The Student Room Group

What salary are you realistically expecting to earn?

Scroll to see replies

Once I finish university and i start working, i will earn between £22k-£24k (pre-tax) depending on where I work. This can increase to up to £45k if I progress up to a management role.

I am currently studying to be a Children's Nurse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cem101
well, Im going UCL to study Stats but I'm really good at maths and only maths, if i was better at other stuff I reckon i could've got into oxbridge and am aiming for my masters there in finance. any london style banking, IB etc. Im an only son and my dad involves me in his rentals anyway and i plan on living with them for a few more years after graduation so i can save to invest. you?

Why could you have got into Oxbridge if you were better at other stuff? If you were really good at maths you could study maths at Ox/Cam...
10k a year -_-.
1 billion dollars.
I want to go into animal conservation. Don't really mind about the salary (as long as I can afford comfy housing, etc), as long as I'm helping animals and I'm happy that's all that matters to me.
Original post by Wisefire
Ah, invest. That's all I want to do. Just invest, and get richer and richer... Well, I need to first get A*AA+ to get into a top 6 university. Hopefully I can get into the City, and, as long as I earn over £4k+ a month/£77k+ a year, I have no 'aim' for my salary. Just work hard from there, and keep going; keep investing...

thats what it is, nobody just gets a 500k salary. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Original post by Noble.
Why could you have got into Oxbridge if you were better at other stuff? If you were really good at maths you could study maths at Ox/Cam...

My GCSE's were a bit lacklustre as I wasn't serious about my life back then, and I carried that into AS as well :frown: oh well can't dwell... onwards and upwards.
Lonely? My life IS lonely, right now. And I'm trying to get myself OUT of this disassociation I've had with all of London. I like the idea of succeeding academically and doing stuff. And I know what to do even if I fail academically and don't become some high-flyer. Sell my house, flip it/make a couple of £k profit, keep going till I can invest more. Sell all my possessions if the transportation costs become too much. Develop my current coding skills. Be positive.

If I fail, I will not reproduce. Give max pleasure for myself, and wither away and die. I'll just cycle about, go to the gym. Do nothing. Die.

**** such thoughts. I've got stretch my brain now. I have a deep desire to actually have people think I am a capable being too. Not wise, but bright. I want to walk down the street with a confidence, knowing I achieved A*AA+ and am off to an elite uni. It's a lack of pride and belief in myself atm that drives me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ye tbh I know this sounds arrogant to others but I know what you mean, apart from the reproduce bit. I got A*AB and that B literally gets me down every time I think of it. only 4 ums off which makes it worse.
Hoping to work in finance after graduating, possible as an actuary, so £50K upwards I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cem101
My GCSE's were a bit lacklustre as I wasn't serious about my life back then, and I carried that into AS as well :frown: oh well can't dwell... onwards and upwards.

To be fair, I didn't take GCSEs or AS (at the beginning) that seriously either. Still, you did well to end up with A*AB :smile:
What job, which company and how can you get a grad offer before you have even started your degree lol Also what are you studying and where
Reply 632
Anything above 25k. I'm happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 633
at my peak 50k+
Around 20k for start. I'd start for less if it got me to a job paying 20k after some month, weeks.

Further down the line I'd be looking to starting my own business instead of grinding my way up the career ladder.
Original post by Noble.
To be fair, I didn't take GCSEs or AS (at the beginning) that seriously either. Still, you did well to end up with A*AB :smile:

yeah... my B makes me sad though (not to sound arrogant)
Hey everyone,

Money isn't the be all and end all I used to think it was. I used to want to earn 50k+ but I truly don't mind anymore. So long as I earn between 20k-30k I know I can live, be happy and have a fulfilling life. It's not all about the wonga, it's about your life quality!!

:-)
Lonely? My life IS lonely, right now. And I'm trying to get myself OUT of this disassociation I've had with all of London. I like the idea of succeeding academically and doing stuff. And I know what to do even if I fail academically and don't become some high-flyer. Sell my house, flip it/make a couple of £k profit, keep going till I can invest more. Sell all my possessions if the transportation costs become too much. Develop my current coding skills. Be positive.

If I fail, I will not reproduce. Give max pleasure for myself, and wither away and die. I'll just cycle about, go to the gym. Do nothing. Die.

**** such thoughts. I've got stretch my brain now. I have a deep desire to actually have people think I am a capable being too. Not wise, but bright. I want to walk down the street with a confidence, knowing I achieved A*AA+ and am off to an elite uni. It's a lack of pride and belief in myself atm that drives me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Genuine question: are you autistic?

The way you view relationships, friends and life is very far removed from normal. You also seem to have highly obsessive thought patterns - a great majority of the posts I've seen from you are the same sentiments repeated over and over again.

You come across as either autistic, extremely depressed, or both. If it's the latter, seek treatment asap - your aims will only be harder to achieve if you let your depression go untreated. Seriously: depression is an illness just like any other disease, and usually responds very well to modern day drugs. If it's the former, then sorry to say but banking is not the career for you.
Original post by ClickItBack
Genuine question: are you autistic?

The way you view relationships, friends and life is very far removed from normal. You also seem to have highly obsessive thought patterns - a great majority of the posts I've seen from you are the same sentiments repeated over and over again.

You come across as either autistic, extremely depressed, or both. If it's the latter, seek treatment asap - your aims will only be harder to achieve if you let your depression go untreated. Seriously: depression is an illness just like any other disease, and usually responds very well to modern day drugs. If it's the former, then sorry to say but banking is not the career for you.

+1

I've mentioned to him already that he should get off TSR, I've noticed his posts getting more and more worrying, but I think given the kind of people (and discussions) that are common on TSR his obsessions have become significantly worse (and seriously detracting from time he'd be better off spending on revising/studying, or even on anything else really).
No idea what I'm going to do after uni yet but according to the internet the average maths/physics graduate has a starting salary of 23K, there's a lot of places to go with that degree choice though so IDK what I'll actually end up getting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending