The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5880
**** off.

How the **** did this even make sky sports? Out of all the ****ing rumours, this one is apparently to more likely to happen. A 33 year old ****ing free agent who's just left Birmingham.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9442911/transfer-news-nikola-zigics-agent-confirms-arsenals-interest

"An experienced head with a proven record at the highest level is being sought, and 33-year-old Serbian Zigic would appear to fit the bill."

I think two seasons ago Wenger said that if we needed Falcao, we have the resourses to sign him. I have nooooo idea what a need to sign Falcao is if it's not the situation we're in.

Becoming really frustrated now, more so because this Zigic transfer seems likely.

**** this.
I'm curious to know, if we do indeed end up with Zigic and Song on loan, who will be changing their position and opinion on Arsene?

Mine never has, was furious when he was given the new deal and I'm furious now because once again he has ignored the failings of the squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal should just break the bank to get Cavani! - Only thing to say if we want to challenge for the title and get CL next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We're not signing Zigic lads :lol:
Reply 5884
Original post by SHOO
**** off.

How the **** did this even make sky sports? Out of all the ****ing rumours, this one is apparently to more likely to happen. A 33 year old ****ing free agent who's just left Birmingham.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9442911/transfer-news-nikola-zigics-agent-confirms-arsenals-interest

"An experienced head with a proven record at the highest level is being sought, and 33-year-old Serbian Zigic would appear to fit the bill."

I think two seasons ago Wenger said that if we needed Falcao, we have the resourses to sign him. I have nooooo idea what a need to sign Falcao is if it's not the situation we're in.

Becoming really frustrated now, more so because this Zigic transfer seems likely.

**** this.

Scrap that last post actually, I don't think we'll get him 🙊

Well I hope not.

Wenger has something planned, something huge :/ he must do lolol
Original post by SHOO
**** off.

**** this.

This would be such a poverty signing, bmt why is Arsene such a pensioner?! SPEND THE DAMN MONEY!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5886
Original post by Peggles_*
This would be such a poverty signing, bmt why is Arsene such a pensioner?! SPEND THE DAMN MONEY!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you think the board gives him the freedom to do so? Or do they and he actually doesn't?

It's all rumoured both ways, who knows eh
Wenger spoke last year about the austerity and "survival" period as coming to an end. He followed that with an FA Cup and Community shield. That's a sign of progress given how long we went without winning anything. Regardless of who we do or do not sign, I will happily see if we can continue that progress this season. If not, then you can ask me about whether Wenger should stay or go.
worried? not even once.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Wenger spoke last year about the austerity and "survival" period as coming to an end. He followed that with an FA Cup and Community shield. That's a sign of progress given how long we went without winning anything. Regardless of who we do or do not sign, I will happily see if we can continue that progress this season. If not, then you can ask me about whether Wenger should stay or go.

An FA cup in 10 years is not progress a top club is bound to win it at least once over a 10 year period for **** sake we've got next to **** all net spend again and have gone in to the season with a bang average team

Race for 4th 11 years in a row

A combined arsenal chelsea team tells me this

Courtious
Ivanovic kosc terry azpi
Matic fabregas
Walcott ozil hazard
Costa

3 players for **** sake and city are probably even stronger than chelsea this is a ****ing shambles and I can't wait for that **** wenger to **** off id rather have moyes
Zigic is like a poor man's bendtner... that's saying a lot.
Original post by baconbutty
An FA cup in 10 years is not progress a top club is bound to win it at least once over a 10 year period for **** sake we've got next to **** all net spend again and have gone in to the season with a bang average team

Courtious
Ivanovic kosc terry azpi
Matic fabregas
Walcott ozil hazard
Costa

3 players for **** sake and city are probably even stronger than chelsea this is a ****ing shambles and I can't wait for that **** wenger to **** off id rather have moyes

gibbs > azpi/filipe luis

/discussion
i dont even think you guys have seen zigic play. he can't use his feet at all. no exaggeration.

this is just pure bs from his agent.

Courtious
Ivanovic kosc terry azpi
Matic fabregas
Walcott ozil hazard
Costa

As if people are being worked up by Zigic rumours. A player released by Birmingham. Clearly his agent trying to drum up interest, or somebody pretending to be his agent.
Redknapp is older than Wenger. Mind blown.

Courtious
Ivanovic kosc terry azpi
Matic fabregas
Walcott ozil hazard
Costa

I actually agree with you there.
A great team like arsenal should have more than they do in the last decade.
However, let's not forget that their trophy was last season; who's to say it couldn't be the first of several to come in the next few years?

With the arsenal-Chelsea merge, I agree except that I'd still have Cahill over koscielny (both quality CBs in my opinion though)
Wouldn't even put Sanchez in there on his current form, although I'm sure he'll get better .
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Sanchez, Benetia, Eto'o etc

I really hope you're joking.

What, Benatia to Bayern and Eto'o to Everton? Fair enough.
Original post by Arkasia
What, Benatia to Bayern and Eto'o to Everton? Fair enough.

Yes, people on twitter seem to trust him too but still wouldn't believe everything though, must be taken with a pinch of salt.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Yes, people on twitter seem to trust him too but still wouldn't believe everything though, must be taken with a pinch of salt.

The Benatia deal and the Di Maria deal were kind of obvious, but the Eto'o deal seemed out of the blue to me. This guy might actually be legitimate, or perhaps he just made a few informed guesses.

Latest