The Student Room Group

High blood pressure 140/90

I have two wrist cuffs that measure blood pressure. One broke and so I brought a new one, only for it work again.
Both give variable readings with the ex-broken one giving lower readings.
However, throughout today, my blood pressure has been through the roof since I bought a weight loss supplement from Holland And Barratt. Beforehand it has been slight high with the new one giving 132/48... but never this high before..
Original post by Anonymous
I have two wrist cuffs that measure blood pressure. One broke and so I brought a new one, only for it work again.
Both give variable readings with the ex-broken one giving lower readings.
However, throughout today, my blood pressure has been through the roof since I bought a weight loss supplement from Holland And Barratt. Beforehand it has been slight high with the new one giving 132/48... but never this high before..

Go see your GP or pharmacist and ask to have your blood pressure monitored. They'll advise on what steps to take afterwards, be it reducing salt intake or simply nothing.
Reply 2
Original post by thegodofgod
Go see your GP or pharmacist and ask to have your blood pressure monitored. They'll advise on what steps to take afterwards, be it reducing salt intake or simply nothing.

The weight loss supplement contained almost 70mg of caffeine..
Original post by Anonymous
The weight loss supplement contained almost 70mg of caffeine..

Well that certainly explains the high blood pressure. Stop taking a weight loss supplement for a while and measure your blood pressure in order to make sure that it is the supplement that is causing the hypertension. Then go and see your GP/pharmacist about weight loss advice if you still want to lose weight.
bought.....

Quick Reply

Latest