The Student Room Group

What is the meaning of this quote?

“We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.”

What do you think this quote means? I am using it for an english essay and i need some help.
Original post by Priyanka345
“We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race.”

What do you think this quote means? I am using it for an english essay and i need some help.

What does it mean to you?
Reply 2
Original post by Mr M
What does it mean to you?

I have my own perspectives but its very confusing. I haven't really understood the actual true meaning of it.
I have my own perspectives but its very confusing. I haven't really understood the actual true meaning of it.

Say what you are thinking then? If you really don't have a clue then don't use it.
Here's a quote you can use: "In the canon of literature is there really no better defence of poetry than a vapid line from a movie script? Mr M."
Reply 5
Original post by Mr M
Here's a quote you can use: "In the canon of literature is there really no better defence of poetry than a vapid line from a movie script? Mr M."

okay, so can you give me a quote from a philosopher, a poet or a writer, that expresses the same meaning as what Robin Williams had said?
okay, so can you give me a quote from a philosopher, a poet or a writer, that expresses the same meaning as what Robin Williams had said?

Take your pick.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_poetry.html
Reply 7

I did not find a quote on that website that expressed the same meaning, I think that you should have read through it first. I have already submitted my essay so don't worry.
I did not find a quote on that website that expressed the same meaning, I think that you should have read through it first. I have already submitted my essay so don't worry.

I'm not worried. :tongue:
Original post by Mr M
I'm not worried. :tongue:

What are you doing in the English section? :eek:
Original post by rayquaza17
What are you doing in the English section? :eek:

Annoying people apparently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending