The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by All falls dowwn
Well, AFC won't have made progress because of Arsene

Oh my lord.

What the heck are you even saying?

What manager can keep a club competing in every competition, whilst seeing his best players leave, whilst getting **** from the fans and getting absolute no financial support from the board??

Also, don't even act like Wenger had funds because he didn't. Now that the stadium has been paid off, within the space of 10 months, he's spent around £100m, bringing in arguably the best number 10 in Europe (at the time) & now bring in Sanchez.

It's delusional for people think that Arsenal wernt limited because of our funds.

We still, to this day play the best football in the league - and it's all coz of Arsene. He completely revolutionised our style & even though he makes tactical mistakes at time, he is not to blame for the lack of trophies.
Original post by AnharM
Are you having a laugh? Until Arsenal win the Champions League or Premier League, Ramsey won't get recognised. He may well be worth £40m to English clubs, but not to teams like Bayern and Barca/Real. He's worth £30m to me, he's injury prone as well.

EDIT: He basically needs to carry his form early last season, throughout the whole season to get recognised by the big clubs.

He was one of the best midfielders going forward and defensively. These type of players don't grow on trees, which is why a player like Vidal is going at a similar price. Ramsey is younger, and if he can stay injury-free with last season's form you would expect teams like Madird and Barcelona to start paying attention.

At the moment its a pointless discussion, because he's not going anywhere. Since he's becomes the most important player in the team, Wenger will refuse to sell. See Vieira and Henry, when both were at their respective peaks, told Madrid to kindly **** off. Financially, we are at the position where we don't need to sell. Its up to Ramsey. Once Wenger becomes manager of the French NT in 2017 I would expect him to be tempted if such offers were on the table.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SHOO
Oh my lord.

What manager can keep a club competing in every competition, whilst seeing his best players leave, whilst getting **** from the fans and getting absolute no financial support from the board??

Also, don't even act like Wenger had funds because he didn't. Now that the stadium has been paid off, within the space of 10 months, he's spent around £100m, bringing in arguably the best number 10 in Europe (at the time) & now bring in Sanchez.

It's delusional for people think that Arsenal wernt limited because of our funds.

We still, to this day play the best football in the league - and it's all coz of Arsene. He completely revolutionised our style & even though he makes tactical mistakes at time, he is not to blame for the lack of trophies.

:facepalm2:

You're naive. Wenger is to blame for Arsenal's failings, why? Why is it when Arsenal face a top side in the league, the lose the majority of the time? And not even lose, they get outplayed and out muscled. Arsenal can play pretty football against the smaller clubs, it's all great, but what happens when the likes of City and Chelsea show up? It's Wenger's fault for not changing his tactics and his preparation specifically for the big games. Every top managers do this. They make sure the players understand how important the games are, they run through the roles time and time again. And if you don't realise that, you are extremely delusional.
Here's that complex coming out again.

Tom and Zurich drag up Liverpool whenever possible loool

They like to do that don't they?
Original post by little_tom
If he becomes the most important player in the team, Wenger will refuse to sell.

Already is that isn't he? Him or Walcott anyway
Original post by jam278
They like to do that don't they?

They ****ing love it, Ar5ena1 fans got hit far too hard this 6eas0n with those big 6ef3ats.

lel
Original post by SHOO
Oh my lord.

We play **** football really we haven't played decent football consistently since Cesc
left 09/10 was the last time we were decent to watch

City have played the best football over the last few years and Liverpool more recently
Reply 1507
Original post by AnharM
:facepalm2:

You're naive. Wenger is to blame for Arsenal's failings, why? Why is it when Arsenal face a top side in the league, the lose the majority of the time? And not even lose, they get outplayed and out muscled. Arsenal can play pretty football against the smaller clubs, it's all great, but what happens when the likes of City and Chelsea show up? It's Wenger's fault for not changing his tactics and his preparation specifically for the big games. Every top managers do this. They make sure the players understand how important the games are, they run through the roles time and time again. And if you don't realise that, you are extremely delusional.

No. We do still play the best football.

We got banged by the top three away from home that's it. Three games. Don't go on like every single time we met in the past years we got killed? No that's not true. Read my comment, I said that I know Wenger makes tactical errors because I knew someone was gna pick out those three games and act like Arsene ****s it up for Arsenal.

Why don't you talk about the Napoli at home, Dourtmond & Bayern away? That's another three "big games" & those teams, maybe not so much Napoli, they're better than the top three in England. Why not mention that eh?

Wenger is a top manager and trust me, he'll prove it to all you delusional lunatics
Already is that isn't he? Him or Walcott anyway

He is, which is why Wenger wouldn't let him go.
Reply 1509
Original post by baconbutty
We play **** football really we haven't played decent football consistently since Cesc
left 09/10 was the last time we were decent to watch

City have played the best football over the last few years and Liverpool more recently

Liverpool don't play good football for ****.

The reason why Liverpool games were fun to watch was because their defence is so ****. They leak in goals like it's nothing & the only thing that saved them from now finishing near united was their attack - which is what pretty much made up for their **** defence

It's not Liverpool who were exciting, it's the teams that they opposed who made the games exciting
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SHOO

We got banged by the top three away from home that's it. Three games. Don't go on like every single time we met in the past years we got killed? No that's not true. Read my comment, I said that I know Wenger makes tactical errors because I knew someone was gna pick out those three games and act like Arsene ****s it up for Arsenal.

Why don't you talk about the Napoli at home, Dourtmond & Bayern away? That's another three "big games" & those teams, maybe not so much Napoli, they're better than the top three in England. Why not mention that eh?

Wenger is a top manager and trust me, he'll prove it to all you delusional lunatics

You got banged by Everton and Lukaku too btw.

And lol, Liverpool and City's football last year was better than yours.
Reply 1511
You got banged by Everton and Lukaku too btw.

And lol, Liverpool and City's football last year was better than yours.

One game? We banged them back in the FA cup.

See my comment above regarding liverpools "better football"
We play awful football Tbh we have the odd decent game tho

10/11 11/12 and 12/13 were an all time low for the arsenal brand of football
Here's that complex coming out again.

Tom and Zurich drag up Liverpool whenever possible loool

Madrid can get any player in the world if they want to, whether the player is from Arsenal, Liverpool or United. I don't think your jibber-jabber made much sense tbh.

Ramsey will stay at Arsenal as long as Wenger is here, same couldn't be said with Suarez and Rodgers init?
Original post by SHOO

Maybe because all these teams you've listed have all beaten you as well? Maybe because Bayern beat you at home and became complacent? The fact that Napoli beat you away, and Dortmund also beat you at home? You can look at specific games all you want, but Arsenal finished second in their tough group. You can say Arsenal beat Dortmund, blah blah, but when the ultimate game (Napoli away) came, Arsenal failed. Arsene Wenger failed. Arsenal could have topped their group, they didn't.

As for the big domestic games, don't come out and say Arsenal haven't been brushed aside countless of times over the last 5-6 years or so. Seriously, the amount of times Chelsea have beaten you, Utd smashed 8 past you, City as well, taking into consideration FA Cup games as well as Carling Cup games. The same thing will happen again this season, and you'll still back Wenger :rolleyes: It's his tactics against the big teams, the more you ignore that, the more you'll see Arsenal fall behind.
Original post by SHOO

The reason why Liverpool games were fun to watch was because their defence is so ****. They leak in goals like it's nothing & the only thing that saved them from now finishing near united was their attack - which is what pretty much made up for their **** defence

It's not Liverpool who were exciting, it's the teams that they opposed who made the games exciting

Lol this is a new low of posting, even for you Shoo (not to sound bitchy but honestly you sound like a 15 year old, first time on any forum, haven't got a clue about football yet) etc.
Original post by SHOO

Looool.

Liverpool play better football than Arsenal. TO suggest otherwise is bitter.
Anyway who wants a game of FIFA? I got PS4
Original post by SHOO
Oh my lord.

Lol you ain't competed for **** until last season and that carling cup final in 2011.

Will finish rubbishing the rest of this post in a sec. Just going to play a game of FIFA.

You're having a crumble.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1518
Original post by jam278
Looool.

Liverpool play better football than Arsenal. TO suggest otherwise is bitter.

No Jam, think about it. First few months of the season, Liverpool were winning the 1-0s - which were boring to watch. Then came Suarez, and liverpools attack drastically improved. Suarez's presence gave the likes of Sturridge & Sterling a lot more room - which is why I think they had such good season too.

Last season speaks for itself for Liverpool.

Liverpools 6 months or so of good attacking football doesn't mean they play better football than Arsenal do.

Defensively, they were ****, which is why games such as palace vs Liverpool were so good to watch
Reply 1519
Original post by jam278
Anyway who wants a game of FIFA? I got PS4

Yeah pm me your ID - I swear I'm REEAALLY pissed off, could do with hammering someone :wink:

I was stuck on the A406 for hours, a 1 hour 30 mins journey turned into a 5 hour journey - no exaggeration
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest