The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Looks like Ramsey has been on perma-bulk since the end of last season.
Reply 1141
Original post by Alex Doran
Arsenal fans, I am putting together my fantasy league team and was wondering what position Sanchez will play. Will he play up top as a lone striker replacing Giroud of will be play on the right alongside Ozil and a left winger?

Think Wenger said him being on the flanks so most likely right wing
Original post by Zürich
With Martinez we could win the title tbh. Imagine Martinez, Ramsey and Ozil with Sanchez in there as well, you're talking absolute top drawer here. I can actually see Guardiola letting him go since he seems to have a vendetta against using him properly, but other teams would be in as well. No real speculation either so it's all just wishful thinking. Maybe AW has been in for Vidal all along, him and Sanchez as our Chileans :moon:

Di Maria would just make things silly. Cazorla could **** off though is that one materialised !

Definitely, best midfield in the league.

Cazorla rather than Podolski?
Original post by AR_95

I think left wing most likely. Walcott is our right winger. But maybe while he's out, Sanchez will play right and Cazorla left.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C.Almasy

Looks like Ramsey has been on perma-bulk since the end of last season.

I don't know if it's just me, but Ramsey seems like he is fired up for this season. Proper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Think our CB luck was more than countered by the annihilation in midfield tbf mate! :laugh: But fair point, we could definitely use another CB given that Sagna was also an option there while Debuchy aint.

Koscielny and Mertesacker arent going to be broken up though so I cant see us signing a superstar CB even if Vermaelen leaves. Not that there are many top CBs for sale in a market where David Luiz is £50m! Probably sign some young CB from Ligue 1 as a longer term project.

If I had to bet then I'd be looking at either a big DM like Javi Martinez, or another winger like Di Maria if the twitter itks are to believed that another worldie is on the cards.

meh, Szczesny never gets any respect even though he is perfectly solid and improves every year.
He's cocky and since he's an Arsenal player too, people will just keep saying he's not good enough even though he keeps doing the biz. :rolleyes:

Bergkamp wasnt that similar to Ozil tbh. Bergkamp was definitely more of a 2nd striker than a 10 and was capable of playing as a target man as well whereas Ozil is more of an all round playmaker. Probably if DB was on the market now as a 25 year old, he'd be going for £75m odd.

Sanchez is also nothing like Pires really. Sanchez is more like Ljungberg.

I was always convinced Bergkamp was more a CAM really (that also scores the occasional goal, which Ozil does not do). The play generally went as such: Defence/Vieira wins ball, passes to Bergkamp, Bergkamp through ball cuts the opposition defence up and Henry scores. Ad infinitum.
Reply 1146
Original post by qwerty_mad
I think left wing most likely. Walcott is our right winger. But maybe while he's out, Sanchez will play right and Cazorla left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd prefer AOC over Cazorla tbh
Next year we need to stop playing Cazorla and Özil together in the big games. We can afford it against the smaller teams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95

He'll start right wing, since Walcott probably isn't fit enough to play yet but he'll switch to the left as the season goes on.

Seen Walcott play on the left once or twice last season, e.g. against City at the Etihad and he did well there.
Golden shirt, golden team.

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
You're from Birmingham? (Edgbaston) Never knew. Went there for University of Birmingham open day, longest road trip ever.

Anyways ok thanks, should have bought tickets.

I'm not. I'm from London, Camden to be exact...just over a mile away from The Emirates.

I'm currently in Edgbaston though, uni accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I'd prefer AOC over Cazorla tbh

Me too. I'm a massive advocate of pace out wide but I see Wenger starting with Santi come the 16th Aug.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Szczesny
Gibbs Koscielny Mertesacker Dubucy
Bender Ramsey
Sanchez Ozil Walcott
Giroud

would be epic
Reply 1153
Original post by aWildPidgey
Szczesny
Gibbs Koscielny Mertesacker Dubucy
Bender Ramsey
Sanchez Ozil Walcott
Giroud

would be epic

You got gibbs n Debuchy the wrong way around
Original post by AR_95
You got gibbs n Debuchy the wrong way around

Gibbs left back, Debuchy right back?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
You're from Birmingham? (Edgbaston) Never knew. Went there for University of Birmingham open day, longest road trip ever.

Anyways ok thanks, should have bought tickets.

I'm from Birmingham *waves hands*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Peggles_*
I'm not. I'm from London, Camden to be exact...just over a mile away from The Emirates.

I'm currently in Edgbaston though, uni accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Swear you go to Birmingham Uni?
Gibbs isn't good enough would like to see him replaced
Original post by aWildPidgey
Gibbs left back, Debuchy right back?

:facepalm2:

They are the wrong way round - in yours Gibbs is RB, Debuchy LB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Endless Blue
:facepalm2:

They are the wrong way round - in yours Gibbs is RB, Debuchy LB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

who cares :rolleyes:
Reply 1159
Original post by baconbutty
Gibbs isn't good enough would like to see him replaced

lol

Latest