The Student Room Group

Do universities still just look at your overall grade, and not your individual mark?

There was a post from 13 years ago saying they didn’t but I’m asking again in case this has changed. I mean I got into my firm choice but I was one mark off of the grade above me (so basically i got one grade below the firm choice) but I still got in, and the only reason why other than them looking at your actual marks is my luck being really high honestly! Feel free to share your experiences
Original post by b33orchid.tsr
There was a post from 13 years ago saying they didn’t but I’m asking again in case this has changed. I mean I got into my firm choice but I was one mark off of the grade above me (so basically i got one grade below the firm choice) but I still got in, and the only reason why other than them looking at your actual marks is my luck being really high honestly! Feel free to share your experiences

No, universities will just look at your grades not your marks. :smile:

Congratulations on getting in :woo:

What are you doing to celebrate?

Congratulations on getting your place!

Universities will just look at your overall grade :smile:

Best of luck!

Scarlett
Reply 3
Original post by 04MR17
No, universities will just look at your grades not your marks. :smile:

Congratulations on getting in :woo:

What are you doing to celebrate?

Thank you, I guess I did probably just get lucky haha

And thank you! I might bake something with the fam
Thank you, I guess I did probably just get lucky haha

And thank you! I might bake something with the fam

Yay baking! :rave:

@Chronoscope could you link the got into uni celebration thread? :smile:
Reply 5
Universities have to accept everyone who meets their offer, but if they still have spaces after that then will also begin accepting people who narrowly missed out. This is pretty common, even at Oxbridge, so you should consider it more skill than luck!
Original post by 04MR17
Yay baking! :rave:

@Chronoscope could you link the got into uni celebration thread? :smile:

no problemo :wink:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7384041&p=98717512#post98717512

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending