The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by fallen_acorns
seems like a really bad idea to me to go anywhere near that cheap forwards..

Just looking for a sub tbh. This is how I'm lining up.

little wizard, who is the player on your profile pic? just curious
Original post by IamJuggernaut
little wizard, who is the player on your profile pic? just curious

Ciaran Clark when he played for England (U21).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 503
Original post by little_wizard123
Ciaran Clark when he played for England (youth).

pics so small ahrd to recognise him.
will he be featuring in your team?
Original post by Qari
pics so small ahrd to recognise him.
will he be featuring in your team?

Of course not, I want to win it.
Reply 505
Of course not, I want to win it.

why is he that ****?
Maybe last year you could have but I'm in it this year so the only thing you could hope to see is 2nd place :wink:
Original post by Qari
why is he that ****?
Maybe last year you could have but I'm in it this year so the only thing you could hope to see is 2nd place :wink:

Well he is unlikely to be starting games - probably 5th choice CB now...

Good luck with that.
Reply 507
Well he is unlikely to be starting games - probably 5th choice CB now...

Good luck with that.

thanks and good luck to you as well. don't be surprised if you see me fall rapidly in rankings after first GW
Original post by Qari
thanks and good luck to you as well. don't be surprised if you see me fall rapidly in rankings after first GW

Deliberately start badly then if you're worried about falling in rankings; it's what I do.
Reply 509
Deliberately start badly then if you're worried about falling in rankings; it's what I do.

oh no i fell in rankings 2nd gw last yaer. i changed majority of my team :biggrin:. then worked my way back up
Original post by aja89
Just looking for a sub tbh. This is how I'm lining up.

Thats what I did last year, not with forwards but with a strong 11 and then 4.5s

Backfired hugely.. and was a stupid mistake on my part.. it allowed for no flexibilty, and no way of compensating for fixtures..

Now, I would much rather have a range of good and solid players, who I can choose from each week depending on their fixtures - rather then having an amazing 11 and no rotation..
Team Name M20's XI
Reply 512
Thats what I did last year, not with forwards but with a strong 11 and then 4.5s

Backfired hugely.. and was a stupid mistake on my part.. it allowed for no flexibilty, and no way of compensating for fixtures..

Now, I would much rather have a range of good and solid players, who I can choose from each week depending on their fixtures - rather then having an amazing 11 and no rotation..

In my team i have 2 man utd players everyone else is from a diff team. now that's what you call variety :biggrin:
Original post by Qari
In my team i have 2 man utd players everyone else is from a diff team. now that's what you call variety :biggrin:

still only new to this, but that seems like a good way to start the season, as its harder to predict which teams will do well right off the bat, then it is when the season is progressing..
Reply 514
still only new to this, but that seems like a good way to start the season, as its harder to predict which teams will do well right off the bat, then it is when the season is progressing..

Didn't you do it last season?
Original post by Qari
Didn't you do it last season?

cant really remember my team from the start of last season - so maybe..
Original post by aja89
Just looking for a sub tbh. This is how I'm lining up.]

You still need a player or two off the bench who will play. What will you do if some of those players get injured, suspended, dropped etc? E.g A lot of teams at the start of last year (including mine) had Benteke, Walcott and Silva who all got injured in the same GW. It happens.

You can get away with a non playing GK, but a non playing striker isn't a good move considering most people will have 3 who will regularly play/score.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sr90
x

TheBallWinner
x

The Rusty Spork
x

Vintage
x

Are you guys or anybody else interested in the £10 money league? I've also added a list of the current money league entrants to the OP.
Reply 518
cant really remember my team from the start of last season - so maybe..

my team was so messed i took a hit after 1st gw
Are you guys or anybody else interested in the £10 money league? I've also added a list of the current money league entrants to the OP.

In. PM me details and I'll pay when I get home.

Quick Reply

Latest