The Student Room Group

Future Year 11's - Current feelings?

Hey all, how are you feeling about next year?
Nervous or excited? Probably both?
Original post by Strom
Hey all, how are you feeling about next year?
Nervous or excited? Probably both?

Not sure exactly. Doesn't really feel like I'm going to be in year 11. How about you?
Original post by Black Rose
Not sure exactly. Doesn't really feel like I'm going to be in year 11. How about you?

Yeah I know what you mean. Can't believe only one more year of key stage 4 :colone:

Odd to think that in two years I won't ever see lots of people again.
Original post by Strom
Yeah I know what you mean. Can't believe only one more year of key stage 4 :colone:

Odd to think that in two years I won't ever see lots of people again.

It went so fast :eek:

What do you mean? :smile:

Have you had a look at Year 10 thread by the way? :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
It went so fast :eek:

What do you mean? :smile:

Have you been on the Year 10 thread btw?

Hey guys, cant believe im in year 11 now - crazy:redface: still remember year 7 lol!
Im really nervous for year 11 with my GCSE'S and exams coming up. However Im also looking forward to prom - yay!!!!!!

Has anyone got any advice on how to get really good grades in year 11? Im your average ability student but would really love to get A's. I am willing to put the work and effort in, and I wanna start now a year early to prepare. So anyone got any advice? just pop up and reply

Also anyone wants to have a chat or needs someone to talk to, im here day and night any time :smile: jus pop up

Thankyou guys x
Original post by sarahussainxxx
Hey guys, cant believe im in year 11 now - crazy:redface: still remember year 7 lol!
Im really nervous for year 11 with my GCSE'S and exams coming up. However Im also looking forward to prom - yay!!!!!!

Has anyone got any advice on how to get really good grades in year 11? Im your average ability student but would really love to get A's. I am willing to put the work and effort in, and I wanna start now a year early to prepare. So anyone got any advice? just pop up and reply

Also anyone wants to have a chat or needs someone to talk to, im here day and night any time :smile: jus pop up

Thankyou guys x

So do I, I can quite vividly recall induction day :tongue: Its okay to be nervous :smile:

To aim for good grades, I suggest you be on top of your work, this means to make sure that you understand everything in class, do your homework and ask for help when needed.

I guess revising for tests would be good, to see how much you've progressed (if any) and then you could work on where your are weakest, make a list maybe :smile:

Find out what kind of revision technique works for you, whether it be reading from a book, mindmaps, flashcards, doing stuff etc With me, I find that reading from a textbook/revision guide isn't as efficient as using something like flashcards. However, flashcards take a long time to make whereas you don't really have to do anything with a revision guide, just buy it :tongue: Though for some, flashcards seem like a lot to learn and they get put off. I think that with mindmaps, I can't really put much detail into it without cramming all the info and making it off putting. Also find that videos, things being said to me help :smile:

If you're planning to revise, make sure that you don't overload yourself with all the info :redface: Do revision with breaks and short bursts of revision will be more efficient than longer ones as you'll hopefully be able to concentrate more. I'm not planning to revise in the holidays, I think relaxing for me would be best (as we have a busy year ahead) and the end of this year has been quite busy to. However, I am going to be making revision notes (flashcards) for my mocks in December but will not actually revise from it :smile: Depending on when my mocks will be, I might start revising in October/November. Then have a break after mocks and start revising for the real exams.
Reply 6
It feels like the year is going to be over before we know! We only get two terms of work, really, before exams and revision.
So do I, I can quite vividly recall induction day :tongue: Its okay to be nervous :smile:

To aim for good grades, I suggest you be on top of your work, this means to make sure that you understand everything in class, do your homework and ask for help when needed.

I guess revising for tests would be good, to see how much you've progressed (if any) and then you could work on where your are weakest, make a list maybe :smile:

Find out what kind of revision technique works for you, whether it be reading from a book, mindmaps, flashcards, doing stuff etc With me, I find that reading from a textbook/revision guide isn't as efficient as using something like flashcards. However, flashcards take a long time to make whereas you don't really have to do anything with a revision guide, just buy it :tongue: Though for some, flashcards seem like a lot to learn and they get put off. I think that with mindmaps, I can't really put much detail into it without cramming all the info and making it off putting. Also find that videos, things being said to me help :smile:

If you're planning to revise, make sure that you don't overload yourself with all the info :redface: Do revision with breaks and short bursts of revision will be more efficient than longer ones as you'll hopefully be able to concentrate more. I'm not planning to revise in the holidays, I think relaxing for me would be best (as we have a busy year ahead) and the end of this year has been quite busy to. However, I am going to be making revision notes (flashcards) for my mocks in December but will not actually revise from it :smile: Depending on when my mocks will be, I might start revising in October/November. Then have a break after mocks and start revising for the real exams.

Hey omg thanks for your really great advice really appreciate - very useful!
Also hope we can be friends :smile:
Hey omg thanks for your really great advice really appreciate - very useful!
Also hope we can be friends :smile:

That's alright, sure and have you been on the Y10 thread before? :smile:
That's alright, sure and have you been on the Y10 thread before?

Great yeah I have, have u? :smile:
Great yeah I have, have u? :smile:

:yep:
:yep:

cool, I don't mean to be rude but are you a boy or girl, quite difficult to tell on your profile pic lol
cool, I don't mean to be rude but are you a boy or girl, quite difficult to tell on your profile pic lol

I'm a girl :smile: That pink gender symbol by my username means girl :yep: Boys have a blue one. Some users choose not to show them though.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm a girl :smile: That pink gender symbol by my username means girl :yep: Boys have a blue one. Some users choose not to show them though.

Ohh ok thanks sorry :confused::confused:
Ohh ok thanks sorry :confused::confused:

It's alright :smile:

or just do past papers... thats pretty much all i did for my GCSE which i took this summer and im expecting about 2A* 9As or 3A* 8As
Original post by Angelo12231
or just do past papers... thats pretty much all i did for my GCSE which i took this summer and im expecting about 2A* 9As or 3A* 8As

Past papers are great to use :yep: But you'd have to revise beforehand if you haven't learned the content properly/not been taught them well :smile: Hope that you get the grades you want :h:
Past papers are great to use :yep: But you'd have to revise beforehand if you haven't learned the content properly/not been taught them well :smile: Hope that you get the grades you want :h:

yes, then you'd better make sure you revise everything as soon as you've learn't it i guess! if you are aiming for top top top :smile: thanks, good luck

Quick Reply

Latest