The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1880
Original post by Zürich
He's only 6'0 tbf but Ive read that he's very good in the air!

From watching the youtube videos of him(I know...) he actually looked pretty awkward at RB and looked more comfortable when he was simply defending. I think Wenger will use him as a utility defender until he either takes over from Debuchy or takes over from Koscielny.

It's good to have these English defenders around, you get a good shift out of them usually. Certainly would fancy Chambers to keep it together over the likes of Santos, Gallas etc :laugh:

Gutted if he does leave. Even if he didnt make it I did hope he would hang about for a decade as a squad player and become a real cult figure.

He's worth more than £3m as well given his Englishness, definitely got an outside chance of becoming a very good RB.

LOL forget the Santos/Gallas times, do you remember frigging Silvestre.. Madness
Reply 1881
Original post by Peggles_*
The big lump up top is No 12!

Sorry I mean 13*

Typo :P
Already with the selfies aha.

Reply 1883
Original post by e aí rapaz
If we get a DM, which I honestly believe we will. It will have been a very good transfer window. If we get a striker too, which I'm doubtful of, it will have been a perfect transfer window.

Think Wenger has already ruled out buying any more strikers in a press conference unfortunately. Doubt it's mind games either
Never realised there were so many Carl Jenkinson memes

Archbishop of Banterbury:

Personal fav:

Spoiler

Original post by SHOO
LOL forget the Santos/Gallas times, do you remember frigging Silvestre.. Madness

We took that pensioner to the Nou Camp. Dark days, what a time to be alive.
Original post by AR_95
Think Wenger has already ruled out buying any more strikers in a press conference unfortunately. Doubt it's mind games either

Looking at the type of strikers we have. I think he is playing the big lump of a striker type of tactics. Giroud, Sanogo are both very similar in style.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Tbh I think Jam is an anti-Arsenal troll. Pretty obvious his bias blinds him and he is just another BaconButty. Says a lot about Chelsea fans really when they spend more time in an Arsenal thread than their own. You don't see this type of vulgarity from the United lads. But then again, that's because United are a real big club.
Where is Jam vulgar?
Reply 1888
Original post by Richard Head
Where is Jam vulgar?

I think it's the same guy who had that outbreak about Liverpool fans the other day so I wouldn't bother :wink:
Original post by AR_95
I think it's the same guy who had that outbreak about Liverpool fans the other day so I wouldn't bother :wink:

Who said that ? What did he say about Liverpool fans? Don't know who on Earth you are talking about.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Already with the selfies aha.

It's always Szezscney lol. He best focus because he's got a new man on his neck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like Tottenham are getting Schnerdelin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our squad is looking pretty stacked atm. Obviously if Vermaelen leaves and we don't replace him with another experienced CB then our defence would actually be weaker so I think it's imperative we keep hold of him, and especially we shouldn't be selling him to United and helping their rebuilding process. DMF is still an area of weakness, Arteta is competent against the weaker sides but we need someone like Carvalho/Schneiderlin to come in and provide a physical presence and shield the back four. Look at our tital rivals, City have Yaya/Fernando/Fernandinho, Chelsea have Matic, Liverpool have Can who can become a midfield powerhouse. The closest we have is Diaby and if stays fit then we're sorted in that position but that's a big gamble so we definitely need to bring someone in.

Disappointed we didn't go in for Mandzukic too. He may not be the striker that is a massive improvement on Giroud but he's someone that would allow both of them to flourish as Giroud suffered burnout last season, plus he's also a big game player which Giroud is not. Sanchez/Walcott/Podolski should not be considered strikers, they are all wide forwards and there is difference that Wenger does not seem to grasp. Should have been in for Griezzmann too, if you think about it if Sanchez replaces Theo and Griezzmann starts over Cazorla we become much more dynamic up front, Sociedad payed us around £12m for Vela so we could have given them £10m + Vela which wouldn't have been a bad deal at all, obviously one of Cazorla or Poldi would have to be sold for that to happen and I think Wenger wants to keep both, which personally is the wrong decision. I think those two players we missed out on tbh.
Reply 1893
Original post by qwerty_mad
Looks like Tottenham are getting Schnerdelin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah bbc reporting them doing a double swoop for Rodriguez as well. Wenger surely has someone else in mind if he's willing to let spurs have schneiderlin
Reply 1894
Original post by t()m
Yeah bbc reporting them doing a double swoop for Rodriguez as well. Wenger surely has someone else in mind if he's willing to let spurs have schneiderlin

No. It's the simple case of Schneiderlin would prefer to follow his old manager into Tottenham.

As far as I've read at least
Schneiderlin for £27m is terrible business for Spurs, I dont even think they need a player in that position. So what's new? :laugh:
Reply 1896
Original post by AR_95
No. It's the simple case of Schneiderlin would prefer to follow his old manager into Tottenham.

As far as I've read at least

Really? Fair enough but if recent times are any indication he won't be at spurs for long ... Actually like him though. We have CL but fair enough... I think 27mil is pretty steep for what I've seen of him but as long as we get a DM I am happy.
Reply 1897
Original post by t()m
Really? Fair enough but if recent times are any indication he won't be at spurs for long ... Actually like him though. We have CL but fair enough... I think 27mil is pretty steep for what I've seen of him but as long as we get a DM I am happy.

I think they announced that he would get more time and won't be fired if Tottenham fail to reach CL. For once I think they're getting their heads together and Pochettino will come good for them in the long run.
Original post by Zürich
Schneiderlin for £27m is terrible business for Spurs, I dont even think they need a player in that position. So what's new? :laugh:

They have Sandro, Paulinho and Capoue who are competent enough in that position. They really should be after a better forward then Jay Rodriguez too. Soton being treated like Tesco :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1899
Original post by TheInvincibles14
They have Sandro, Paulinho and Capoue who are competent enough in that position. They really should be after a better forward then Jay Rodriguez too. Soton being treated like Tesco :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe the club just lacks ambition? They have enough money to secure players for top 10 though

Latest