The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Biochemistry Queen Mary's 2014 applicants

Couldn't find any biochemistry QMUL 2014 threads so decided to make one to get to know some people :biggrin:
Are there any 2014 biochemistry QMUL students on the internet ???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I'm doing biochemistry! Has anyone received any emails from Queen Mary since results day, my UCAS has confirmed my place, but I haven't personally heard from the uni itself yet, has anyone else??
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Enn21
Hey, I'm doing biochemistry! Has anyone received any emails from Queen Mary since results day, my UCAS has confirmed my place, but I haven't personally heard from the uni itself yet, has anyone else??

I'm doing Biochemistry too :biggrin:

I've had a few emails like the 'Pre-Enrolment' one (plus accommodation/confirmation of offer - applied through clearing)...you should've got that one?
Reply 3
Original post by Tappouni
I'm doing Biochemistry too :biggrin:

I've had a few emails like the 'Pre-Enrolment' one (plus accommodation/confirmation of offer - applied through clearing)...you should've got that one?

I received an email from UCAS confirming my place and one from QM yesterday about a survey, was your confirmation one from UCAS or QM? And I held a unconditional offer, so maybe that's why I didn't get that one yet? I'm not too sure >_<
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Enn21
I received an email from UCAS confirming my place and one from QM yesterday about a survey, was your confirmation one from UCAS or QM? And I held a unconditional offer, so maybe that's why I didn't get that one yet? I'm not too sure >_<

Oh yeah I got that one about the Transitions 2014 survey yesterday, but earlier yesterday I got an email from QM saying 'Online pre-enrolment now available!' - you should've still got that one unless you're somehow already on the system? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Oh yeah I got that one about the Transitions 2014 survey yesterday, but earlier yesterday I got an email from QM saying 'Online pre-enrolment now available!' - you should've still got that one unless you're somehow already on the system? :s-smilie:

Okay I have it now finally!!! Phew! Like every email from QM is coming through to me now! Have you applied for your student finance? Will you be staying at Halls?
Reply 6
Original post by Enn21
Okay I have it now finally!!! Phew! Like every email from QM is coming through to me now! Have you applied for your student finance? Will you be staying at Halls?

Haha mine came over Sunday - Monday, even got an email with the Library ID lol :P

Yeah I'd applied for it back in March but because I'm not going to my firm, had to change it with Student Finance - takes about 10 days apparently, so that's alright :smile:

I'm still in limbo with accommodation - submitted the application Sunday, and heard nothing since, but I've not been kicked out the system, so there's maybe still hope :biggrin:

Are you in halls?
Reply 7
I'm going to Queen Mary but I've deferred my entry. I really want to change my course from English Lit to Biochemistry!

Which A levels did you take to get in?
Reply 8
Haha mine came over Sunday - Monday, even got an email with the Library ID lol :P

Yeah I'd applied for it back in March but because I'm not going to my firm, had to change it with Student Finance - takes about 10 days apparently, so that's alright :smile:

I'm still in limbo with accommodation - submitted the application Sunday, and heard nothing since, but I've not been kicked out the system, so there's maybe still hope :biggrin:

Are you in halls?

Yeah I'm in the same situation with student finance I'm still waiting for them to send a new notification letter as QM was my insurance! Did you receive the invoice email? About the fees? I'm confused on what I should do :frown:
Reply 9
Is QM called queen Mary and Westfield college on student finance, can someone confirm this for me pleaseeee
Original post by Enn21
Yeah I'm in the same situation with student finance I'm still waiting for them to send a new notification letter as QM was my insurance! Did you receive the invoice email? About the fees? I'm confused on what I should do :frown:

Yeah I changed it online as I ended up applying through clearing (it's Queen Mary & Westfield College - the old name apparently), then phoned them up to ask how long it'd take (said some changes may take up to 6 weeks!) and was told it'd be about 10 working days so that's fine :smile:

I did get the invoice email - all we've got to do is take the Student Finance Entitlement letter with us when we enrol :smile:

Really looking forward to starting uni :P
Original post by HAnwar
I'm going to Queen Mary but I've deferred my entry. I really want to change my course from English Lit to Biochemistry!

Which A levels did you take to get in?

Maths, Bio, Chem and German - I think Chemistry was the only actually essential one, but doing biology is obviously helpful :smile:
Reply 12
Maths, Bio, Chem and German - I think Chemistry was the only actually essential one, but doing biology is obviously helpful :smile:

I think I better do an intensive one year course of Chemistry A level then in my gap year! I really want to study this course!
Original post by HAnwar
I think I better do an intensive one year course of Chemistry A level then in my gap year! I really want to study this course!

A year's pretty tight time but good luck with it! It's a good course, can't wait to start :P
Reply 14
Yeah I changed it online as I ended up applying through clearing (it's Queen Mary & Westfield College - the old name apparently), then phoned them up to ask how long it'd take (said some changes may take up to 6 weeks!) and was told it'd be about 10 working days so that's fine :smile:

I did get the invoice email - all we've got to do is take the Student Finance Entitlement letter with us when we enrol :smile:

Really looking forward to starting uni :P

I can't wait either! Have you seen this timetable?

http://www.sbcs.qmul.ac.uk/Documents/welcome/137356.pdf

I'm so going to get lost! I'm not sure if it's compulsory for us to attend all these events, do you know anything about it? 😁
Original post by Enn21
I can't wait either! Have you seen this timetable?

http://www.sbcs.qmul.ac.uk/Documents/welcome/137356.pdf

I'm so going to get lost! I'm not sure if it's compulsory for us to attend all these events, do you know anything about it? 😁

Where's that from? Haven't seen that...thanks for the link :P I'm guessing they'll prefer it if we went, but they're probably just induction talks about what we cover in the course and stuff like that? :/
Reply 16
Where's that from? Haven't seen that...thanks for the link :P I'm guessing they'll prefer it if we went, but they're probably just induction talks about what we cover in the course and stuff like that? :/

I would have expected them to email us that!! I found it on the induction website, we would have been clueless about this!

I found it here,

http://www.sbcs.qmul.ac.uk/welcome/

Btw have you booked an appointment for enrolment or are you enrolling on the 17th? :smile:
Original post by Enn21
I would have expected them to email us that!! I found it on the induction website, we would have been clueless about this!

I found it here,

http://www.sbcs.qmul.ac.uk/welcome/

Btw have you booked an appointment for enrolment or are you enrolling on the 17th? :smile:

Yeah I'd have thought they'd email that! Other faculties seem to have sent emails out but ours doesn't seem to have (yet) :L

Not sure really...I've got to wait till August 27th to see if I've got a place in halls or not, and if I've got a place I'll probably do it early, but if not, might just do it on the 17th :smile:
Reply 18
Yeah I'd have thought they'd email that! Other faculties seem to have sent emails out but ours doesn't seem to have (yet) :L

Not sure really...I've got to wait till August 27th to see if I've got a place in halls or not, and if I've got a place I'll probably do it early, but if not, might just do it on the 17th :smile:

Oh good luck! I live like 50 mins to an hour away by bus so I'm living at home as they said no to halls in my case lool
Reply 19
A year's pretty tight time but good luck with it! It's a good course, can't wait to start :P

Lol yeah it is, but I'm determined. Thanks, have fun!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending