The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Micah Richards
Sanchez's value is if he plays up front...

if he doesn't, he's definitely not worth it

Yeh definitely.

As a Liverpool fan, your thoughts on Henderson btw? I've heard that Brenton wants him to push forward and has set him a target of 10 league goals this season. Apparently Siggy played out wide yesterday, if that's intended then that severely dents his appeal.

For example i'm on this atm:

Bego - Gilks
Evans - Caulker - Cahill - Wisdom - Hutton
Ramsey - Mata - Sterling - Eriksen - Marney
Rooney - Costa - Austin

Could easily do Eriksen > Hendo, Sterling > Hazard and Hutton > 4.5. Or even Sterling > Hendo and upgrading Austin to Dzeko.
(edited 9 years ago)
Theres going to be a Giroud / Ramsey bandwagon and the season hasnt even started yet :rolleyes:
Original post by mccrae01
Theres going to be a Giroud / Ramsey bandwagon and the season hasnt even started yet :rolleyes:

I bet so many people have switched Sanchez to Ramsey in the last 3 hours. I was really hoping for a Sanchez hat trick to make people really invest as I can't see him being worth it.
Reply 803
Original post by Alex Doran
I bet so many people have switched Sanchez to Ramsey in the last 3 hours. I was really hoping for a Sanchez hat trick to make people really invest as I can't see him being worth it.

that's what I did. And by doing that I have enough money for Mata.
not sure whether to get Lukaku or not :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
When do you guys reckon is the best time to use the wildcard available all season. Last season I used it towards the end of season with double game weeks but didnt benefit as much as I hoped, feel I should have used it very early and jumped on bandwagons like Toure and Coleman whilst they were affordable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 805
Original post by ArsenalWenger
When do you guys reckon is the best time to use the wildcard available all season. Last season I used it towards the end of season with double game weeks but didnt benefit as much as I hoped, feel I should have used it very early and jumped on bandwagons like Toure and Coleman whilst they were affordable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have the Jan wildcard as well remember
Original post by Qari
You have the Jan wildcard as well remember

Yh thats not much of a problem since u hav to use it in Jan lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 807
Yh thats not much of a problem since u hav to use it in Jan lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol yup. I guess use it when your team is hit with injuries/suspensions

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm planning to use it around GW 8.

Used it far too early last year (GW4 - first international break) so when I had 4 injuries in the same week, I had to take a 12 point hit and my replacements didn't work out. Come January it's a lot harder to close the gap because everyone will have identical teams.
Reply 809
Original post by sr90
I'm planning to use it around GW 8.

Used it far too early last year (GW4 - first international break) so when I had 4 injuries in the same week, I had to take a 12 point hit and my replacements didn't work out. Come January it's a lot harder to close the gap because everyone will have identical teams.

I used it after the August transfer window closed :biggrin: I took a hit many times. the highest point hit i took must have been 32 points but I guess it was an eye opener. More prepared for the game this season ( as in i know more than when i started last year)
Original post by Qari
I used it after the August transfer window closed :biggrin: I took a hit many times. the highest point hit i took must have been 32 points but I guess it was an eye opener. More prepared for the game this season ( as in i know more than when i started last year)

What on earth made you transfer 9 players in the same week? :lolwut:
Original post by sr90
Yeh definitely.

As a Liverpool fan, your thoughts on Henderson btw? I've heard that Brenton wants him to push forward and has set him a target of 10 league goals this season. Apparently Siggy played out wide yesterday, if that's intended then that severely dents his appeal.

For example i'm on this atm:

Bego - Gilks
Evans - Caulker - Cahill - Wisdom - Hutton
Ramsey - Mata - Sterling - Eriksen - Marney
Rooney - Costa - Austin

Could easily do Eriksen > Hendo, Sterling > Hazard and Hutton > 4.5. Or even Sterling > Hendo and upgrading Austin to Dzeko.

Difficult to say. I have Henderson in my team right now but I'm re-thinking that, despite his goal today.

Sturridge is a must have out of all the Liverpool players but he's so ****ing expensive.
Reply 812
Original post by sr90
What on earth made you transfer 9 players in the same week? :lolwut:

it was 2nd GW. My team didn't do all that well ( I thoguht they didn't do well but actually the score was alright)
Chill this year I know how to pick players and etc
Original post by Micah Richards
Difficult to say. I have Henderson in my team right now but I'm re-thinking that, despite his goal today.

Sturridge is a must have out of all the Liverpool players but he's so ****ing expensive.

Annoying isn't it. If he was 10.5 or even 11 i'd take him instantly. When RVP, Aguero and Sturridge start scoring big it's going to be really hard to fit even one of them in. Last season I managed to get Suarez, Rooney, Aguero without too much trouble.
Reply 814
Original post by sr90
Annoying isn't it. If he was 10.5 or even 11 i'd take him instantly. When RVP, Aguero and Sturridge start scoring big it's going to be really hard to fit even one of them in. Last season I managed to get Suarez, Rooney, Aguero without too much trouble.

I know I can get Sturridge Costa Rooney.
But not sure if I expect much from him in the first 3 GW.
Original post by sr90

I'd have him instantly at this price too, my main worry is just that Liverpool play City and Spurs away, second and third games of the years.

Debating whether I can risk not having him until I WC in GW3-6 and when he'll be cheaper if he doesn't score more than 1 against Soton.
Will Chambers actually start regularly even when Mertesacker returns? At 4.5 he would be an absolute steal.

Never thought he had a chance to start but he played the full 90 minutes today, so confused.
Think I might have to take Hazard out for Fabregas, he takes the corners and free kicks and it looks like he'll be attacking a bit more than I thought initially. Hazard usually takes a few weeks to get in the swings of things as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skkc16
Think I might have to take Hazard out for Fabregas, he takes the corners and free kicks and it looks like he'll be attacking a bit more than I thought initially. Hazard usually takes a few weeks to get in the swings of things as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who takes the penalties? Where has fabregas played during preseaon??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by khalidpatel
Who takes the penalties? Where has fabregas played during preseason??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest