The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sevchenko
It's a "according to reports in Spain" so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

To be fair those reports are from Marca who are Real Madrid's mouthpiece.
I also don't think that getting the likes of Sanchez and Khedira will significantly reduce the playing time of guys like Wilshere, Arteta, Flamini, Ox, Podolski etc. Fatigue and Injury ALWAYS set in, judging from previous seasons, we can expect 6 players to be out at a time. With more depth in quality we'll have just about enough players to effectively rotate while competing in all four competitions.
Original post by Peggles_*
You are still here?

You're not a gooner. Naff off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We could all just collectively block him
Original post by EmperorMustard
To be fair those reports are from Marca who are Real Madrid's mouthpiece.

I honestly think Khedira is a smokescreen for the announcement of Diaby's new 8 year contract.

No but Srs. I do see this deal happening but I would love Schneiderlin
Original post by sevchenko
I honestly think Khedira is a smokescreen for the announcement of Diaby's new 8 year contract.

No but Srs. I do see this deal happening but I would love Schneiderlin

He would be the perfect signing.
Original post by Peggles_*
You are still here?

You're not a gooner. Naff off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many times have you been to the emirates?
We're Arsenal , no one likes us, we don't give a ****.
Original post by Birdman1234567
Expect a flurry of Khedira critique over the coming days from those who haven't already done so :rolleyes:

Why would anyone criticize Khedira? He is one of the best CM right now.

I just don't like Ozil, has nothing to do with Arsenal. E.g. I even still like Poldi even though if we are honest he is way over his prime.
Original post by SarcasticMel
Why would anyone criticize Khedira? He is one of the best CM right now.

I just don't like Ozil, has nothing to do with Arsenal. E.g. I even still like Poldi even though if we are honest he is way over his prime.

NO HE ****ING ISN'T. wtf is wrong people these days.

agree with jam. he's just a slower version of ****ing ramires and ramires is terrible.

rather play Arteta Ramsey, than Khedira Ramsey.

inb4 do you even football.
why are man united in for Vidal and we're not? If this bs of no such thing as a proper DM is true, then we should be in for this guy. One of the best B2B midfielders out there. Sanchez and Wenger do the ting man.
Original post by Basiji

agree with jam. he's just a slower version of ****ing ramires and ramires is terrible.

I think you've gone a bit too far here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People shouldn't underestimate what Khedira can do for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 973
I'm confused. If Khedira is leaving because he doesn't want to play the holding role, then why are Arsenal buying him? Arsenal have plenty of decent CM's, what they need is an actual DM which would allow players like Ramsey and Wilshire to get more involved in the attack...
Original post by cBay
I'm confused. If Khedira is leaving because he doesn't want to play the holding role, then why are Arsenal buying him? Arsenal have plenty of decent CM's, what they need is an actual DM which would allow players like Ramsey and Wilshire to get more involved in the attack...

Why do arsenal need a proper dm
Original post by cBay

What is a pure DM? I don't think there's many of those remaining. Khedira will do both - drive forward but also protect the back four. I think he'll be a quality signing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Basiji

Haha :smile:
More and more teams these days are favouring two b2b midfielders over a pure DM. Although I'd prefer Schneiderlin, Khedira and Ramsey are both more than capable of protecting the back four. I reckon in big away games we'll still play Arteta/Flamini beside them anyway, but Arteta/Flamini aren't needed in most games.
Original post by qwerty_mad
What is a pure DM? I don't think there's many of those remaining. Khedira will do both - drive forward but also protect the back four. I think he'll be a quality signing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Khedira will protect the back four. He hardly made a tackle or an interception in the games he played for Madrid last year.
Original post by EmperorMustard
More and more teams these days are favouring two b2b midfielders over a pure DM. Although I'd prefer Schneiderlin, Khedira and Ramsey are both more than capable of protecting the back four. I reckon in big away games we'll still play Arteta/Flamini beside them anyway, but Arteta/Flamini aren't needed in most games.

Disagree.

the top teams are generally using a deep lying playmaker with a box to box midfielder next to them. Such as Bayern, Dortmund, Chelsea. Or they play 4-3-3, with a Deep lying playmaker and two playmakers.

Although a lot of these terms are interchangeable. Khedira has played as a DM before but he's not the DM you need in your system, you need a Matic who can play the ball while staying deep, or an energetic version of Steven Gerrard.

If anything, teams are getting more versatile midfielders.

Latest