The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peggles_*
As happy as I am Calum has been called up for England, he shouldn't be. Young English players need to stop being fast tracked into the senior team and be given time to grow, because when they don't hit the ground running, they get slaughtered. Couple good games and you get a call up, state of English football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

the state of the squad thats just been named is depressing, or it would be if I actually cared. you can't do much when you have hodgson calling the shots though.
Sokratis Papastathopoulos- Greek international Borrussia Dortmund Centre Back. He's got some great physicality about him.

Know it's late news but we've put a bid in for him according to SSN.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Sokratis Papastathopoulos- Greek international Borrussia Dortmund Centre Back. He's got some great physicality about him.

Know it's late news but we've put a bid in for him according to SSN.

Can't wait to see Paul Merson try and pronounce that...
Original post by EmperorMustard
Can't wait to see Paul Merson try and pronounce that...

Haha the guy can't even get Cazorla right.
Would be happy with the defence situation if we get him. Could push mertesacker for a first team spot IMO.
Reply 6325
He gets called Sokratis or Papa, so the pronunciation shouldn't be an issue; however, no chance that will happen imo. BVB can't afford letting a CB go, especially not the only currently matchfit one, and they'd never sell him for the reported €15M. That sum would be (and is) ridiculous for Sokratis.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qua
He gets called Sokratis or Papa, so the pronunciation shouldn't be an issue; however, no chance that will happen imo. BVB can't afford letting a CB go, especially not the only currently matchfit one, and they'd never sell him for the reported €15M. That sum would be (and is) ridiculous for Sokratis.

That would only be an initial bid. If we are seriously interested there will be an improved offer made that is closer to their valuation.
Can we not just put most of the CL qualification towards getting Falcao on loan FFS.
Original post by junaid95
Can we not just put most of the CL qualification towards getting Falcao on loan FFS.

And you think for a second that Real will let that happen?
Original post by Stalin
And you think for a second that Real will let that happen?

Pretty sure that Real would have already gone for him had they wanted to...
Original post by junaid95
Pretty sure that Real would have already gone for him had they wanted to...

The same could have been said for us and Ozil.

--------

We could face one of Borussia Dortmund, Juventus or Paris Saint-Germain; either Bayer Leverkusen or Athletic Bilbao; and either Roma or Monaco.

Something tells me we'll get Olympiakos and Galatasaray :colonhash:
I wanna face Schalke Monaco and Ajax
Reply 6332
Ibra returns to training, if that gives anyone a glimmer of hope with regards to Cavani

I'm so scared we won't have a competent striker :frown:
Reply 6333
barca vs PSG ! glad we avoided psg

city and munich
Reply 6334
dortmund again !
Reply 6335
Oh **** off man

**** right off
3 times in the last 4 years!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol liverpool have to play Real Madrid