The Student Room Group

bit of advice? !! dont know what to do

Basically I flunked my a levels but i still got accepted straight away into uni for my english literaire course and I know I just got lucky with the government caps being lifted etc so i just scraped in probably. Anyway i got a c in as biology a c in a2 english language, a b in literture and an e for geography. I dont want to make excuses for myself but i had some personal issues didnt have my priortes right and my head was a mess all year now i have left i have grown up a lot and sorted some issues out. Even though i got accepted into uni im still ashamed and dissapointed of my results nad know i coukd have done sooo much better. So the question is should i resit if college lets me? Or go straight to uni and work my best?
It would annoy me going back to college but i know a year will fly by and i dont want these grades to bug me for ages as i already get enough confidence problems
Resit the examinations if you feel you can strive for success, but you will have to consume you time with priorities concerning studies, especially your weakness. Would you want to acquire straight As for all your examinations? If so, then click on this link for additional informations concerning studies only: http://www.quora.com/How-can-I-become-a-straight-A-student I hope this helps, and my tips for straight As are correlated to these factors provided in the link with some slight differences. Good luck. Also, what university have you applied for?
Original post by inachigeek21
Resit the examinations if you feel you can strive for success, but you will have to consume you time with priorities concerning studies, especially your weakness. Would you want to acquire straight As for all your examinations? If so, then click on this link for additional informations concerning studies only: http://www.quora.com/How-can-I-become-a-straight-A-student I hope this helps, and my tips for straight As are correlated to these factors provided in the link with some slight differences. Good luck. Also, what university have you applied for?

Leeds met ,got through though and im not sure if college would let me resit because of that and the thought resitting annoys me and my dad an everyone else is annyed at me wanting to resit and telling me to go
As an individual, I believe that you have the potential to endeavour in your studies, to reach better grades; you seem better than the grades you have acquired from your examinations. But it is up to you if you want to resit. Ask your college to be reassured on the matter if you can resist your examinations. On the contrary, would you actually want to go to Leeds met for further studies?
Original post by inachigeek21
As an individual, I believe that you have the potential to endeavour in your studies, to reach better grades; you seem better than the grades you have acquired from your examinations. But it is up to you if you want to resit. Ask your college to be reassured on the matter if you can resist your examinations. On the contrary, would you actually want to go to Leeds met for further studies?

my career ambitions were never anything hugely academic finance,law etc more media or teaching perhaps but is leeds met a good uni? I never considered myself getting into a higher one and leeds seemed good and in a lively city
I am in a bit of a similar situation. I was really annoyed with one of my results as I missed my offer for pharmacy as I got a C in chemistry but then eventually got accepted into my 1st choice due to extenuating circumstances- like you I am very disappointed and was considering retaking the year but then thought that I have the opportunity to go to the university of my choice, and I dont want to get bogged down in retaking the year when it was, like you partially due to personal circumstances.
The past is the past and as long as you know that in your heart you could have done better, if that gives you the drive to work really hard at university then go for it. I believe that sometimes you just have to move on- for me it is certainly going to make me work much harder and buck up my game and also to start a new life away from an unhealthy personal situation.
For most once you have got to university your A-level grades matter less, and if they are vital for a job application then you can always do them at night school. The most important things are drive, enthusiasm, determination and experience. Do what you feel you need to in your heart but dont be disheartened by your results- use them as a learning curve. Remember you've got into the uni you wanted to go to. Hope thats helped a bit. Good luck
Original post by theartangel
I am in a bit of a similar situation. I was really annoyed with one of my results as I missed my offer for pharmacy as I got a C in chemistry but then eventually got accepted into my 1st choice due to extenuating circumstances- like you I am very disappointed and was considering retaking the year but then thought that I have the opportunity to go to the university of my choice, and I dont want to get bogged down in retaking the year when it was, like you partially due to personal circumstances.
The past is the past and as long as you know that in your heart you could have done better, if that gives you the drive to work really hard at university then go for it. I believe that sometimes you just have to move on- for me it is certainly going to make me work much harder and buck up my game and also to start a new life away from an unhealthy personal situation.
For most once you have got to university your A-level grades matter less, and if they are vital for a job application then you can always do them at night school. The most important things are drive, enthusiasm, determination and experience. Do what you feel you need to in your heart but dont be disheartened by your results- use them as a learning curve. Remember you've got into the uni you wanted to go to. Hope thats helped a bit. Good luck

Thank you im slowing getting over it and determined to do really well at uni college for me was a toxic environment which with my own issues dragged me down more so im glad to get away from it, i never knew the night courses were available before but ill consider it, anyway I know that work experience and other skills/ matter aswell so im gonna work on them, and if employers ask I admit I screwed up
good luck to you too! X
Original post by annabell2014
Thank you im slowing getting over it and determined to do really well at uni college for me was a toxic environment which with my own issues dragged me down more so im glad to get away from it, i never knew the night courses were available before but ill consider it, anyway I know that work experience and other skills/ matter aswell so im gonna work on them, and if employers ask I admit I screwed up
good luck to you too! X

Are you thinking of just going to university?
Original post by theartangel
Are you thinking of just going to university?

Its looking that way my family and friends are all telling me to go aswell as my teachers as they think resitting would be stupid, mu dad especially doesnt like the idea. There is also the chance college wont let me back as ive already got into uni...

Quick Reply

Latest