The Student Room Group

I'm a medicine re-applicant starting in September, AMA!

As above^
Which university? :smile:
Original post by simran1996
Which university? :smile:

Glasgow :smile:
Reply 3
What did you do in your gap year?
Original post by Nehemia
What did you do in your gap year?

Unemployed for five months, christmas temp job at Schuh (still ongoing at weekends) and now Ward Assistant in Oncology since April. Voluntary work throughout!
Reply 5
What made you want to study medicine?
Original post by 06shawm
What made you want to study medicine?

Pretty much grown up with it in my face. My mum worked as a nurse in a palliative care unit and I used to wait in the staff room for her to finish after I had been to my dad's so I came into contact with a lot of healthcare professionals from a young age. Apart from that though, pretty much the same as everyone else: love of anatomy; like speaking to new people; challenge of diagnosis/treatment and so on and so forth.
Reply 7
Original post by Scottasaurus
Pretty much grown up with it in my face. My mum worked as a nurse in a palliative care unit and I used to wait in the staff room for her to finish after I had been to my dad's so I came into contact with a lot of healthcare professionals from a young age. Apart from that though, pretty much the same as everyone else: love of anatomy; like speaking to new people; challenge of diagnosis/treatment and so on and so forth.

Congrats on your offer from Glasgow. Must of been interesting being introduced to a hospital environment at an early age. I can imagine you can't wait to start the course! :biggrin:
Original post by 06shawm
Congrats on your offer from Glasgow. Must of been interesting being introduced to a hospital environment at an early age. I can imagine you can't wait to start the course! :biggrin:

Thanks! Honestly can't wait, less than 7 weeks to go though! What about yourself, any offers?
Reply 9
Thanks! Honestly can't wait, less than 7 weeks to go though! What about yourself, any offers?

Not long to go then! :biggrin: I'm actually going into my second year. I actually can't wait to go back, I miss being busy! Is Glasgow a traditional/PBL/integrated course?? :smile:
Original post by 06shawm
Not long to go then! :biggrin: I'm actually going into my second year. I actually can't wait to go back, I miss being busy! Is Glasgow a traditional/PBL/integrated course?? :smile:

Oh sweet, which uni? :smile: It's integrated now thank god as it used to be heavily PBL until 2012. They still do it a bit more than other integrated unis I'd say but as long as its not the be all and end all I'm fine with it haha!
Oh sweet, which uni? :smile: It's integrated now thank god as it used to be heavily PBL until 2012. They still do it a bit more than other integrated unis I'd say but as long as its not the be all and end all I'm fine with it haha!

I'm at Manchester :smile: Haha, you not a fan of PBL?? :tongue: Manchester is slightly more integrated now with more lectures and contact time but used to be PBL crazy. Where else did you apply?
Original post by 06shawm
I'm at Manchester :smile: Haha, you not a fan of PBL?? :tongue: Manchester is slightly more integrated now with more lectures and contact time but used to be PBL crazy. Where else did you apply?

All the Scottish unis except St Andrews (can you tell I'm Scottish? haha)
What on the course are you most looking forward to? Be it specific subjects or just uni life in general? :smile:
Original post by MrDystopia
What on the course are you most looking forward to? Be it specific subjects or just uni life in general? :smile:

All the clinical placements in Phase 4, will be great to see so much and meet so many people! Also really looking forward to the independence and lifestyle :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest