The Student Room Group

The Gove is Gone Celebration Thread

Finally.

He's gone.

No longer must we stand the ridiculous decisions gradually destroying the country's education. This moron shall never interfere with our educations again.

All we can do now is pray his awful impact has not left marks too deep upon our education system and upon our results this summer.

Gove is Gone.

1405437154275.jpg

Are you glad?
What do you think his most awful decision was?
If you were appointed the new secretary what would you do to improve this country's education?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

praise the lord!!!!!
Let's celebrate yes, one of the few people in government that had the conviction to try and bring about significant change to our education system, is gone. It saddens me that people celebrate that he's gone, and then bemoan the state of our education system. I doubt his replacement will see through what he tried to do. She wont be as good.
Reply 3
Yes, bad decisions are gone, because Gove was the only person to ever have made bad decisions :rolleyes:

I honestly think Gove was an earnest, passionate man, who truly wants to improve the education system. His heart was in the right place, but his Tory brain wasn't, and as such he made some awful, awful decisions.

Don't worry, no matter who is in the role, they will screw up somehow.
Reply 4
Original post by Obiejess
Finally.

He's gone.

No longer must we stand the ridiculous decisions gradually destroying the country's education. This moron shall never interfere with our educations again.

All we can do now is pray his awful impact has not left marks too deep upon our education system and upon our results this summer.

Gove is Gone.

1405437154275.jpg

Are you glad?
What do you think his most awful decision was?
If you were appointed the new secretary what would you do to improve this country's education?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Utterly astonished you all think it'll make the least bit of difference. So the new Secretary might be less publicly objectionable... whoop-ti-do. You don't think the same Conservative policies will be continued? Still the same party in charge, you're all acting like this means it'll suddenly return to a land of happy bunnies and fluffy dreams.

Get back to reality.
Original post by Drewski
Utterly astonished you all think it'll make the least bit of difference. So the new Secretary might be less publicly objectionable... whoop-ti-do. You don't think the same Conservative policies will be continued? Still the same party in charge, you're all acting like this means it'll suddenly return to a land of happy bunnies and fluffy dreams.

Get back to reality.

This. Before Gove, the education system was always broken anyway. I don't see much reason to rejoice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

Oh, and don't for a minute act like you're the first and only generation of students to have to put up with your education being shifted from pillar to post. Sorry, but you're nothing special.
Let's not start celebrating until we've got a Labour government in 2015. We just can't trust Tories with our education.
Original post by JamesGibson
Let's not start celebrating until we've got a Labour government in 2015. We just can't trust Tories with our education.

I wouldn't trust Labour with the country, let alone education.
Original post by Drewski

Get back to reality.

I agree. Not much will change. (But still whoopee that Gove is gone)!!!
It should be a teenager/ someone in their early twenties in charge, is my opinion. What do adults like him know about school and grades anyway? It's changed so much since their school days :angry:
Original post by RebeccaLong
It should be a teenager/ someone in their early twenties in charge, is my opinion. What do adults like him know about school and grades anyway? It's changed so much since their school days :angry:

You can't be ****ing serious.
Original post by Drewski
Oh, and don't for a minute act like you're the first and only generation of students to have to put up with your education being shifted from pillar to post. Sorry, but you're nothing special.

Harsh..? We all have opinions...
Original post by RebeccaLong

What on earth are you talking about? Why would you have a teenager/young person run one of the major offices of our country? It's just mad to even suggest a teenager is up to the job as Secretary of State for education
Original post by Drewski
x

Original post by Abstraction
x

Agreed completely. I'm pretty sure the OP isn't even a Sixth Former yet, so I guess some of her judgement can be justified as naivety.

Education needs to be reformed. Just because you didn't like his methods doesn't mean the problems he was trying to fix don't exist.
The next replacement may not be much better, but at least they might provide some new insight. Hardly like they could make it much worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woooo! With any luck the person taking over will be much better

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Drewski

Just because it has happened before doesn't make it right or fair. We still have every right to demand a better education.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The next replacement may not be much better, but at least they might provide some new insight. Hardly like they could make it much worse.

Oh, childish innocence...
Told my friends in tutorial we are all quite pleased but I shan't celebrate because I have no idea how good the next guy will be

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact you think our education system is at rock-bottom now means you have no actual idea what you are talking about, and just follow the crowd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending