The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheInvincibles14
Also BaconButty needs to be banned from this thread. No way is this guy an Arsenal fan. I understand critiquing Wenger but this guy takes it to the next level, critiquing the signing of Alexis is just laughable really.

I'm entitled to my opinion. I expect him to flop
Original post by baconbutty
I'm entitled to my opinion. I expect him to flop

That's because you aren't an arsenal fan, just a very dedicated troll with a lot if time on your hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Original post by Peggles_*
That's because you aren't an arsenal fan, just a very dedicated troll with a lot if time on your hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He actually resembles Liverpool fans. Honestly, I realised this yesterday when I had a chat with a friend of mine that supports Liverpool. He too had absolutely nothing positive to say about us when I told him we bought Sanchez lol

Could it be?!
Original post by FKLW
Pls. No need for bitterness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not really bitterness, better than burning or throwing it away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
He actually resembles Liverpool fans. Honestly, I realised this yesterday when I had a chat with a friend of mine that supports Liverpool. He too had absolutely nothing positive to say about us when I told him we bought Sanchez lol

Could it be?!

Most likely. Bacon is a strange one, he's always in his feelings giving himself palpitations over what someone said about him! His whole "I am the Ozil if the Arsenal thread" i.e the victims and what not was just hilarious. Who knows maybe he is a LFC fan, as the saying goes about them "outraged by everything ashamed of nothing"

For all of this talk about them being the most knowledgeable fanbase on TSR, that definitely does not translate to the real world. Some of the stupidity I have seen of late has been alarming. When it got to "Sanchez only chose Arsenal over us because they are in London" I had to depart from the conversation and lay down!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I actually work 55 hours a week
Go the gym 6x a week and go to house raves when I can :-)

Still after all that I make more arsenal games than 95% of this thread put together and I'm not the fan apparently.
Reply 386
Most likely. Bacon is a strange one, he's always in his feelings giving himself palpitations over what someone said about him! His whole "I am the Ozil if the Arsenal thread" i.e the victims and what not was just hilarious. Who knows maybe he is a LFC fan, as the saying goes about them "outraged by everything ashamed of nothing"

For all of this talk about them being the most knowledgeable fanbase on TSR, that definitely does not translate to the real world. Some of the stupidity I have seen of late has been alarming. When it got to "Sanchez only chose Arsenal over us because they are in London" I had to depart from the conversation and lay down!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're the most knowledgable? LOL says who?

Honestly, I told my friend yesterday (Liverpool fan) and he just proved my point about them..

Wait I'll show you:-

Original post by SHOO
Soooo.. It's a bit off topic, but a convo that I just had highlights why I dislike Liverpool fans to the fullest

So I tell a friend of mine that we got Sanchez & man went off on one. Started with "You don't even need him" to "He's barca's ****test player" to "Liverpool would bang barcelona & Munich" to "Arsenal won't get top 4" to "Lallana is much better than Ramsey"

Smh
cant stop looking at this gol chaps
[video="youtube;7ISU__52ALw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ISU__52ALw[/video]

20 gols easy next season
(edited 9 years ago)
Sanchez will score more goals than Diego Costa quote the gawd to infinity

i pray to gawd wenger let him do his ting and bang in the goals, don't want sanchez to do an ozil = scared to let the ting off and shoot ffs
(edited 9 years ago)
If the reports of trying to bid of Khedira are true then it's a great thing. It's still the one big gap in your squad, having a star player in midfield to anchor the play is exactly what you need.

Still think you could improve on Giroud but I don't think that is a necessity this summer with Sanchez having been signed.
Original post by Zerforax
If the reports of trying to bid of Khedira are true then it's a great thing. It's still the one big gap in your squad, having a star player in midfield to anchor the play is exactly what you need.

Still think you could improve on Giroud but I don't think that is a necessity this summer with Sanchez having been signed.

khedira doesnt play that role :|
Original post by baconbutty
khedira doesnt play that role :|

Sorry when I said anchor, I meant anchor the play around him as opposed to being a DM.

Yaya Toure doesn't play DM but you can see that the play revolves around him in midfield and he makes his presence known.

Same with players like Vidal and Schweinsteiger.
Sorry when I said anchor, I meant anchor the play around him as opposed to being a DM.

Yaya Toure doesn't play DM but you can see that the play revolves around him in midfield and he makes his presence known.

thats what ramsey is though and if he maintains his form of the last 18 months hes a far better player than khedira
Why are some of you guys so against a possible move for Khedira? He's not the absolute best but he would be a great addition imo if it goes through.
Reply 394
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Why are some of you guys so against a possible move for Khedira? He's not the absolute best but he would be a great addition imo if it goes through.

He's talented no doubt. But rather than complimenting Ramsey, Khadira mimics him. Khadira loves to bomb forward, and if him & Ramsey do so then our defence is left exposed. Against the bigger teams, it means another 5-1, 6-0 or 6-3 whooping. We need someone who can sit deep and protect the back four whilst Ramsey bombards forward. Someone like Schneiderlin or Bender or Gustavo. Someone that does the dirty job

An upgrade on Arteta or Flamini tbh

Khedira plays like Ramsey, he bursts forward a lot while the other CM sits back and threads through passes, midfielders will either track Khedira giving space to other players or he gets into advanced positions through on goal to take a shot. Noticed that he played with Alonso, a guy who rarely ever ventures forward and generally stays back.

He looks big and doesn't seem like a playmaker so everybody assumes that he's a tough tackling DM. He's not.

You have Wilshere and Ramsey for his role and imo they're both better. Performances like Khedira vs Brazil are few and far between nowadays.

But then that's what Arsenal do with Ramsey and he's better at it. One beast performance vs Brazil is nothing compared to Ramsey over the past 18 months. If Ramsey was in that team he'd have destroyed them.

Schweinsteigger can play as a deep lying playmaker though. As can Kroos and Lahm (see the game vs Arsenal at the emirates). If you got those players they won't just burst forward at every opportunity.
Original post by SHOO
He's talented no doubt. But rather than complimenting Ramsey, Khadira mimics him. Khadira loves to bomb forward, and if him & Ramsey do so then our defence is left exposed. Against the bigger teams, it means another 5-1, 6-0 or 6-3 whooping. We need someone who can sit deep and protect the back four whilst Ramsey bombards forward. Someone like Schneiderlin or Bender or Gustavo. Someone that does the dirty job

An upgrade on Arteta or Flamini tbh

Ah I see, so what you're saying is that in actual fact Khedira would be more of a direct alternative to Ramsey, which isnt really necessary. I'd rule out getting Gustavo, bender would be a great option but I'm skeptical about whether Schneiderlin will come too but we'll see.
Thanks Jam, I got it. :smile:

Sooo guess Gundogan is out of question then...
Reply 399
Thanks Jam, I got it. :smile:

Sooo guess Gundogan is out of question then...

I don't remember him ever being in the question :tongue:

Latest