The Student Room Group

A message to the boys!

If it is quite obvious that there is a mutual attraction between you and a girl, ask her out because the chances of the girl making the first move are very small!!

Decided to make this thread because I'm in this position, and I will certainly not make the first move.

So guys, go for it because she probably wants you too!!

Scroll to see replies

The guy might be oblivious to the fact that it is indeed a mutual attraction. If I was you I'd give him a bigger hint to ask you out, else you'll be cuddling your teddy bear in bed rather than a guy for a while longer.
Reply 2
Why would you not make the first move?
Why wouldnt you make the first move? Im curious
Reply 4
He doesn't like you. Sorry.
Reply 5
You're not alone, there are many girls that think just like you, and the guys know it. Hence why guys are overwhelmingly the ones that make the first move, in one way or another.

However, a lot of guys are also scared of rejection, and won't make a move unless he knows it's a positive answer. Not something you can be sure of by any standards since many people are just over-friendly and it's taken the wrong way.
Original post by Horny Cabbage
The guy might be oblivious to the fact that it is indeed a mutual attraction. If I was you I'd give him a bigger hint to ask you out, else you'll be cuddling your teddy bear in bed rather than a guy for a while longer.

It's so obvious; we've been staring at each other at uni everyday! Not now as it's Summer! We've never spoken though - I'm too shy and I think he is too.
Original post by überambitious_ox
If it is quite obvious that there is a mutual attraction between you and a girl, ask her out because the chances of the girl making the first move are very small!!

Decided to make this thread because I'm in this position, and I will certainly not make the first move.

Why not?
Original post by The_Smurf
Why would you not make the first move?

Original post by PatsyCline
Why wouldnt you make the first move? Im curious

I'm so shy with guys! Didn't speak to them before uni tbh; I went to an all girls school too! I haven't previously been in this position.
It's so obvious; we've been staring at each other at uni everyday! Not now as it's Summer! We've never spoken though - I'm too shy and I think he is too.

You're at uni and you're in a position where you're near certain you're meant to be with a guy you've never said a word to?!

Maybe start with 'hi' then you can work towards going out.
I'm so shy with guys! Didn't speak to them before uni tbh; I went to an all girls school too! I haven't previously been in this position.

You're an adult. Seriously, they're boys not aliens, talk to him and you may be able to gauge slightly better whether you'd be suited to a relationship with each other.
Reply 11
Original post by nohomo

Op: This

:biggrin:
Reply 12
Hes not listening lol, grow some balls and ask him out before its too late.
Really don't understand girls who have this massive thing about not making the first move - why should it always be down to the guy!? If you want something, go get it.

If you do not want to make the first move and neither does he then in matters like this I am pretty sure that friends of both people know of your 'attraction' to each other. Have them set up a situation so that both of you start and all shall be beautiful. I've done this twice for friends and it worked brilliantly! :biggrin:
Sit next to him and talk about the lecture or course or whatever for chrissakes!
It's much more scary for him to come up to you than the other way around! I don't understand why you wouldn't just do it. I am shy, but if I recognise someone else is also shy and think they look really interesting I will make the effort.

If you've misjudged and he actually seems uncomfortable like 'please don't talk to me', then you just leave it at awkward opening small talk, move on and no harm's done.
You've never talked but you like him? Just lol
If you're in the position (wo)man up and ask him out. Stop continuing this idea that men have to always be the one to ask.
All I can see when reading this is "I'm far to weak to actually put my own feelings forward, so the male species as a whole should adapt to my shortcomings".
Pathetic.
Original post by nohomo

So why would we be staring at each other everyday at uni then? Also, I caught him staring first

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending