The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Flexibility In Applicant's Grades

I have applied to Uni of Kent and received a conditional offer of MMP In a foundation year for computer engineering. However I am around 90% sure I will only achieve MPP. I know I haven't achieved the grade but I was so close and I did try hard. What are the chances that I would still be accepted and receive a place? I'm scared and not sure what to do...
Original post by William.Clark
I have applied to Uni of Kent and received a conditional offer of MMP In a foundation year for computer engineering. However I am around 90% sure I will only achieve MPP. I know I haven't achieved the grade but I was so close and I did try hard. What are the chances that I would still be accepted and receive a place? I'm scared and not sure what to do...

The chances entirely depend on how many offer-holders meet their offer conditions. If enough do that Kent can fill the course, then there won't be any flexibility I'm afraid.

However, if they have some spaces left, they'll very likely initially look to fill the course via "near miss" candidates (which you would be). It that doesn't fill the course, they'll then likely look to Clearing applicants.

All you can do is wait and hope, unfortunately.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by William.Clark

Hi there

Waiting for results day can be extremely daunting but its always good to have a few back up plans if things dont go as planned on the day. It is likely that if you do not meet the entry requirements you will not automatically be given a place on the course. That being said I would definitely recommend going through clearing at Kent as you will most likely be able to get a place through there, especially if you just about missed your requirements.

Here is some information on how to apply through clearing - https://www.kent.ac.uk/clearing
You can also browse through the clearing forum on TSR for more information on how to form your plan B

Best of luck with results day! Let me know if you have any questions

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending