The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheInvincibles14
Ramsey will be breaking forward so Wilshere and Cazorla against Yaya/Fernando is just suicidal tbf. Hope Flamini starts so we have a bit of a physical presence in midfield.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think you should do a Mourinho and just put a big fast physical CB in defensive midfield in a 4-3-3. Koscielny would be my pick.
I look forward to our ''midfield gets overrun due to defensive indiscipline'' goals of August 2014

It's a friendly so lets just go out and try and outscore them, the Utd/Arsenal CS games were generally like that and were dynamite
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Think you should do a Mourinho and just put a big fast physical CB in defensive midfield in a 4-3-3. Koscielny would be my pick.

Who's going to play CB then? Miquel, Monreal? Would like us to try 4-3-1-2 honestly. Use Flamini-Wilshere-Ramsey in midfield, Alexis as the no.10 and Campbell and Sanogo up front. Would be interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by baconbutty
You'll flip out it monreal or giroud play but are more than happy for wilshere to play. Lol he's ****ing terrible

Wilshere hasn't been terrible for ages. He just hasn't performed to the monumentally high standard some delusional Arsenal fans hold him. The same people who slate Wilshere were probably sucking him off in 2010, and the ones who love Ramsey were probably calling for his blood a few seasons ago. Monreal is an absolute waste of space who has no redeeming features. Giroud is a player who can sometimes play amazing games, but more often than not is constantly offside and is just a glorified Bendtner. Wilshere always contributes at least one good play or pass, and most games helps mesh the team together. His weakness is that he is a weak little midget who gets bullied by just about everyone.

He is not terrible, at least not to the same scale of Monreal/Giroud, and if we didn't play him, who would we play? Arteta, who is just as weak? Flamini who is just a magnet for free kicks and bookings? If I could, I would play Diaby and Ozil instead of Cazorla and Wilshere, but we can't.
lets not kid ourselves, arteta will get 90 mins. is ox 100% fit now? if so i'd put him and campbell on either wing with the real yaya upfront, cazorla CAM with mikel/rambo behind.
Original post by BenAssirati
Wilshere hasn't been terrible for ages. He just hasn't performed to the monumentally high standard some delusional Arsenal fans hold him. The same people who slate Wilshere were probably sucking him off in 2010, and the ones who love Ramsey were probably calling for his blood a few seasons ago. Monreal is an absolute waste of space who has no redeeming features. Giroud is a player who can sometimes play amazing games, but more often than not is constantly offside and is just a glorified Bendtner. Wilshere always contributes at least one good play or pass, and most games helps mesh the team together. His weakness is that he is a weak little midget who gets bullied by just about everyone.

He is not terrible, at least not to the same scale of Monreal/Giroud, and if we didn't play him, who would we play? Arteta, who is just as weak? Flamini who is just a magnet for free kicks and bookings? If I could, I would play Diaby and Ozil instead of Cazorla and Wilshere, but we can't.

hes not as bad as monreal but hes far worse than giroud. he offers absolutely nothing at all currently. he doesn't score, doesn't assist, average passing, average work-rate, his dribbling is a ****ing shambles lately. His one-twos never come off. He constantly gets knocked off the ball and just sits on the floor expecting the ref to blow up and more often than not he doesn't get the foul.
Who's going to play CB then? Miquel, Monreal? Would like us to try 4-3-1-2 honestly. Use Flamini-Wilshere-Ramsey in midfield, Alexis as the no.10 and Campbell and Sanogo up front. Would be interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think Kos and Chambers will start in central defence. I see Wenger playing it safe with 4-2-3-1 and an experienced line up
Original post by Peggles_*
Besiktas aren't no two-bob team made of Kebab salesmen! They will offer a sterner test than Fenerbache did last year, they finished 12 points clear of them the season just gone too. 40,000 Turks jumping up and down for 90 minutes won't be much fun either!! Also have one of our former boys in Oğuzhan Özyakup, who by all accounts is one of their better players. Two away games in the league after both them games won't make it easy.

I have absolutely no idea what they see in him, Vermaelen's defensive failings were often masked by the fact that he would score, I think in his first season he got 8! There is this jitteryness about the team anytime he played over the last two seasons, the Spurs away 12/13 and Chelsea home 12/13 stand out. He's racked up a fair few injuries in the last couple seasons and he's a crackhead (BS twitter rumour! :rolleyes:) £15m for him is quite astonishing. Still good luck to the guy.

Song smh, I have never seen anyone bombed out of a club so quickly, Song must have really pissed someone off!! Didn't him and Bould get into a fight when we were on pre season in Cologne? Out the door in a flash.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean Fenerbahce finished 12 points clear of Besiktas. :mmm:
Our central midfield looks like it will get overrun. We need some physical presence there at least. Flamini is a must. Put Ramsey next to him.
The season before his move he scored 30 but then dropped to 16 so that should have been a bit of a warning sign tbf. Honestly about £10m of that fee is due to Cesc' form in the 07-08 season :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile

10m? Try 24m haha
Original post by Pete_91
10m? Try 24m haha

lol I cant believe he actually played for Madrid :lol:
Original post by barneystin

Wasn't it a total of 48m in 2009 for him and Toure?

Daylight robbery haha.
Original post by Mr Smurf
You mean Fenerbahce finished 12 points clear of Besiktas. :mmm:

Fenerbache weren't really up for it. Besiktas, in their last three or four CL campaigns have come up against Chelsea, United, Liverpool and Barcelona coming out on top in at least one leg. They seem to like these kind of games.

At home we will beat them, but playing away it will probably be less comfortable than it was against Fenerbache...
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd like us to play a proper 4-1-4-1 if we can sign a decent DM. Flamini as cover is fine, and we can also throw Arteta there if we're in control and want to slow things down a bit.

Ramsey next to Ozil, with Alexis and Walcott on the wings, and Giroud doing what he does best.

Wilshere, OX, Cazorla, Rosicky, et cetera fighting for those 2 positions, and wide positions if Alexis and Walcott pick up injuries, gives us some depth.

The key is, of course, the DM.

Would Carvalho fit the bill?
Original post by barneystin

Tbf he did well at Madrid.

ha
Reply 2836
Original post by little_tom

ha

Saw that, and it's most likely bull****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The bitterness towards RVP :coma:
Reply 2838
Original post by manchesterunited15
The bitterness towards RVP :coma:

:sogood:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407542544.496032.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldbang/10 (NH)

Latest