The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Change your keepers to Speroni & 4.0, downgrade Pieters to Cameron, upgrade Ward to Evans.

Speroni 4.0
Luis Evans Davies Cameron Rio

To be honest I was probably asking a question when I already knew the answer myself but I just didn't want to do it. I am basically refusing to change De Gea, any of my strikers, Mata and any of the clubs of my defence which leaves me very limited. I can either drop Krul to save 0.5m and hope either Cameron or Mariappa become guaranteed starters by Saturday or I have to downgrade one of Eriksen, Sterling or Siggy. I know I have to do 1 of the 2 but in my head, if I just refuse, I might magically be given another 1m to my budget.
Original post by Alex Doran
How sure are you that Cameron will start? If he is a starter then I will happily put him back in but I don't want to risk some of my team not starting every game.

He is a risk, but given how Sparky came out and said he's staying and he's important to the team, it suggests he'll be starting. You could also get Begovic in goal, downgrade Ward to Mariappa and then upgrade Pieters to Evans if you prefer. That one is probably safer - Pulis came out and said that Mariappa wasn't playing because he didn't want to risk him, but he'll be fit for Arsenal. Gives you the same defensive coverage as well (Chelsea, Man United, Spurs, QPR, Stoke & Palace).
Original post by sr90
He is a risk, but given how Sparky came out and said he's staying and he's important to the team, it suggests he'll be starting. You could also get Begovic in goal, downgrade Ward to Mariappa and then upgrade Pieters to Evans if you prefer. That one is probably safer - Pulis came out and said that Mariappa wasn't playing because he didn't want to risk him, but he'll be fit for Arsenal. Gives you the same defensive coverage as well (Chelsea, Man United, Spurs, QPR, Stoke & Palace).

I definitely want to stick to De Gea in goal and I don't want to change the clubs of any of my defence. That has been settled on for a long time. I always start with 3 top strikers, 1 top goalkeeper and then look at what clubs I want in defence. I always leave the midfield for last because cheap players are not that much worse than expensive players. If I am going to change my team (which I have to to be within budget) then it will be swapping the players in my defence but keeping the same clubs, downgrading Krul or downgrading one of the midfielders.
If Cameron and Mariappa are going to start then I have no problem whatsoever and all is good but I have heard from a few people that they won't.
One option is to play Chambers (Arsenal) for the first week as Wenger has said he will play and to then transfer him out when I know who is starting in defence for Palace and Stoke. Even then I would need one of Mariappa or Cameron to be guaranteed.
Original post by sr90
upgrade Ward to Evans.

funny sounding upgrade
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407788178.104741.jpg

Anybody got advice for my team?

I swapped out Sanchez and albrighton to get Ramsey and shelvey

But I'm concerned mostly about midfield - not sure if Ramsey will replicate and shelvey will get many points
Reply 885
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1407788178.104741.jpg

Anybody got advice for my team?

I swapped out Sanchez and albrighton to get Ramsey and shelvey

But I'm concerned mostly about midfield - not sure if Ramsey will replicate and shelvey will get many points

I think downgrading Baines to free up some funds could be a shrewd move, given Everton's tough early fixtures. Also i reckon Bardsley will start over Cameron in the first week so would watch out for that. Ramsey looked great in the shield, and i think if he stays injury free he could have an even better season. Really like your front 3. If you have .5 more, i'd upgrade Shelvey to Sigurdsson who should score far more.
Original post by DH1'
I think downgrading Baines to free up some funds could be a shrewd move, given Everton's tough early fixtures. Also i reckon Bardsley will start over Cameron in the first week so would watch out for that. Ramsey looked great in the shield, and i think if he stays injury free he could have an even better season. Really like your front 3. If you have .5 more, i'd upgrade Shelvey to Sigurdsson who should score far more.

tbh, if i were to change anybody in defence it would be shaw since i'm not sure if he'll get good points for 6m.
baines takes set pieces, so as a defender he will get decent points - worth 7m imo.

yeah, i would prefer to oust shelvey, but it's just making funds tbh
might downgrade shaw a little
not sure about fabregas - i reckon he'll do well, but he aint cheap.
Howard
Vlaar Caulker Cahill Shaw
Silva Ramsey Barkley Mata
Rooney Bony

Subs: Myhill, Tomkins, Shelvey, Zamora

How can I improve it? I'm on the official fantasy premier league website
Original post by Mister Dead
funny sounding upgrade

Read the post fully. If he's got a Palace keeper he won't need a Palace defender as well.
Reply 889
Mata or Sturridge. I don't know who to choose.
can you utd/liverpool players help me decide?
Any thoughts on the starting Stoke and Palace defence? Do Mariappa or Cameron have any chance?
Reply 891
Will muhamed Besić be in Everton's first team ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CAP31
Will muhamed Besić be in Everton's first team ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As an Everton fan I think it is unlikely, more chance of him being used like Deulefeu last season so coming off the bench.
Original post by Qari
Mata or Sturridge. I don't know who to choose.
can you utd/liverpool players help me decide?

Mata has been scoring in pre season and takes set pieces, goals and assists are worth more from midfield and I'm not betting on Sturridge doing as well as last season tbh.
Original post by Amphiprion
Mata has been scoring in pre season and takes set pieces, goals and assists are worth more from midfield and I'm not betting on Sturridge doing as well as last season tbh.

I have no doubt that Sturridge will score a hatful but my main concern is him picking up injuries. If he's expected to lead the line for every single game it's inevitable with his injury history. Liverpool badly need another striker.
Reply 895
Undecided between two teams at the moment. Defense is the same but Midfield and forward lines are different

Mata-Sig-Sanchez-Eriksen

Rooney-Sturridge-Austin

or

Hazard-Ramsay-Sig-Henderson

Rooney-Sturridge-Dzeko

It really eventually depends on how quick Sanchez will settle and whether Dzeko will play regularly - which he should with Aguero missing the 1st week
Reply 896
Original post by Amphiprion

Original post by sr90
I have no doubt that Sturridge will score a hatful but my main concern is him picking up injuries. If he's expected to lead the line for every single game it's inevitable with his injury history. Liverpool badly need another striker.

Mata it is. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to give Dzeko up.
Thanks for the help boys
If Sturridge gets injured, you can just bring in Aguero, Rooney if you don't have him, van Persie, Costa etc. There's enough options in the price range.
Reply 898

my new team.
Wanted De Jong but he's injured so Gylfi will do for a while
Original post by sr90

Of course he will score goals but I feel it's more likely to be a 10-15 haul this season, which isn't bad by any means but I don't see him matching 22 goals 8 assists without Suraez's contribution. He's a very solid forward to have in a fantasy team regardless but if it came down to Mata or Sturridge I would pick Mata. He will score less goals but he will make more assists, when you combine the two and the fact that they are worth more from midfield I think he'll be more effective with RVP and Rooney than Sturridge will feeding off of Henderson and Gerrard (not slagging them off).

Quick Reply

Latest