The Student Room Group

Is it strange I don't like clubbing?

I don't mean to sound like Darwin on his theory of clubbing but I really don't enjoy it.

I have very extroverted group of friends who go out most weekends and always ask me to go out with them. And it's quite annoying because I feel like the novelty's sort of worn off in a pretty abrupt manner.

- I don't really like dancing, or attempting to dance :colondollar:

A. Than just get wrecked?

Well I do. And I still don't like dancing.

I also have a girlfriend so going out for that basis is off the table :wink:

I'm just worried because I'm going to start University pretty soon and I feel like I should be more energetic, but meh- is this the general norm?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Moved to Chat :smile:
Reply 2
I hate clubbing too, I see it as a waste of time and money. even if i went for girls, 99% of the time they're complete wrecks. seeing as I'm going uni in september, I need to be considerate financially and would rather put my money elsewhere. not to say i will never go, but it seems people leave clubs as if they've had the time of their lives when that seems stupid. how can they say they had a great night when they don't even remember it?
Nope.
I don't like clubbing either. Too inhumane.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
No.
You pay money to filled with drunk rowdy "people" - more like crazy animals- in a dark room with the same awful music everywhere.

Awful, and we call ourselves "civilized".
Reply 6
Original post by shadowdweller
Moved to Chat :smile:

You didn't answer the question.

I see what you did there. :colone:
-Girls with bi-polar standards
-A club should never be filled with sweaty people
-Queuing
-overpriced drinks
Why do people on here feel like not clubbing or drinking is anything special?
It seems that 75% of TSR despises clubbing. I am in the minority. I love it. :frown:
Reply 10
I love it as well, my first time, I wasn't much drunk but people started asking me what kind of drugs I took to which I replied "just life", many girls started approaching me, I started whispering creepy things into their ears just out of amusement. At the end, before leaving, I was staring at a girl for couple minutes then I went up to her, took her hand, kissed it, and slowly leaned towards her ear telling her "you're beautiful" then I left. She will always remember this.
I don't really like it either. The only reason guys go is to get drunk and hope that somehow they'll go home with someone.
I don't think there's anything strange about not liking clubbing. I enjoy it but at the same time can see why some people wouldn't.
Clubbing is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it is fun, sometimes it isn't. Personally I prefer pubs and bars. I just find dancing to music I don't like to be very awkward. There is nothing strange about not liking it, a lot of people on here will agree with you.
No, you're not alone.

The SU bars are awful, serving overpriced drinks and playing god-awful student anthems.

"Hey, we're going to play the soundtrack to university!" :grumble:
Reply 15
Original post by Blue_Mason
-Girls with bi-polar standards
-A club should never be filled with sweaty people
-Queuing
-overpriced drinks

This is pretty much it. Especially the first one. It's funny because you could be alright looking and hit on a girl during the day and you'd have a good shot at it. But at a club this is the complete opposite lol!
Reply 16
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
Why do people on here feel like not clubbing or drinking is anything special?

Because we're not girls.
Reply 17
Original post by hihoho
I love it as well, my first time, I wasn't much drunk but people started asking me what kind of drugs I took to which I replied "just life", many girls started approaching me, I started whispering creepy things into their ears just out of amusement. At the end, before leaving, I was staring at a girl for couple minutes then I went up to her, took her hand, kissed it, and slowly leaned towards her ear telling her "you're beautiful" then I left. She will always remember this.

In all fairness a lot of girls can say they've experienced weird moments such as that in a club. You underestimate the power of a female after you've taken 5 jDs
Reply 18
Original post by Acidy
In all fairness a lot of girls can say they've experienced weird moments such as that in a club. You underestimate the power of a female after you've taken 5 jDs

The weirder, the more memorable, the better. That's my motto in life.
Reply 19
Original post by hihoho
The weirder, the more memorable, the better. That's my motto in life.

True. But did you bang though?

Quick Reply

Latest