The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4620
Original post by Peggles_*
@DeanLDN22

This needs to be true!! No more Giroud and Arteta please AW!

Curiousity kills!
Original post by baconbutty
id keep sanchez on the right for now i think whoever is on the left will come in for criticism because we rarely attack down the left no matter whos playing there. I'd probably go for work rate on the left so chamberlain would probs be the best option

if we try and impose the same **** slow tempo game we've attempted vs palace and beskitas we'll lose vs everton i'd probably be in favour of a

back 5
flamini ramsey
sanchez ozil chambo
giroud

ozil needs to play because wilshere whilst looking tidy on the ball and not really doing a whole lot wrong in terms of giving it away is offering nothing offensively and his intelligence in the final 3rd is non-existant

i dont rate flamini at all personally but at least he accepts his limitations and distributes the ball pretty quickly.

work rate is also essential on the left hand side monreal will be targeted again like last season. he can also drift inside to help if naismith drops deep to make it a 4 in midfield again. We were overun last time and wenger surely wont make the same mistake again. people can say what they want about arteta but he can't cover for 2 players making runs beyond him from deep. so the tactical setup needs work and if wenger produces the same lineup as he has the last 2 games surely he needs to go. barkley being out is a bonus whilst he offers absolutely no tactical intelligence and end product himself his mobility is a problem in terms of dragging our midfield out of position

Yeah I agree. Flamini has a bit more mobility than Arteta and I think facing an everton midfield you need to be combative as they have a lot of power and strength there. No Barkley will probably put the game in your favour though.

Wilshere is really lacking in end product which is a shame. He's not an engine either, it feels like he should be influencing the game 30 yards up the pitch than where he currently is. Will be harder than getting past a midfield like that but I think he needs to release the ball quicker and push up into more advanced areas. He'll get his chance vs Besiktas at home so we'll see how he does.

Wenger just seems to trust players and put on the team that looks the best but not the team that is the best for a match. Hence him putting Cazorla out of position over Chamberlain.
So Balotelli to Liverpool. All these strikers leaving the market. Wenger thinks Giroud can lead us to the title. I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4623
Original post by Webster2002
So Balotelli to Liverpool. All these strikers leaving the market. Wenger thinks Giroud can lead us to the title. I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

AW made it clear from the start that he was never interested in Balo.. And that it was a "myth"
Alexis will play CF eventually, Wegner said it himself. We're pretty well stocked up front to be honest.
Original post by danielnkwocha
Alexis will play CF eventually, Wegner said it himself. We're pretty well stocked up front to be honest.

giroud - nothing needs to be said
sanogo - not ready
campbell - good prospect, but not ready yet
sanchez - not his best position
walcott - not his best position
podolski - past it

so yes, there are a lot of players who can play that position.. but are they good enough?

compared to:

aguaro, dzeko, negredo, jovetic

RVP, rooney, welbeck

Costa, drogba, torres,

strridge, balotelli, lambert..

out of the top 5 teams, we are easily weakest in terms of strikers, and if that does not make wenger want to improve the area, then he has lost it
Willing to bet if we qualify for the Champions League this year Wenger will reveal a large name signing a few days after. He said that he is 'willing to do anything' to qualify, and we probably have a few names who want guaranteed CL football before they join.

Not happy with Balotelli to Liverpool, he will be good for them.
Reply 4627
Original post by e aí rapaz
Yeah come on guys no need to rub insult in her wounds now

Lmfao killed me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fallen_acorns

x

Yes we could do with strengthening, but the more pressing concerns of a defensive midfielder and a 4th choice CB come first.
Reply 4629
Soooooooooooo when we were linked to Balotelli, he would have flopped

Now Liverpool have signed him & well.. Just go look LOL
Reply 4630
Ballotelli would have been good for us but he is not the answer to Giroud

Liverpool only bought him as back up to studge so you can't even laugh at them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
Soooooooooooo when we were linked to Balotelli, he would have flopped

Now Liverpool have signed him & well.. Just go look LOL

Lol shouldn't be surprised, that's always the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waiting for Chelsea to announce they have signed Balotelli in the next 48 hours :moon:
Yes we could do with strengthening, but the more pressing concerns of a defensive midfielder and a 4th choice CB come first.

on our budget, its perfectly possible to do it all..
Original post by fallen_acorns
on our budget, its perfectly possible to do it all..

Who would you sign as a striker? And conversely, who would you drop? Pretty sure we're close to the 25 man limit now.
Balotelli is a garbage signing for Liverpool and is not good enough for Arsenal. He averages a goal every 340 minutes from open play, poorest conversion rate in Europe and would not fit our system at all. All it takes is an offside decision, wrong call or constant man-marking to frustrate him and he will drop his work-rate and offer nothing at all for the team. Pathetic attitude for a footballer, would fit Liverpool quite well.

I can't believe some of you are so desperate that you would consider Balotelli, thinking that Arsene is some father figure that can miraculously cure all personality disorders a footballer can have. For the record if we wanted him, we would have got him, but there's a good reason why we didn't. He's worse than Le Sulk.
Balloteli and Suarez would be an amazing combo for liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4637
What in irritatingly unproductive and negative day.

This time next week should be better :bban:
Cavani news picking up again.
Who would you sign as a striker? And conversely, who would you drop? Pretty sure we're close to the 25 man limit now.

Drop:

(from that list above)

Podolski - I love the guy, but he is past it, and should move on..
(Loan) - Sanogo. send him away to get game-time, and see how he progresses.

As for who to purchase..

Personally I would have taken balotelli earlier in the summer.. I would have also taken mandzukic as well for his price tag..

As for who is left, well, its impossible for any of us to say, but if curcumstances allow it (PSG buy di maria for instance) then cavani could be an option.. Falcao has been gossiped to be open for a loan, and there were those rumours about Reus.. especially considering he apparently rejected personal terms with united (Implying dortmund were open to offers atleast, if it got to personal terms)

He would never be allowed to come to arsenal, but I would have also taken lukaku in a heart beat..

Its all speculation, but there have been decent strikers move this window, that could have helped to strengthen our attacking line up

Latest