The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The match is being shown live on Arsenal Player. 3pm kick off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1181
Original post by Peggles_*
The match is being shown live on Arsenal Player. 3pm kick off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet
Reply 1182
Think sanchez and Diaby will get a run around?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95

Isn't Sanchez still on holiday?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

personally i'd give Diaby another month in the gym to build up as much strength as possible, has a habit of breaking down in his first few games back. Also he's not the kind of player who needs a run of games to find his form, he just bangs as soon as he starts playing so no point risking him yet imo.

Always hopeful with Diaby tbh, would be unbelievable for him to stay fit this season. Think he'd complete our midfield.

Original post by SarcasticMel
Djourou was on loan with a clause that if he plays a certain number of games last season HSV had to buy him.

€4m I think we got.

No way would HSV have signed him but for that clause, and they had no choice but to activate it last season because of their relegation fight.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
personally i'd give Diaby another month in the gym to build up as much strength as possible, has a habit of breaking down in his first few games back. Also he's not the kind of player who needs a run of games to find his form, he just bangs as soon as he starts playing so no point risking him yet imo.

Always hopeful with Diaby tbh, would be unbelievable for him to stay fit this season. Think he'd complete our midfield.

€4m I think we got.

No way would HSV have signed him but for that clause, and they had no choice but to activate it last season because of their relegation fight.

They could easily have played someone else though. Like Tah, he played every game was the best CB and then suddenly they said "ah do your school now".
Original post by SarcasticMel
They could easily have played someone else though. Like Tah, he played every game was the best CB and then suddenly they said "ah do your school now".

:laugh:

Tah gets a lot of praise so he's one to look out for, he'll hopefully start for them this season. Watched a few HSV games towards the end of the season and Djourou was absolutely dreadful, but actually no worse than the rest of their team! But they could have found a better CB for €4m no doubt
Reply 1187
Original post by Zürich

Better he broke down today and not 2 months into the season. If he did get injured the best thing to do would be release him because he simply does not play enough games for us. Still though I'd love for him to be fit most of the season and do look forward to seeing him in our midfield
Goal.Com (I know not reliable, but oh well) are reporting Man City are willing to flog off Nastasic for £15M. If Man City want to sell Nastasic we should be all over that. I would pack Vermaelen's luggages for him. Nastasic is way better than Vermaelen, especially at £15M that would be a steal.
(edited 9 years ago)
Podolski off to Sevilla?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1190
So, Liverpool have sealed Remy.. Well pretty much

I got a feeling Arsene will sign a CDM now, maybe another GK - and then he'll go silent. Then at 10.59 on deadline day, he'll bust another ozil like signing but as a striker
Original post by SHOO
So, Liverpool have sealed Remy.. Well pretty much

I got a feeling Arsene will sign a CDM now, maybe another GK - and then he'll go silent. Then at 10.59 on deadline day, he'll bust another ozil like signing but as a striker

I wouldn't have minded having him as a supplementary ST, someone we could rotate Giroud with, but not to be leading the line on a weekly basis like I think he will do at Liverpool. Replacing Suarez with Remy is like replacing RVP with Giroud!!

The Ospina talk has gotten quiet. By all accounts it was done but now there is talk of 3 other teams being interested in him.

Geoff Arsenal said yesterday that we are after 2 big signings, DM & ST? Saying that, I don't believe most of the **** GA says.

I know Gibbs' agent said something along those lines as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't have minded having him as a supplementary ST, someone we could rotate Giroud with, but not to be leading the line on a weekly basis like I think he will do at Liverpool. Replacing Suarez with Remy is like replacing RVP with Giroud!!

The Ospina talk has gotten quiet. By all accounts it was done but now there is talk of 3 other teams being interested in him.

Geoff Arsenal said yesterday that we are after 2 big signings, DM & ST? Saying that, I don't believe most of the **** GA says.

I know Gibbs' agent said something along those lines as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remy wont be leading the line lol.

Our second striker is as good as your first choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We might not even be playing Remy
Not if we have a single striker set up with wingers - sterling/Markovic/Sturridge would easily start ahead of him.

Do you seriously think that we have signed Remy as a direct Suarez replacement?
I don't think even our transfer commuter are that dumb...

To be honest, you guys could've done with Remy
If you don't spend 30m+ on a quality striker now, I would be disappointed as an arsenal fan.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Endless Blue
Remy wont be leading the line lol.

Our second striker is as good as your first choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll see! :rolleyes: I guess that'll be Lambert right?! :lol:

And no, he's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And no, he's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lambert and Remy are both comparable to giroud in quality

Sturridge is ridiculously better.
Original post by Endless Blue
Podolski off to Sevilla?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doubt it. Spanish football wouldnt suit Poldi at all, the guy needs to play in either the Bundesliga or Serie A for me. I see him at Lazio or someone like that if he does leave but I suspect he enjoys it too much at Arsenal to leave even as a squad player. Maybe he'll go back to Koln next year.

Original post by Luke_Mckeown
lambert and Remy are both comparable to giroud in quality

Sturridge is ridiculously better.

Giroud at the top of his game, i.e. first half of 2013/14 or at times at the WC is actually a very good striker. Arsenal's strength is obviously the midfield/AMs and so when his link up is on point he compensates for his deficiencies. Wouldnt fancy Rickie Lambert to do the same.

In all honesty, I think Theo Walcott is actually capable of doing what Sturridge does as a striker.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1197
[video="youtube;MAeCjE4pPCw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAeCjE4pPCw[/video]

And no, he's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think it might just be Sturridge. You are clueless tbh buddy, stick to what you know.

His goal:game ratio in an average Newcastle side last season compared to Giroud's Arsenal record says otherwise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
We might not even be playing Remy
Not if we have a single striker set up with wingers - sterling/Markovic/Sturridge would easily start ahead of him.

Do you seriously think that we have signed Remy as a direct Suarez replacement?
I don't think even our transfer commuter are that dumb...

To be honest, you guys could've done with Remy
If you don't spend 30m+ on a quality striker now, I would be disappointed as an arsenal fan.

You will be playing Remy, I highly doubt he wants to be sitting the the bench for you lot. He's BPL experienced and has a decent return. There is no guarantee Markovic will hit the ground running. Expect a bedding in period in which Remy will take his place.

No but the point is, it looks that way. We never wanted Giroud to be a direct replacement for RVP, but he was dead-set on going so Grioud ultimately became his replacement. If you somehow sign Benzema or Reus or all these other players you have deluded yourself into getting then it won't look as bad, but if you don't, as fair as everyone other than you lot will be concerned, Remy would have been Bitey's replacement.

Remy has been knocking about for what about 5 years? He's at least been on English clubs radar for that long I'd say, starting with Spurs when twitchy was there. If we wanted him, we would have him. With all of this talk from GeoffArsenal and Gibbs' agent I think we are after a striker and given the circumstances, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Cavani. Especially considering Arsene has a good working relationship with those at PSG.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest