The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I find it funny when I was saying that Cesc ain't loyal and is a **** like the rest of them nobody believed me.

Looks like I'm right once again. Guess when I have differing opinions to you fans I'm probably right. Makes me nervous when you're agreeing with what I'm saying.
Original post by jam278
I find it funny when I was saying that Cesc ain't loyal and is a **** like the rest of them nobody believed me.

Looks like I'm right once again. Guess when I have differing opinions to you fans I'm probably right. Makes me nervous when you're agreeing with what I'm saying.

very few players are loyal in football though.

i don't blame them, they just want the best for their career - they want to get the best honours they can and moving upwards to a bigger club is the best way.
look at gerrard - if he had moved to chelsea back in the day he would probably have a few premier league trophies.
obviously he has the CL which is the best honour for a club footballer, but a domestic league title is the only significant trophy he has failed to win.

one thing i don't like though is players moving to a direct rival (i.e: RVP to united)
Original post by Malevolent
Well Aaron Ramsey better than Jack at football and better looking. Poor Jack :lol:

Jack has fallen out of favour and rightfully so. I love him think he has the potential to become World Class, but he needs to get his act together immediately. When he first jumped on around 2010/11 a lot of Arsenal fans and England fans were excited about the prospect of him. Some people don't believe he'll turn out to be the player we all hoped but I have faith he'll come through.!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aaron is such a handsome lad.
Original post by Kruz
Jack has fallen out of favour and rightfully so. I love him think he has the potential to become World Class, but he needs to get his act together immediately. When he first jumped on around 2010/11 a lot of Arsenal fans and England fans were excited about the prospect of him. Some people don't believe he'll turn out to be the player we all hoped but I have faith he'll come through.!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What happened to him? When I first saw him I thought he was already good and could become world class. Now he appears to have drifted away.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
very few players are loyal in football though.

i don't blame them, they just want the best for their career - they want to get the best honours they can and moving upwards to a bigger club is the best way.
look at gerrard - if he had moved to chelsea back in the day he would probably have a few premier league trophies.
obviously he has the CL which is the best honour for a club footballer, but a domestic league title is the only significant trophy he has failed to win.

one thing i don't like though is players moving to a direct rival (i.e: RVP to united)

Mario Götze.

Also ruined his career pretty much. He was a lot better at Dortmund.
Ospina to Arsenal very close.
If I was a footballer only team I wouldn't move to is Liverpool, and probably City. Meh, in fact if City threw bucketloads of money at my feet I'd say **** United and move. I'd be about that dolla and anyone who says otherwise is either lying or extremely naive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich
Bitter that Wenger flat rejected Cesc in 20 seconds because we have better players in his position?

Annoying seeing him at Chelsea though granted, but not because AFC are losing out on anything.

He'd walk in to our team don't tell me you think ozil is better
Original post by baconbutty
He'd walk in to our team don't tell me you think ozil is better

If Ozil plays at his best then he's better. Quicker, better final ball, better dribbler. Cesc the better goal-scorer and is involved more though.

Aaron Ramsey is definitely better to Cesc though
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
If Ozil plays at his best then he's better. Quicker, better final ball, better dribbler. Cesc the better goal-scorer and is involved more though.

Woah woah Zurich. Ramsey is a wonderful player in his own right, but better than Fabregas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zürich

Ozil better final ball than Cesc ha good one. Cesc probably has the best final ball in world football and had twice as many successful through balls than any other player on the planet last season in what was considered a poor season by most.

He's a better
Passer
Works harder defensively
Goal scorer
retains possession better
Controls a game

He was also a big game player and a leader who upped his game when the going got tough the polar opposite to ozil

Aaron Ramsey Isn't better.
Original post by Kruz
Woah woah Zurich. Ramsey is a wonderful player in his own right, but better than Fabregas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, we'll have to see if Ramsey can maintain last season's level but if he does then Ramsey is actually the best midfielder in the league after Toure.

Ramsey has no weaknesses at all in fact. He will probably play for Real/Barca if he continues like this (unfortunately)

Ozil better final ball than Cesc ha good one. Cesc probably has the best final ball in world football and had twice as many successful through balls than any other player on the planet last season in what was considered a poor season by most.

He's a better
Passer
Works harder defensively
Goal scorer
Controls a game

He was also a big game player and a leader who upped his game when the going got tough the polar opposite to ozil

Well it's all a game of opinions really mate. What I do know is that if Ozil played for Chelsea and Cesc for us that you'd be saying the exact opposite wouldnt you?

Will give you that Cesc is more of a big game player and has more influence on the game generally, but there is absolutely no doubt that Ozil's final ball is superior tbh. Cant see how you can say Ozil isnt the better passer when his stats conclusively prove that he is. Some of the balls that Ozil finds are out of Cesc's league.

Aaron Ramsey on last season's form was better than Cesc ever was in the PL. Fact.
(edited 9 years ago)

He's a better
Passer
Works harder defensively
Goal scorer
Controls a game

Cesc does not work harder defensively. Did you even watch him at Arsenal? The team was built around him, he could go wherever the **** he wanted and other players had to cover the space he left behind.

Ramsey on the other hand was the best tackler in our team last season. Unbelievable work-rate. If Ramsey develops at the rate he is, he will probably surpass Cesc as the more complete midfielder.

Chelsea don't exactly play free-flowing football and Mourinho will not build his team around Cesc, so its hard to see him replicate the form he had for Arsenal.
Original post by little_tom
Cesc does not work harder defensively. Did you even watch him at Arsenal? The team was built around him, he could go wherever the **** he wanted and other players had to cover the space he left behind.

Ramsey on the other hand was the best tackler in our team last season. Unbelievable work-rate. If Ramsey develops at the rate he is, he will probably surpass Cesc as the more complete midfielder.

Chelsea don't exactly play free-flowing football and Mourinho will not build his team around Cesc, so its hard to see him replicate the form he had for Arsenal.

Ramsey obviously works harder than him but Cesc clearly worked harder defensively than ozil. It's rare you find someone as poor as ozil defensively he's a ****ing shambles he will regularly ignore his runner and just let them go past him.

Ramsey will never reach cescs level at his peak
Cescs defensive statistics were also more than good for the position he played at arsenal and far better than ozil lol@him not being better defensively
Cescs defensive statistics were also more than good for the position he played at arsenal and far better than ozil lol@him not being better defensively

The tinted glasses come on as soon as he joined Chelsea. Notice how the same people raved about him when he was captain at the Emirates :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SarcasticMel
Mario Götze.

Also ruined his career pretty much. He was a lot better at Dortmund.

Spoiler

Lol there's a reason Barca fans are happy to see Cesc leave and hate the fact Sanchez left. You man really think Cesc is the same player from when he left us, you're deluded. I don't get this ****ing emotional attachment some of you have over him, so annoying. He was no Thierry Henry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest