The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
I would assume player prices have already changed so we shouldn't see a difference before the next GW in a few weeks, but not 100% on that

My team is apparently worth 100.6m.
Could've probably been better if I had been a little cleverer; I've wasted 0.2m by being stupid, taking out a few players, but then bringing them back after their price has risen...

Mine is 101.5m

Would you say that is good? A lot of that is due to wildcarding and getting players who were rising this GW.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Mine is 101.5m

Would you say that is good? A lot of that is due to wildcarding and getting players who were rising this GW.

Yeah definitely - 1.5m up on your starting value after only 3 weeks!

I think some people spend a lot of time trying to maximise team value, but I don't spend enough time on FF to be that bothered.

Happy with my current team, even if I've skimped out defensively :L
Original post by Lúcio
This is my team now:

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409663900.721579.jpg

As you can see, I've downgraded my keeper and a few defenders
Also downgraded to cattermole in midfield as a sub
But that allowed me to get fabregas who will be amazing this season.

My subs are poor but they're all players who are regular first teamers (except myhill), so ill definitely get a few points from them if they have to come on

Concerned about 0 city players, but I would only ever choose silva or aguero
Aguero's price is too high, and it's a straight toss up between silva and fabregas

the attacking half of your team looks great.. and defensive half is still probably higher scoring then mine :smile:

Kind of worried by all of you lot who are wildcarding, some really good teams coming out...

+ I know what you mean about city players.. none are jumping out at me at the moment. I do have jovetic, but even he worries me how much of a rotation risk he is with dzeko, and that he has only had 1 good week so far..

If this season is like last though, we will all have aguaro for periods, as he can be just to unplayable.
Original post by fallen_acorns
the attacking half of your team looks great.. and defensive half is still probably higher scoring then mine :smile:

Kind of worried by all of you lot who are wildcarding, some really good teams coming out...

+ I know what you mean about city players.. none are jumping out at me at the moment. I do have jovetic, but even he worries me how much of a rotation risk he is with dzeko, and that he has only had 1 good week so far..

If this season is like last though, we will all have aguaro for periods, as he can be just to unplayable.

i'm hoping that my midfield and attack can score enough points to make up for my poor defence.
i felt that on the whole, midfielders/attackers will get more points, therefore it's more important to be stronger going forward than in defence.
but i'm inexperienced and naive at this.

i wouldn't worry man, don't forget that we're only in GW 3
people using their wildcards (i.e: me) afterwards can't significantly change their team until january unless they suffer a points hit.

exactly, city are an odd one
aguero is just so clinical and jovetic/dzeko always seem to get a goal here and there
but aguero always has injury problems, and city constantly rotate up front
i want to be certain that my FF team will all be playing first team football regularly.

considered yaya, but he won't have a season that good again
the only choice is silva, but there's no way i'm sacrificing sterling or fabregas
the only option is letting ramsey go for silva once city's fixtures pick up, but ramsey alllllllllways seems to get points.
100.7 million and 35th in the Overall TSR League ( 5th in H2H Div C).

Happy so far , not going to wildcard just yet as last week was one of my best :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
This is my team now

If I were you I would get a different budget mid than Cattermole, he gets too many red/yellow cards. Another option is to swap Vlaar for someone like Wilson, Chester or Naylor because Villa have a horrific run of fixtures for the next 2 months. Once the more casual players realise this, they'll all take him out and he'll drop in value.

First XI is fine, very similar to mine.

Mine is 101.5m

That's very good.
i'm not 100% sure about having ivanovic here. I think we'll see Luis come in fairly soon. I always thought José was going to start with a more familiar back 4 then slowly ease Luis in.

Although Ivan's been playing well. Not sure. :\

Also, is jones going to start? I can't imagine QPR will do anything & United have some decent fixtures after.
Is it likely that there will be anymore price rises?

Also how much money has everyone else got?

£101.3m, I don't go for value though. For example a lot of people are shifting Rooney out but I'm going to hold on him despite a probable fall. Also gone against the flow to get Lukaku in for Jovetic.
Who would you say the absolute ESSENTIALS are to have in fantasy football now? I thought:

- Diego Costa
- Fabregas
- Ramsey

There's possibly a few others but not sure if I can call them a 'guarenteed big points player' (i.e the sort of player you want as a regular captain to boost your points)
Had a look at my team and looked at who I would pick if I were going to wildcard and realised it wasn't much different. I like my team and have had an amazing start.
Just a few changes I want to make and am unsure about them. If RVP is injured (knee surgery is rumoured) then I will stick with Rooney but if not I think Rooney will be dropped into centre mid so I want to get rid of him. I really like the look of Welbeck but his next 4 games are terrible.
I have the exact same problem with Mata to Walcott. I think Mata will be dropped if RVP is not injured and I have always had Walcott in my team when he is fit as he seems to score at least 1 in 2 when fit recently (last 1-1.5 years.)
I probably won't make any changes until the day before the deadline unless there are some serious price changes.
Any thoughts on any of the 4 players (Rooney, Welbeck, Mata, Walcott)?
Original post by dylantombides
Who would you say the absolute ESSENTIALS are to have in fantasy football now? I thought:

- Diego Costa
- Fabregas
- Ramsey

There's possibly a few others but not sure if I can call them a 'guarenteed big points player' (i.e the sort of player you want as a regular captain to boost your points)

I am second in the TSR overall league with 190 points and only have 1 of those players. Personally I don't believe in essential players. I think Ramsey will drop off when played deeper (then again I said that all of last season) and Fabregas is fantastic but Schurrle is better value if playing regularly with a more advanced position and 1.5m cheaper. Costa has been in my team from day 1 but he is not essential with other options out there. ATM with a lot of big forwards not performing he is as close to an essential player as it gets but even then, Sturridge has great fixtures (therefore Balotelli as well), Falcao, Rooney or RVP still have good fixtures and also a bit more creativity behind them now, Welbeck is so cheap for a top 4 striker and he has game security and Aguero is consistently a top goal scorer when fit. There are players who do very well but I don't think a player can ever be essential (even Suarez last season.)

- Diego Costa
- Fabregas
- Ramsey

I'd say Sterling:

Scored twice so far, just like Ramsey

Got better chances of assists than Ramsey (given he has Sturridge and Balotelli, Ramsey has Welbeck)

High owenrship, just like Ramsey

Good fixtures coming up

Original post by Alex Doran
Had a look at my team and looked at who I would pick if I were going to wildcard and realised it wasn't much different. I like my team and have had an amazing start.
Just a few changes I want to make and am unsure about them. If RVP is injured (knee surgery is rumoured) then I will stick with Rooney but if not I think Rooney will be dropped into centre mid so I want to get rid of him. I really like the look of Welbeck but his next 4 games are terrible.
I have the exact same problem with Mata to Walcott. I think Mata will be dropped if RVP is not injured and I have always had Walcott in my team when he is fit as he seems to score at least 1 in 2 when fit recently (last 1-1.5 years.)
I probably won't make any changes until the day before the deadline unless there are some serious price changes.
Any thoughts on any of the 4 players (Rooney, Welbeck, Mata, Walcott)?

I have Rooney and wish he had worse fixtures to make the decision easier.

But I think I have decided that given Rooney has such high ownership compared to Welbeck, it's riskier to not have Rooney than to have him. If he fires a blank then half the people playing score nothing off him; but if you swap him to Welbeck and Rooney scores three against QPR, then half the players will outscore you and you'll slip down the table a lot.

I think I will sell Rooney for Welbeck at some point, but it seems crazy to do it before QPR at home.
Original post by paddyman4
I have Rooney and wish he had worse fixtures to make the decision easier.

But I think I have decided that given Rooney has such high ownership compared to Welbeck, it's riskier to not have Rooney than to have him. If he fires a blank then half the people playing score nothing off him; but if you swap him to Welbeck and Rooney scores three against QPR, then half the players will outscore you and you'll slip down the table a lot.

I think I will sell Rooney for Welbeck at some point, but it seems crazy to do it before QPR at home.

My worry is that I think Rooney will drop back into midfield (he can't play all 3 at striker) and if Rooney does drop back, his price will plummet. The only thing stopping me from doing it is the Arsenal's fixtures and the possibility that RVP is having knee surgery in which case I will put Welbeck in after the 4 tough games for either Rooney or Adebayor.
Original post by The Assassin
Also, is jones going to start? I can't imagine QPR will do anything & United have some decent fixtures after.

Jones will play every game he's available for. As nailed on as you can get, regardless of what formation LVG plays.
Sooo which strikers would you recommend for the short term future?

I got welbeck-Sturridge-Costa

Main men for arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea

Although if Balotelli hits the ground running and Sturridge doesn't improve much, maybe swap him in?
Would be a big gamble though...

Pick two from Costa/Aguero/Sturridge/Rooney/Falcao.
Original post by sr90

Costa and falcao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Original post by Lúcio
I got welbeck-Sturridge-Costa

Main men for arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea

Although if Balotelli hits the ground running and Sturridge doesn't improve much, maybe swap him in?
Would be a big gamble though...

And in terms of 1 cheaper strike who would you recommend? Naismith, Berahimo, Ulloa, Bojan, Weimann etc etc?

Quick Reply

Latest