The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1280
Original post by fallen_acorns
32pt hit?? thats 9 players :eek:

Yh I transferred 1 player 4 times.

could you not do this all more slowly, to avoid hits?

I actually like the player I want to get in this time. So I don't mind the point hit :biggrin:
Original post by Qari
was saving it for a later time. I did quite a lot of transfers in the first half of the season. Only slowed down/stopped when FPL cup started

I never get why people are so happy to take points hits! The only time I will ever take a points hit is if in week 1 some of my players aren't playing or later in the season when there is a double gameweek. Past that it is just not worth it, it is so unlikely that 1 transfer will gain you more than 4 points, it is usually better to stick with the guy getting 2 a game.
Reply 1282
Original post by Alex Doran
I never get why people are so happy to take points hits! The only time I will ever take a points hit is if in week 1 some of my players aren't playing or later in the season when there is a double gameweek. Past that it is just not worth it, it is so unlikely that 1 transfer will gain you more than 4 points, it is usually better to stick with the guy getting 2 a game.

The guy I want is someone I like/interested in. So IMO he's worth the point hit
Original post by Qari

Out of interest, who is it you want?
Reply 1284
Original post by King Hotpie
Out of interest, who is it you want?

De Jong. Had him before he got injured. For some reason I think he's going to do something either him or Cabella but I've gone for him :tongue:
Original post by Qari

Odds are De Jong won't even start the next game and it doesn't matter how much you like him. If you liked him that much, he would have been in your original team.
1 game has not turned the season on its head and those who were good picks 48 hours ago, still are (with the exception of non starters, injuries or bans.) So someone had 1 poor game, it's not an excuse to drop them and take a 4+ points hit. IMO people should never make a transfer before the friday (unless values are defo changing like Siggy tonight) because things like injuries can occur throughout the week. Chelsea haven't even played yet, what is Costa/Luis/Hazard breaks his leg, it is now a points hit to replace him.
People are so ready to dive into changes now because their striker didn't score instantly or because Berahino scored twice, very little has changed in the last 48 hours and jumping into transfers tonight is not the answer to a poor first week.
(After re reading this I realised it came across quite harsh. It was not supposed to be all directed at you, it just annoys me when people have spent weeks planning their teams and then they change there teams because someone had 1 bad game.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1286
Odds are De Jong won't even start the next game and it doesn't matter how much you like him. If you liked him that much, he would have been in your original team.
1 game has not turned the season on its head and those who were good picks 48 hours ago, still are (with the exception of non starters, injuries or bans.) So someone had 1 poor game, it's not an excuse to drop them and take a 4+ points hit. IMO people should never make a transfer before the friday (unless values are defo changing like Siggy tonight) because things like injuries can occur throughout the week. Chelsea haven't even played yet, what is Costa/Luis/Hazard breaks his leg, it is now a points hit to replace him.
People are so ready to dive into changes now because their striker didn't score instantly or because Berahino scored twice, very little has changed in the last 48 hours and jumping into transfers tonight is not the answer to a poor first week.
(After re reading this I realised it came across quite harsh. It was not supposed to be all directed at you, it just annoys me when people have spent weeks planning their teams and then they change there teams because someone had 1 bad game.)

I hvnt got De Jong yet I'm waiting till Friday. I got rid of Cameron who wasn't even in line up and got Sigurdsson for Lamela
Confused why people picked Lamela? Expensive and unproven.

Loving how Sigurdsson was overlooked by many and also on the bench of most people who had picked him. Odd.
x

Agree with what your saying but I guess it's only natural. Absolutely right though, and happens pretty much every single week, first week or not :tongue:

Annoyed by having Chester on the bench (15) but I was never realistically going to play him so I won't be too annoyed with myself. Praying Cahill is injured in the warm up though :wink:
Original post by Gob Bluth
Confused why people picked Lamela? Expensive and unproven.

Loving how Sigurdsson was overlooked by many and also on the bench of most people who had picked him. Odd.

United were supposed to be good this season, the plan was for him to have an uneventful first game then explode into action next week!
When will the prices get updated? Hoping Puncheon sees a nice price drop due to his red card, I reckon if he's cheap enough he could be a shrewd purchase once he returns from suspension
Reply 1291
Original post by khalidpatel
49 with hazard, costa and Cahill to play

Posted from TSR Mobile

49 with Costa, Cahill and Courtois to Play
What's your rank?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the starting Spurs defence? I need an option to swap out Davies!
Original post by King Hotpie
When will the prices get updated? Hoping Puncheon sees a nice price drop due to his red card, I reckon if he's cheap enough he could be a shrewd purchase once he returns from suspension

In the early hours each morning.

What is the starting Spurs defence? I need an option to swap out Davies!

Difficult to know with so many options, Vert coming back in, midweek game etc.
Lol add me to this little wizard ffs
What is the code? I missed out by like 2 minutes in gameweek one so couldn't enter my team. Don't really mind starting a gameweek down to be honest. It's only really going to effect me.
Team Name: Baines On Toast XI

:smile:
Team name: Olof's Beard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1298
Original post by Sanctimonious
What is the code? I missed out by like 2 minutes in gameweek one so couldn't enter my team. Don't really mind starting a gameweek down to be honest. It's only really going to effect me.

as long as you made your account before gameweek 1 it doesnt matter
HOW IS LUIS NOT PLAYING????? Why the **** would they spend like £20m on a ****ING left back and then not even play him??????????? This happened yesterday with Ben Davies as well. Who spends that much on a substitute left back? WHY!!!!! Genuinely so annoyed about this, what am I supposed to do now? I need regular starters in my team and already that is 2 of my players who aren't!!!!!! I am so against taking a points hit this early but I am starting to think I might have to. They both have such easy games next week, about as close to a guaranteed clean sheet as possible.

Quick Reply

Latest