The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Big Per has retired from Germany duty. Great for Arsenal but shame really, he could have got to 150 caps easily given that he'll play until he's 35+ at the top level. But he's a World Champion, typically classy timing from the guy.

Poldi should do the same in fairness. Wasn't really involved in the WC. Draxler and Reus are the future of Germany's left wing
Apparently Arsenal are going for Eduardo Vargas..

I will take that.
Original post by sevchenko
Poldi should do the same in fairness. Wasn't really involved in the WC. Draxler and Reus are the future of Germany's left wing

lol, Draxler will be hoping to keep his place in the squad in all honest. Reus is light-years ahead.

Poldi will hang on until they stop picking him, he enjoys it too much. I think he's great for the team spirit though so he'll probably stick around for the next Euros as a bench player.
Original post by Zürich
lol, Draxler will be hoping to keep his place in the squad in all honest. Reus is light-years ahead.

Poldi will hang on until they stop picking him, he enjoys it too much. I think he's great for the team spirit though so he'll probably stick around for the next Euros as a bench player.

Really? I'm not a german football expert but surely Draxler get in the German squad as back up LW.

That does sound like what Poldi would most likely do tbf

Original post by BenAssirati
Apparently Arsenal are going for Eduardo Vargas..

I will take that.

Cavani isn't good enough for Arsenal but Eduardo Vargas is? The reality is that Vargas would struggle to dislodge Sanogo from the bench let alone challenge Giroud
(edited 9 years ago)

Cavani isn't good enough for Arsenal but Eduardo Vargas is? The reality is that Vargas would struggle to dislodge Sanogo from the bench let alone challenge Giroud

Agree here.
Reply 3625
http://youtu.be/67qT5xDylP4

"WOOOOO ****ING OUT OF FORM **** OFF! GET IN THE ****ING NET" hahahahahhahaa!

That bright red face LOL

How could he even watch that game with a plate on his lap

Makes me think of the craziness I've done via celebrations in the past when we get those last minute goals LOL

Can't pin point the craziest tho

Excited as **** for the new season to finally kick off
(edited 9 years ago)

Just let the football hipsters be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
http://youtu.be/67qT5xDylP4

"WOOOOO ****ING OUT OF FORM **** OFF! GET IN THE ****ING NET" hahahahahhahaa!

That bright red face LOL

How could he even watch that game with a plate on his lap

Makes me think of the craziness I've done via celebrations in the past when we get those last minute goals LOL

Can't pin point the craziest tho

Excited as **** for the new season to finally kick off

that goal was beautiful man. that finish tho :coma:

just watched his 4 goals vs liverpool. his finishing in general was just :coma:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3628
Also, Cavani will not happen - it's most probably just bull****.

Wenger will probably get a CDM (possibly a "big name") and a third CB. He's spent £50m+ already and I don't think he'll fork out too much more.

More emphasis has always been put on a CDM so Wenger will probably spend more on just that position - and get a hidden gem for third centre back.

A CDM + a CB till the end of the window is a pretty successful window for us, and if the injury issues can be minimal this season (it seems to have been addressed lets just hope it works) then we can actually go into next season with a lot more optimism than previous years
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3629
Original post by e aí rapaz
btw what happened to 419?

He moved to Norwich with Mangela and lived happily ever after

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? I'm not a german football expert but surely Draxler get in the German squad as back up LW.

That does sound like what Poldi would most likely do tbf

I apologize. I was thinking of the Eduardo Vargas that turned up to the World Cup, and not the Eduardo Vargas that has 0 goals in 19 games for Napoli -_- I am not saying Cavani isn't good enough for Arsenal, I am saying he is not good enough for his price tag. If he were £30m I would say go for him, but at £50m or more he is just not worth it.
bellerin will be the next player to break in to first team tbh
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
bellerin will be the next player to break in to first team tbh

watched a vid of him vs benfica.

he's abysmal defensively. lots of time to learn though and his pace will save him. looks great going forward.

its also a shame how garbage Frimpong turned out to be. If he was any good we would have no DMF crisis right now:unimpressed:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by barneystin
watched a vid of him vs benfica.

he's abysmal defensively. lots of time to learn though and his pace will save him. looks great going forward.

its also a shame how garbage Frimpong turned out to be. If he was any good we would have no DMF crisis right now:unimpressed:

yeah, none of our youth are ready atm but he's deffo a front runner for being the closest.

Frimpong man, his life is so peak;
http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/14/emmanuel-frimpong-hits-new-low-as-sturm-graz-ditch-former-arsenal-man-4832559/

should have just stuck to being lethal bizzles sideman tbh
Reply 3635
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
yeah, none of our youth are ready atm but he's deffo a front runner for being the closest.

Frimpong man, his life is so peak;
http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/14/emmanuel-frimpong-hits-new-low-as-sturm-graz-ditch-former-arsenal-man-4832559/

should have just stuck to being lethal bizzles sideman tbh

The writing was on the door with Barnsley. He still didn't get the message. Given that he had talent, he really must be a colossal moron. Threw it away for the lols. That said, it probably happens to quite a lot of dumb boys before they ever make the Reserves.
Ahh Mourinho taking more shots at Arsene Wenger.
Original post by Kruz

What's he said now?

Really don't get why Mou even started this thing with Wenger, let alone why he's continuing it.
Original post by Kruz

What happened?
Original post by Endless Blue
What's he said now?

Really don't get why Mou even started this thing with Wenger, let alone why he's continuing it.

Original post by TH3-FL45H
What happened?

Mourinho asked if he has to win a trophy this season: "Why? Some managers have 10 years to win something. I have only two?"

I don't remember Arsene saying anything about him recently.

Latest