The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prandtl
I thought about Sterling but he just seemed like too much at 8.5. Might suffer rotation with the influx of mids and europe nights? And he probably won't be on any set pieces either.

I feel he's pretty reliable and while he will probably get rotated a fair amount I've got Wanyama as my midfield sub so hopefully he's a guaranteed starter at Soton and will pick up some consolation points if Sterling isn't in the 11.

While the transfers are still unlimited before the season it's pretty likely I'll end up making changes anyway. Spent a crap load of points on extra transfers last season and ended up coming second in my house by 3 points, damnit.
Original post by Prandtl
I thought about Sterling but he just seemed like too much at 8.5. Might suffer rotation with the influx of mids and europe nights? And he probably won't be on any set pieces either.

Begovic/DDG/Lloris for Mingolet and Arnautovic/Sigurdsson for Nolan would be my choices.
And maybe there's a query over Zabaleta being eased back in due to how deep he went into the WC? I guess preseason will tell more.

Maybe right about Zabaleta but who else is there to play Right Back? I'm guessing he'll play every game. Espeically at Newcastle & we never score against Man City so its an early clean sheet.

Nolan isn't concrete but i'll see. If Carroll is going to be fit he scores some amount of goals off him. I fancy Liverpool getting more clean sheets than Spurs and Man Utd tbh.
Original post by Vintage
Maybe right about Zabaleta but who else is there to play Right Back? I'm guessing he'll play every game

Sagna...
Original post by Amphiprion
I feel he's pretty reliable and while he will probably get rotated a fair amount I've got Wanyama as my midfield sub so hopefully he's a guaranteed starter at Soton and will pick up some consolation points if Sterling isn't in the 11.

While the transfers are still unlimited before the season it's pretty likely I'll end up making changes anyway. Spent a crap load of points on extra transfers last season and ended up coming second in my house by 3 points, damnit.

He is reliable tbf. Probably second/third highest points scorer for Liverpool this season after Sturridge/Gerrard. Just seems a bit pricey for me.

My team will definitely be different come start of the season too. Seems so pointless with the start being so far out but it's too addictive :tongue:
Original post by Alex Doran
I'm not really considering Sanchez because there are so many good midfield options for 9m it seems like a waste getting him. I never like having more than 1 player who is just there to sit on the bench because I think long term, rotation works best so I will not have 2 crap players just to get Sanchez when I could have 1 decent(ish) player and get Ramsey, Fabregas or Mata instead.

I reckon he'll play up front when Ozil, Cazorla & Walcott are all fit, especially if Giroud flatters to deceive again.

Original post by Vintage
What are your opinions on my team (so far.) subject to change everyday until the season begins:.

Far too much money spent in defence. Downgrade at least 2 of your defenders and upgrade midfielders.
Original post by sr90

Far too much money spent in defence. Downgrade at least 2 of your defenders and upgrade midfielders.

I won my leagues with mates through my defenders last season. Many more points available in them.
First glimpse at Diego Costa/Felipe Luis/Fabregas/Azpi's new position in 30 minutes...
Literally already got the itch and dumped Sterling, soz Raheem, pal.

Will probably replace either Hazard or Fabregas soon also once I've got more time to go over the midfield options. Don't like having 2 players from the same team in any part of the field (midfield), if Chelski have a **** game that's 2 players bummed out on crappy points. Their first game is against Burnley though...

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Yawn-er
First glimpse at Diego Costa/Felipe Luis/Fabregas/Azpi's new position in 30 minutes...

No World Cup players in their starting XI.
Original post by Amphiprion
Literally already got the itch and dumped Sterling, soz Raheem, pal.

Will probably replace either Hazard or Fabregas soon also once I've got more time to go over the midfield options. Don't like having 2 players from the same team in any part of the field (midfield), if Chelski have a **** game that's 2 players bummed out on crappy points. Their first game is against Burnley though...

Very Nice Team tbh.
Original post by Vintage
I won my leagues with mates through my defenders last season. Many more points available in them.

I'll be amazed if the clean sheet fest from the start of last season is repeated. There's plenty of value in the 4.5/5.0 bracket, downgrading even one allows you to upgrade Henderson (who won't get you many points) or Ince (who isn't nailed on).
Original post by sr90
I'll be amazed if the clean sheet fest from the start of last season is repeated. There's plenty of value in the 4.5/5.0 bracket, downgrading even one allows you to upgrade Henderson (who won't get you many points) or Ince (who isn't nailed on).

It was Henderson & Gerrard in Midfield behind the rest last season and Henderson was banging goals in. Still time to change though atm.

I may downgrade my defenders, Just seeing who comes in yet.
Which United defender is likely to be a starter out of Jones, Smalling, Rafael and Evans?

I have Jones in my squad for now since out of those defenders he got the most points last season.
(edited 9 years ago)
I changed my team again and at the moment I'm happy with it.

Courtois
Jones/Kompany/Lovren/Wisdom/Filipe Luis
Silva/Ramsey/Fabregas/Mata
Sturridge

subs are Myhill, Naismith, Weimann and Tiote
Original post by little_wizard123
What's your view on your starting centre backs? I've been told that Stones is likely to be first choice. Is there any truth in this? I quite like the kid.

Its a tricky one to be honest , I would imagine Jagielka is nailed on in one of the positions but Roberto interchanged between Stones and Distin quite a bit last season dependibg on the game so I think hes maybe not a consistent points scorer you need for fantasy football , we have decent defensive central mids like Barry and Mccarthy as well and I think hes moved them back in the past as well - personally I wouldnt gamble on Stones when there are nore than enough guarenteed starters out there :tongue:
Team name: Courtois United

Guess who's my first choice keeper....:colone:

Joined H2H and regular league.
(edited 9 years ago)
Joined.

Team Name: Porchey FC
H2H with the most teams in is 13 (out of a max 20). Don't forget to enter one of them!
Original post by little_wizard123
H2H with the most teams in is 13 (out of a max 20). Don't forget to enter one of them!

do you mind posting your draft xi here pls thx
Original post by The.Joker
Which United defender is likely to be a starter out of Jones, Smalling, Rafael and Evans?

I have Jones in my squad for now since out of those defenders he got the most points last season.

Rafael will probably start the season first choice, as he does every year, but will miss loads of football because of injury, as he does every year.

Centre backs...I'd say Evans-Jones-Smalling, in that order.

Difficult to predict though with a new manager, and there should be a CB signing from somewhere which may complicate things. Tbh I think there's more value in De Gea at 5.5m than any of the defenders.

Quick Reply

Latest