The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Original post by Qari
Love you too bro

no homo.

so what about your team?

My team is very frustrating. There's just no good midfield options for me and like you I can't decide on a third striker. Just not feeling my team atm, probably gonna use my wildcard like 3rd week which worked well for me last year so I'm not averse to it, got to get on the new Ramsey/michu bandwagon early :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 861
Original post by Saf94
My team is very frustrating. There's just no good midfield options for me and like you I can't decide on a third striker. Just not feeling my team atm, probably gonna use my wildcard like 3rd week which worked well for me last year so I'm not averse to it, got to get on the new Ramsey/michu bandwagon early :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hvnt got Sturridge yet. I'm thinking maybe Lukaku but after GW 7
and I used WC 3rd GW last year as well :lol:
and midfield not sure yet
(edited 9 years ago)
Why can't the budget just be 100.5m? It would be SO much easier!
Original post by Alex Doran
Why can't the budget just be 200.0m? It would be SO much easier!

Fixed
Unlimited budget :colonhash:
Is anyone else going without any Manchester City players? Fabregas vs Silva is my main issue atm.
Original post by sr90
Is anyone else going without any Manchester City players? Fabregas vs Silva is my main issue atm.

I had Nasri but dropped him to buy Lukaku up front. Personally I'd choose Fabregas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Sturridge is getting goals mate, just you watch.

I don't doubt that - this is his year for 30 goals, I can see it now.

I just can't find the money for him and think it's better spent elsewhere.
BUDGET CUTTING CHALLENGE

DDG - Krul
F.Luis - B.Davies - Ward - Pieters - Ferdinand
Mata - Sterling - Eriksen - Siggy - El Ahmadi
Rooney - Costs - Adebayor

Team Value - 101m
I have tried to do this in so many ways and it has failed so now I am asking for help, please shave 1m off this squad.
Requirements
-1 defender from Chelsea, Spurs, Palace, Stoke, QPR
-Strikers must remain the same
-I will not drop Mata
BUDGET CUTTING CHALLENGE

DDG - Krul

Team Value - 101m
I have tried to do this in so many ways and it has failed so now I am asking for help, please shave 1m off this squad.
Requirements
-I will not drop Mata

not sure how well spurs could do, but couldn't you maybe downgrade eriksen?
Original post by sr90

i'm exactly the same

fabregas for now because city's fixtures are hard
Onto about the thirtieth different version of my team , but it is currently ( subs in brackets)

De Gea ( Gilks)
Baines, Lovren , Vlaar ( Yun , Wasilewski)
Tadic, Silva, Markovic, Sanchez ( Sigurdsson)
Bojan , Lukaku , Diego Costa

Also, just a bit of shameless plugging here but I run the TSR Premier League predictions competition ( stickied in this forum) and it would be great to get as many people as possible :smile: Just to tempt you further - there is a £15 Amazon voucher for the overall winner
not sure how well spurs could do, but couldn't you maybe downgrade eriksen?

Spurs have decent individuals and Poch knows what he is doing defensively and I think they will have a solid defence (hence Davies.)
Eriksen gets free kicks and he was incredible last season when playing but I have to save money somewhere and he is probably the most expendable. I just really hope that some 4.5m defenders from Stoke and Palace become guaranteed starters because I liked having 3 top midfielders.
Original post by manchesterunited15
.........your username is your actual name with a number put onto it

lmao

It's not my actual name. I get referred to as jam but it's not my name. :lol:

Original post by little_wizard123
Wouldn't go near these three. Way too overpriced. :ninja:

You can't handle that Sturridge was banging goals man. :lol:
Original post by jam278
It's not my actual name. I get referred to as jam but it's not my name. :lol:

You can't handle that Sturridge was banging goals man. :lol:

It's a shortened version of your name
BUDGET CUTTING CHALLENGE

DDG - Krul

Team Value - 101m
Requirements
-I will not drop Mata

Change your keepers to Speroni & 4.0, downgrade Pieters to Cameron, upgrade Ward to Evans.

Speroni 4.0
Luis Evans Davies Cameron Rio
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mccrae01
Onto about the thirtieth different version of my team , but it is currently ( subs in brackets)

De Gea ( Gilks)
Baines, Lovren , Vlaar ( Yun , Wasilewski)
Tadic, Silva, Markovic, Sanchez ( Sigurdsson)
Bojan , Lukaku , Diego Costa

Also, just a bit of shameless plugging here but I run the TSR Premier League predictions competition ( stickied in this forum) and it would be great to get as many people as possible :smile: Just to tempt you further - there is a £15 Amazon voucher for the overall winner

nice team there - baines and bojan are the only two i have in mine though :wink:

i'll get in on predictions this season, you got a link to the new thread?

Spurs have decent individuals and Poch knows what he is doing defensively and I think they will have a solid defence (hence Davies.)
Eriksen gets free kicks and he was incredible last season when playing but I have to save money somewhere and he is probably the most expendable. I just really hope that some 4.5m defenders from Stoke and Palace become guaranteed starters because I liked having 3 top midfielders.

that's fair enough i guess
to me, spurs are an "almost team".
they always seem like they're gonna do well, but they fall short :/

that's why i'm a little nervous about spending on eriksen; awesome player, but not sure about the team
kinda like vlaar for aston villa; awesome defender but the team lets in too many goals

i think defenders from stoke, palace, maybe even QPR might do well - the kind of teams who will rely on defending well in home games
nice team there - baines and bojan are thI only two i have in mine though :wink:

i'll get in on predictions this season, you got a link to the new thread?

that's why i'm a little nervous about spending on eriksen; awesome player, but not sure about the team
kinda like vlaar for aston villa; awesome defender but the team lets in too many goals

i think defenders from stoke, palace, maybe even QPR might do well - the kind of teams who will rely on defending well in home games

Its been stickied so should be easy enough to find - cant link you to it right now though since I am using the app
Original post by sr90
Change your keepers to Speroni & 4.0, downgrade Pieters to Cameron, upgrade Ward to Evans.

Speroni 4.0
Luis Evans Davies Cameron Rio

How sure are you that Cameron will start? If he is a starter then I will happily put him back in but I don't want to risk some of my team not starting every game.

I have them all in a rotation strategy (alongside Siggy) so they will only ever be in my team if they are at home. Should bring at least 18 clean sheets between the 3 of them (6 home clean sheets each seems fair enough.)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest