The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

how lenient is kent uni?

i really want to go to kent for history and english language and linguistics but they're asking for ABB. i doubt i could get that but do you think they're quite lenient? i've heard they are however thats been from posts written years ago. does anyone know? i've heard that with some courses they are, do you think they would be in this course?

Scroll to see replies

I actually firmed Kent for Drama and Theatre, and they were asking for me for an AAA grade (which I got!) but I later got a call and an email a few days later explaining that they would accept an ABB, so I can't tell you if they're go lower- but they have been lenient for me!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by stuartscott
I actually firmed Kent for Drama and Theatre, and they were asking for me for an AAA grade (which I got!) but I later got a call and an email a few days later explaining that they would accept an ABB, so I can't tell you if they're go lower- but they have been lenient for me!

Oh that gives me hope! Thank you :smile: Do you like it there?
I haven't been yet lass! :wink: I'm hoping to go this September. Best of luck to you, maybe you could call them up yourself and demand a place!
It'll likely depend on a variety of factors like how many spaces they have left after accepting everyone who's met their offers and how much they liked your personal statement (and interview if you had one). No-one can really tell you to be honest, I'm afraid you just have to wait and see. Best of luck!
Reply 5
My offer was BBB for biology and I got BCCC but I firmed and they let me in. I guess it all depends on what course you're applying for as its the particular subject school that decides. For me I guess they either took into account I had 4 A-levels or the fact the they were all core subjects.
Reply 6
Im not an english student so my grades/requirements are different but I got in to this year with what would be around 2 grades less than needed. ( computer science )
My offer was AAB for Law, I got ABC and I got accepted! YAY
Reply 8
My offer was ABB for Economics and they accepted with BBC so I guess they are lenient!
my offer for kent accounting was abb but unfortunately i received ccd but they haven't replied will they still be lenient?
Reply 10
I got CCDE in AS, and Kent gave me a conditional offer for an English course which was originally asking for AAB. It dropped to ABB. At the end of my A2 year, I got ABCD. I still got accepted, though - I checked UCAS, saw the confirmation, and walked into college on results day thinking I'd done really well! :colondollar: I'm really grateful they let me in, haha. To be fair, though, I did extremely well during my GCSEs and have a bunch of other qualifications, and got a banging reference and my personal statement was packed with stuff. I feel blessed and lucky. I've heard they're pretty lenient, too, but it really does depend on how many people apply/(i)ed
Reply 11
Original post by faithiskey
my offer for kent accounting was abb but unfortunately i received ccd but they haven't replied will they still be lenient?

so....did u get in then
Reply 12
Original post by addz95
My offer was ABB for Economics and they accepted with BBC so I guess they are lenient!

hi, now you're going there have u seen that the others in your course also missed the entry requirements or did most of them meet it?

I'm wondering as i'm not sure if i should make kent my firm because i might not get the entry requirement.

Thanks!
Kent playing mind games like Royal Holloway and Lancaster? No course at any of these places warrants AAA/AAB. If you get grades like that you can go to a top 10-15 uni.
Reply 14
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Kent playing mind games like Royal Holloway and Lancaster? No course at any of these places warrants AAA/AAB. If you get grades like that you can go to a top 10-15 uni.

hmmm very true, i guess thats the same with most uni's though, they don't want to state what they will actually accept you for as it will make them look bad i guess.

What do u think the lowest Kent would accept for example if the course entry requirement was BBB (obviously depends on number of applicants and strength of your own applicant, but just generally)
If your predictions are lower than the asked-for grades, its a risky choice.

General advice on making choices here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/How_to_Avoid_Getting_5_Rejections
Original post by MrMC
hmmm very true, i guess thats the same with most uni's though, they don't want to state what they will actually accept you for as it will make them look bad i guess.

What do u think the lowest Kent would accept for example if the course entry requirement was BBB (obviously depends on number of applicants and strength of your own applicant, but just generally)

Kent is a BCC/CDD university in my book.
Reply 17
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
Kent is a BCC/CDD university in my book.

Bit low?
Considering it's in or just out the top20
Original post by MrMC
Bit low?
Considering it's in or just out the top20

Kent is a 3rd rank university, behind the G5, and behind the Russell Group, and also behind quite a few traditional ones like Leicester and Lancaster for that matter. Still, it is a decent uni overall, top 30-35 region for prestige. UK league tables don't measure prestige, World rankings do.

Aberdeen is ranked around 40th in UK rankings, but is better than Loughborough, usually ranked top 15.
(edited 9 years ago)
As a bit of light for you, my offer last year was ABB.

Kent accepted me on BBC (due to the very poor performance overall for A Levels last year). So, lenient.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending