I honestly reckon Flamini and Ramsey is a solid CM partnership. Problem is Arteta always plays when fit...

Arteta is miles ahead of Flamini. Criminally underrated by most fans. He may have lost his legs last season but the guy was one of our most important signings of that trolley dash era. All Flamini is good for is a guaranteed yellow card.
I will be so pissed off we get Khedira. Where is this even coming off. Dude had one decent game against one of the worst Brazilian teams in 40 years.
Original post by De Chirico
Arteta is miles ahead of Flamini. Criminally underrated by most fans. He may have lost his legs last season but the guy was one of our most important signings of that trolley dash era. All Flamini is good for is a guaranteed yellow card.

+1
Original post by De Chirico

Will you be saying that watching Arteta flounder around the midfield as attackers brush past him like he's not even there? He's fine for when we're at home vs Swansea and he can just chill at CM.

Flamini is not really talented but he's a presence and provides cover.
Original post by Zürich
Will you be saying that watching Arteta flounder around the midfield as attackers brush past him like he's not even there? He's fine for when we're at home vs Swansea and he can just chill at CM.

Flamini is not really talented but he's a presence and provides cover.

Flamini was on the pitch when we shipped 6 goals to city. You're scapegoating Arteta for poor tactical setup of the whole team. Just because Flamini goes for the spectacular tackles doesn't make him a better player. His passing range and accuracy are vastly inferior to Arteta and we don't retain possession as well as a result.

Having said that we should be bringing in a player who is a significant upgrade on both of them.
35m for sanchez is deffo on the steep side tbh.
Reply 106
Original post by baconbutty
Don't think I can justify sanchez on 150k a week Tbh when did we become this

Why you so surprised mate. We're throwing out money left right and center just like your favourite club Man city no?
Original post by AR_95
Why you so surprised mate. We're throwing out money left right and center just like your favourite club Man city no?

I don't admire their money I want us to aspire to their play style. They've played some of the best attacking football of the modern age
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
35m for sanchez is deffo on the steep side tbh.

How so? Think it's £35m with potential add ons but even so, what player can you sign for that money of that quality in this market?

Lallana=£25m, Herrera=£30m, Lamela=£30m, Jovetic= £25m, etc. We got £12m for a 50% sell on in Vela if you think about it so for me Sanchez is an absolutely bargain
Original post by Zürich
How so? Think it's £35m with potential add ons but even so, what player can you sign for that money of that quality in this market?

Lallana=£25m, Herrera=£30m, Lamela=£30m, Jovetic= £25m, etc. We got £12m for a 50% sell on in Vela if you think about it so for me Sanchez is an absolutely bargain

I personally think all those players were overpayed for bar maybe Jovetic (only watched glimpses of him before), but I guess that could just be me not accepting inflation in the market nowadays.

When I heard bids quoted at around 27 mil + add ons I was extremely happy with that and though that was a steal but with the 35m valuation when you consider the circumstances such as Alexis wanting to come here and Barca wanting to get rid I think we maybe could have got him for less. Then again I do trust Wenger to drive as hard a bargain as possible.
4 year contract looks like we'll be looking to get rid of him at his peak
Who would you guys prefer out of Khedira, Bender and Schneiderlin?
Original post by Stalin

Why not all 3? Strength in depth
Original post by baconbutty
Why not all 3? Strength in depth

Silly, we've got Flamini and Arteta for that.
Where has the 35mil come from? I thought it was 35 million euros.

For some perspective, Luke Shaw just went for £27m
Original post by Stalin

Schneiderlin.

Knows the league, would be cheaper and I think he fits our team better than the others. Khedira is too much like Ramsey and too offensive even if he is quality, Bender is just like Schneiderlin when I've watched him but a bit injury prone and probably more expensive. I'm not sure if Bayer or Southampton want to sell though.
(edited 9 years ago)

They know where they're finishing.
Reply 117
Don't really care about the fee. Even if it's 35m, that's just the increase in tv money from pl last season compare to the season before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manchesterunited15

They know where they're finishing.

Utd players would need 2 sets of fingers to describe Utd's position then!
Original post by Zürich
Utd players would need 2 sets of fingers to describe Utd's position then!

Latest