The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Balos girl is datpiff tho
Sagna had a terrible season for you 12 months ago. Was very poor attacking wise and defending wise.

Debuchy was probably the better player at the time.
Original post by jam278
Sagna had a terrible season for you 12 months ago. Was very poor attacking wise and defending wise.

Debuchy was probably the better player at the time.

This is true. But Sagna had just had leg breaks etc. Last season he got back to his previous level, if not better actually.

Just feel we've gotten ripped off for Debuchy and I' not quite sure why. Had the same feeling when we signed Arteta so it's probably just a bias against PL players at average teams, find it hard to find the positives.

£10m is actually quite a lot of money for a RB and I'm sure we could have done better. Just feels very lazy from Wenger to sign the French RB playing for a PL club...
(edited 9 years ago)
This tweet here is so true. People used to say this to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kruz
This tweet here is so true. People used to say this to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

One rule for us, one rule for everyone else! :rolleyes:

If you want a good laugh, go on amazon and read the reviews for 'They Dared To Dream'

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Peggles_*
One rule for us, one rule for everyone else! :rolleyes:

If you want a good laugh, go on amazon and read the reviews for 'They Dared To Dream'

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just thinking can you imagine the backlash if we wrote a book on how we nearly won the league. Journalists would not leave us alone. But I don't think we'd sink that low.
Original post by pane123
I brought him into the discussion because his stats are what you want from a player like that. Comparing him to Khedira suggests that Khedira isn't the best you can get in that position and, for me, is too expensive to experiment with. Why trust Wenger to convert him when there are ready made alternatives, albeit not many? Where are you getting these stats on aerial duels? Anything I've seen suggests that Khedira is slightly worse than Arteta if anything.

Wenger has a track record of converting players to fit into whatever system he uses. Aerial duels from Squawka, converted into percentages.

I would like to reiterate that I would take Schneiderlin over Khedira in a heartbeat :rolleyes:.
There are reports saying milan woul sell for 14.5 mill for balotelli, which I don't think it's too bad of a deal, depending on his wage demands.
Reply 1028
Original post by jam278
Balos girl is datpiff tho

she's somethin else :coma:
Debuchy is official.
Reply 1030
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Debuchy is official.

Just got interviewed by an Arab TV station(not Al-Jazeera, was Al-M___) coming out of the Armoury. Guy was asking me about Sanchez, my expectations for the season and transfer targets. Guy said they might use me for their PL preview but doubt I'll ever see it....

Guy before me was absolutely jokes though. Guy was 100% Finsbury Park ''raaaahhh, you seen dis man fam[Alexis Sanchez]? My man was on this ting at the WC, tearing up Brazil like it was nufing and dat. Gonna do a madness this season trust'' :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95

Any number apart from 18 is fine. shirt number 18 for french defenders at arsenal is cursed (see squillaci and cygan for confirmation)
Original post by Zürich
Just got interviewed by an Arab TV station(not Al-Jazeera, was Al-M___) coming out of the Armoury. Guy was asking me about Sanchez, my expectations for the season and transfer targets. Guy said they might use me for their PL preview but doubt I'll ever see it....

Guy before me was absolutely jokes though. Guy was 100% Finsbury Park ''raaaahhh, you seen dis man fam[Alexis Sanchez]? My man was on this ting at the WC, tearing up Brazil like it was nufing and dat. Gonna do a madness this season trust'' :biggrin:

more like general ghetto london.
if united get vidal, i'm gonna be so pissed off.
signed debuchy!! :smile: happy with that signing...?
Original post by Basiji
if united get vidal, i'm gonna be so pissed off.

Why? He's not an Arsenal player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deborarosa
signed debuchy!! :smile: happy with that signing...?

Yep. He comes with PL experience and one if our realistic RB targets. Either him, Aurier or Uchida it seemed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
Yep. He comes with PL experience and one if our realistic RB targets. Either him, Aurier or Uchida it seemed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL Aurier is probably heartbroken
Original post by Prinz655
Any number apart from 18 is fine. shirt number 18 for french defenders at arsenal is cursed (see squillaci and cygan for confirmation)

You're forgetting Silvestre.

Latest