The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TH3-FL45H
But 20% is better than 17%?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is just fed up with Giroud, I really am!!

I knew this summer would flop and if we don't get a ST or DM it will, we haven't addressed the main issues in our team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If we can sell Arteta and Giroud (meaning we can get new players in), I'd personally drive them to their new clubs.
Original post by Tom_Ford
If we can sell Arteta and Giroud (meaning we can get new players in), I'd personally drive them to their new clubs.

Lol sadly that won't happen, Arsene likes Giroud for some reason and Arteta foolishly has been made captain, we are stuck with them. If Giroud's awful showing in Turkey wasn't enough to show AW that he isn't anywhere near the standard of what we require, the I don't know what will.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Lol sadly that won't happen, Arsene likes Giroud for some reason and Arteta foolishly has been made captain, we are stuck with them. If Giroud's awful showing in Turkey wasn't enough to show AW that he isn't anywhere near the standard of what we require, the I don't know what will.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wenger is gay with both with them. It's the only logical explanation. They are exchanging sexual favours for games.
Reply 4504
I was optimistic about this season after we made our four signigns but now I'm sceptical to say the least.There's no hope in hell we are winning the league with Giroud and SaNOGOAL with our main strikers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Giroud can stay but as 3rd choice. Seriously he shouldn't be starting for us ever. I can't stand players who can't finish, never mind poor finishers who are also lazy or can't be bothered.

We need a striker urgently and Campbell needs to actually play. I have no idea why AW hasn't learnt how crap carzola is on the wing.
Reply 4506

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really beggining to feel like **** about this window now - but I'll control the emotions until the end :frown:

Remember when Liverpool & Chelsea were signing players before the World Cup we were all feeling like this too.. Then Wenger goes out & buys Sanchez Chambers, Debuchy & Ospina.

I still got a glimmer of hope that he'll sign a CDM & a CB.. Maybe a striker

Eh, who am I kidding.

Lol icba peggles!
For what it's worth, balotelli is great at set pieces, could do the job there.
Plus with the right midfield behind him feeding him the ball he'd be an upgrade and a half on Giroud as you'd presumably agree with.
Original post by SHOO
Really beggining to feel like **** about this window now - but I'll control the emotions until the end :frown:

Remember when Liverpool & Chelsea were signing players before the World Cup we were all feeling like this too.. Then Wenger goes out & buys Sanchez Chambers, Debuchy & Ospina.

I still got a glimmer of hope that he'll sign a CDM & a CB.. Maybe a striker

Eh, who am I kidding.

This window was too good to be true, we were sold a dream.

Wenger went out and bought players to replace the outgoing ones plus Sanchez, didn't address the DM or ST situation.

The hope will kill you, Arsene said a few weeks ago he expects to be busy in the last 2 weeks of the window, another possible trolley dash. Just hope the players are of a better standard than Park and Santos!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's age...it's finally getting to the old man.

Bless.
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Giroud can stay but as 3rd choice. Seriously he shouldn't be starting for us ever. I can't stand players who can't finish, never mind poor finishers who are also lazy or can't be bothered.

We need a striker urgently and Campbell needs to actually play. I have no idea why AW hasn't learnt how crap carzola is on the wing.

Don't get me wrong Giroud would be a brilliant 2nd/3rd choice, but as 1at choice be is awful. He is without a doubt the wits starting ST, I have seen for Arsenal in my lifetime. I'd go as far as saying Bendtner is better than him, he's just a **** with a massive ego.

I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell was sold on deadline day. Arsene is stubborn, once he's set in his ways, it will take a lot for him to change his mind. For all of this talk of Jack being out of form, so is Santi and he has been for quite some time, the Ox should be starting instead of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This window was too good to be true, we were sold a dream.

Wenger went out and bought players to replace the outgoing ones plus Sanchez, didn't address the DM or ST situation.

The hope will kill you, Arsene said a few weeks ago he expects to be busy in the last 2 weeks of the window, another possible trolley dash. Just hope the players are of a better standard than Park and Santos!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh Arsenal aren't really in a troublesome situation. You should get through vs Ba and co unfortunately. Also there are strikers available for the right price. Falcao e.g. would come to you guys if you broke the bank. Real Madrid will have somebody. Illaramendi on loan would be a good signing for the DM position as he's going to struggle to get gametime at Madrid. Heck even put a clause to buy outright like 25-30M. He'll be better than Arteta plus would like to see him to be replaced with a fellow basque. The basque region sure knows how to make good DMs. :moon:

Heck i won't be surprised if he does something like this. He's probably on the phone to Ancelotti right now trying to loan him out as we speak. It makes so much sense for it not to happen.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I think it's age...it's finally getting to the old man.

Bless.

Alzheimer's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't get me wrong Giroud would be a brilliant 2nd/3rd choice, but as 1at choice be is awful. He is without a doubt the wits starting ST, I have seen for Arsenal in my lifetime. I'd go as far as saying Bendtner is better than him, he's just a **** with a massive ego.

I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell was sold on deadline day. Arsene is stubborn, once he's set in his ways, it will take a lot for him to change his mind. For all of this talk of Jack being out of form, so is Santi and he has been for quite some time, the Ox should be starting instead of him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couldn't agree more. I have no idea with Ox isn't starting. It begs the question, why did AW choose Santi over Cesc
Why is there so much turmoil on this thread. You're not even in trouble. It's been a sideways window but your team will improve it's performances as it's a young squad... It's what got you a good season last year.
Original post by Complex Simplicity
Couldn't agree more. I have no idea with Ox isn't starting. It begs the question, why did AW choose Santi over Cesc

Pride.

I have no doubt in my mind, if we didn't have Ozil, we'd have Cesc. But Arsene wasn't prepared to get Cesc, because ultimately it would look as though signing Ozil was a mistake.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Won't be surprised :colonhash:

Ffs balo tells sky Italia that "This is my last day at AC Milan" #SSN
Original post by jam278
Why is there so much turmoil on this thread. You're not even in trouble. It's been a sideways window but your team will improve it's performances as it's a young squad... It's what got you a good season last year.

Very simple, we need a ST and DM, and have needed so for about 2 years now! This team won't go any further if we stay as we are, 3rd at best. The goalposts have moved, CFC and MCFC have gotten even further away, and a ST and DM are required to really close that gap.

Any team with Old Man Mikel as a DM and that French Pony up front will not win the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278

Don't give me that crap!
It hurts man, it's easy when you're team is making all the right signings and all, favourites to win the league. It's all rainbows and sunshine in chelsealand. We're just here taking one step forward and two steps back. Same nonsense every year. But I'll take my own advice and wait then see.

Rant over :smile:
Reply 4519
Original post by jam278

In fairness who wouldn't be in turmoil after losing 17-4 in the top 3 away games.

Latest