The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isometrix
Sterling is better value than Sturridge. Don't hurt me jam.

Possibly since he gets a good goal output from the wing. Tbh you're not going to get any good value in strikers, in reality it's between RVP, Rooney, Sturridge/Costa for the big name striker above 10m.

For the rest you're just looking at midfielders who get a good goal/assist rate like Hazard, Ramsey, Eriksen, Yaya etc. so unless Sturridge can up his tally in the league to about 25 he's not going to be better value. He'll end up with more points than Sterling though, if both fit Sterling will be rotated and Sturridge will start at every opportunity. This is his first full preseason for a good few years and he didn't have regular gametime at Chelsea before hand so he'd obviously be more equipped for this season than previous ones gone by.
Original post by Endless Blue
No. Naismith is great value for a third option but I'd definitely upgrade Jovetic to someone in at least the £8.5m region, eg Dzeko or Giroud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

IMO Jovetic is more likely to start over and get more goals than Dzeko. The other 8.5 options are giroud and bony but i think that jovetic could outscore them which is why I went for Jovetic.

I've got this team atm:

What do you think?
Hey, just joined the classic league, sadly there is no more space in the H2H ones. Team name: Joga Bonito.

Finished 17k last year, first season of seriously playing it. Aiming for a top 1k rank this season. Team's all set:

Any thoughts on it?
Original post by little_wizard123
I'd probably get Hutton over Vlaar, then upgrade Bruce to somebody who will play.

Who starts for hull?
Original post by little_wizard123
:holmes: Do you really think so? Sturridge will score more than twice the number of goals.

I don't doubt that, but i was talking about value i.e. cost per point output.

Sturridge started at 9.0m last season didnt he? Ended up with 197 points. Sterling started at 5.5m I think and ended up with 132 points. So in terms of value Sterling was far better.

My problem is that having a front three of Costa, Rooney and Sturridge leaves nowhere near enough funds for the rest of the team, as beastly as that attack force would be. So that's why I'm considering Sterling as the opportunity cost to Sturridge.
is it worth creating another H2H league? Will it mess up the system?

Got to be 5 or so people now who found it was full up, and there is going to be more before the end of september..
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Who starts for hull?

Davies and Chester are the only sure starters in my opinion.
Original post by sheldon420
Davies and Chester are the only sure starters in my opinion.

Should I replace Koscielny with Debuchy and then upgrade Bruce to chester
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Should I replace Koscielny with Debuchy and then upgrade Bruce to chester

Definitely go for it, no reason to have Koscielny over Debuchy with his injury rumours.
Definitely go for it, no reason to have Koscielny over Debuchy with his injury rumours.

Thanks
Original post by fallen_acorns

Got to be 5 or so people now who found it was full up, and there is going to be more before the end of september..

H2H leagues will shut from Saturday.

It may be possible to make a fourth that starts from GW 4 or something to give people until September to join it.
Hey, just joined the classic league, sadly there is no more space in the H2H ones. Team name: Joga Bonito.

Finished 17k last year, first season of seriously playing it. Aiming for a top 1k rank this season. Team's all set:

Any thoughts on it?

Well it's almost identical to mine, so it's positive feedback from me :lol:

Keeper/defenders are different but both have Chelsea/Man Utd/Stoke/West Brom coverage, and I've got Rooney, Costa and an identical starting midfield. Only differences are Spurs/West Ham defenders instead of Hull/QPR, and I've got Giroud over Dzeko. So I'm helping you do well haha.
Which do people think will be better? Currently on A but think B might be better but wanted another opinion. Option C is for if people think Sanchez>Ramsey.

A) Sturridge-Fabregas-Johnson

or

B) Costa-Ramsey-Johnson +1m (therefore changing Cameron/de Laet to Lovren)

or

C) Costa-Sanchez-Puncheon
I'm banned from the league-I'll post my team name: jaydot's jugganauts

Can I be reinstated? Cheers
Original post by SirMasterKey
Which do people think will be better? Currently on A but think B might be better but wanted another opinion. Option C is for if people think Sanchez>Ramsey.

A) Sturridge-Fabregas-Johnson

or

B) Costa-Ramsey-Johnson +1m (therefore changing Cameron/de Laet to Lovren)

or

C) Costa-Sanchez-Puncheon

Am skeptical about sturridge, I really dont know if liverpool will hit the ground running this year.

Take B, gives you 1 million to alter the team after you start

I thought I had my team all sorted. But then i see peoples selection on this and makes me rethink my entire team! god dam it
Original post by fallen_acorns

Well it'd have to fill up in about 48 hours, which will never happen - it took about a week to get the final 5 or 6 spaces.
Best 4.5 mil midfielder?

Got el ahmadi atm but I don't know if he starts. Other options are tiote Albrighton wanyama

Also ward or Caulker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Danny the Geezer
I'm banned from the league-I'll post my team name: jaydot's jugganauts

Can I be reinstated? Cheers

The reason bans happen is because the username or team name aren't recognised - most people use their real name and hence in most cases it can't be linked to TSR. Can you PM me your name on there, as bans are done using names rather than team names. Cheers!
I have finally finished now. That is my final draft (unless anyone has any better suggestions.)

De Gea - Krul
F.Luis - B.Davies - Ward - Ferdinand - Chambers (swap to Stoke defender after GW1)
Mata - Sterling - Eriksen - Siggy - El Ahmadi
Rooney - Costa - Adebayor

Any thoughts?
Original post by Alex Doran
I have finally finished now. That is my final draft (unless anyone has any better suggestions.)

De Gea - Krul
F.Luis - B.Davies - Ward - Ferdinand - Chambers (swap to Stoke defender after GW1)
Mata - Sterling - Eriksen - Siggy - El Ahmadi
Rooney - Costa - Adebayor

Any thoughts?

My team has De Gea, Sterling, Costa and Rooney so naturally I like it

Quick Reply

Latest