The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Who shall I captain?? This week is quite hard. Costa? Di Maria? Falcao? Balo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
do you guys think ramsey is worth having or should i swap to silva?

i'm never confident about him - he always seems to pick up points but arsenal have just so many strong players going forward that i'm worried he could just not do anything sometimes.
no player is ever gonna have the perfect game 38 times in a row, but i saw ramsey in arsenal's first 2 matches - he picked up points by scoring but he didn't seem to do all that much.

i originally had silva because he's such a slick player in general but he simply hasn't given me a return.

so i ask you, should i swap for silva or keep ramsey?
i could also just scrap it, downgrade ramsey to a 5m midfielder for the bench and upgrade naismith to a big, expensive striker :smile:

Ramsey to Zaha?
Original post by khalidpatel

Posted from TSR Mobile

i went for costa simply because of consistency.

balotelli, falcao and di maria could have absolute stormers but they're so new that it would be a massive risk.
at least costa has shown in every game so far that he can step up and get the goals.

Original post by SirMasterKey
Ramsey to Zaha?

schneiderlin, zaha, rodwell, etc...
somebody 5-6m that could sit in first slot on my bench - decent but not first team quality
just to allow an upgrade in striker

however now i'm thinking about leaving it a few weeks - no idea how well falcao/balotelli/welbeck will be so maybe bide my time a little
Original post by Lúcio
i went for costa simply because of consistency.

balotelli, falcao and di maria could have absolute stormers but they're so new that it would be a massive risk.
at least costa has shown in every game so far that he can step up and get the goals.

schneiderlin, zaha, rodwell, etc...
somebody 5-6m that could sit in first slot on my bench - decent but not first team quality
just to allow an upgrade in striker

however now i'm thinking about leaving it a few weeks - no idea how well falcao/balotelli/welbeck will be so maybe bide my time a little

I'm thinking of going for Ramsey downgrade to get Aguero in. Only time to do it would be now as I'm on the WC. Tough one as it means either:

Ivanovic, Ramsey, Naismith

or

4.0 defender (probably Duff), Zaha, Aguero

Would mean having 3 4.0 defenders (Hutton, Wisdom) and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.
Original post by SirMasterKey
I'm thinking of going for Ramsey downgrade to get Aguero in. Only time to do it would be now as I'm on the WC. Tough one as it means either:

Ivanovic, Ramsey, Naismith

or

4.0 defender (probably Duff), Zaha, Aguero

Would mean having 3 4.0 defenders (Hutton, Wisdom) and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.

i'm on my WC too which is why i wanted to sort it quickly, but i'm happy with the rest of my team

i think the former is a more solid, consistent revenue of points but the latter could just surprise everyone and be a gold mine
plus the first one gives you a top defender too which i think every team needs.

i think over the season it's best to be solid and consistent, but i'm a newbie to this so i don't know much.
i have one top defender (ivanovic), one decent (moreno) and a 4.5 (two 4.0s on the bench)
then i have a packed midfield 5 of some of the top players
with costa and welbeck up front (naismith on first sub slot)

i think i'll just wait it out, wait until i have 2 FTs and make a swap since i just can't call it yet
Reply 2045
Original post by khalidpatel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Suarez...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't like this thread being stickied - it means I forget about it.

Had such a bad start to my season so I'm going to wildcard now :colondollar:
Aguero and naismith or falcao and welbeck? :/
Original post by Lúcio
do you guys think ramsey is worth having or should i swap to silva?

i'm never confident about him - he always seems to pick up points but arsenal have just so many strong players going forward that i'm worried he could just not do anything sometimes.
no player is ever gonna have the perfect game 38 times in a row, but i saw ramsey in arsenal's first 2 matches - he picked up points by scoring but he didn't seem to do all that much.

i originally had silva because he's such a slick player in general but he simply hasn't given me a return.

so i ask you, should i swap for silva or keep ramsey?
i could also just scrap it, downgrade ramsey to a 5m midfielder for the bench and upgrade naismith to a big, expensive striker :smile:

Keep Ramsey until Walcott is back then switch the two of them.
Original post by Isometrix
Having Azpilicueta is asking for trouble imo, Luis is due a start anytime soon. You could get Courtois for the same price but added security of starts?

And I assume you'll be playing a 3-4-3 so I don't see why you're spending 5.4m on a sub player. Surely your front 7 will be first choice every week no? I know it's good to have squad depth but I wouldn't be spending more than 5.0m on a 5th mid.

Tbf, Azpi is Mou's favourite player and will probably move to rb when Luis plays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax

Had such a bad start to my season so I'm going to wildcard now :colondollar:

Am I against you in this game week on H2H?
Advice please guys:

I switched out Rooney for Naismith to avoid the price drop.

Now that Rooney has dropped do I:

a. Keep it as it is
b. Switch Rooney back in for Naismith at a 4 point hit
c. Take an 8 point hit to get Falcao in by downgrading Ramsey

I think option a is the sensible option, but I worry about having no Utd coverage with their QPR home game.
Original post by paddyman4
Advice please guys:

a. Keep it as it is

I think option a is the sensible option, but I worry about having no Utd coverage with their QPR home game.

Option A.

The United game will finish 1-0 to QPR (R. Ferdinand).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Advice please guys:

a. Keep it as it is

Rooney might have a good game against a poor side but in the long term he is a bloody terrible option to have when you look at how much he costs.

Hell he might even be dropping in to a midfield role - why not just buy a 10m midfielder instead, or at least a striker who will play up front?

I don't think Naismith will carry on his form primarily due to Lukaku and eto'o limiting his game time

I would probably just leave things as they are this week and use FTs before the next GW
You gotta ask yourself if Rooney is gonna get more than 4 points higher than Naismith (whilst also considering long term)
Advice please guys:

Don't take an 8 point hit for a player who probably won't start.

Leave your team as it is imo.

Original post by Zerforax

Really? The main reason I stickied it was so people didn't forget about it :lol:

Would people prefer if I took it off?
Coutinho or Di Maria, hmmmm

Tempted with Balo but 10mil is far too much
(edited 9 years ago)
All sorted. Good luck everyone.

In b4 Arsenal/City 0-0
Original post by Deshi
Coutinho or Di Maria, hmmmm

ADM for sure if you have the money.

As a Liverpool fan you will be aware more than others about how tight it is for places in our team going forward.
Unfortunately coutinho isn't a 100% guaranteed starter when fit like Sturridge or Gerrard are.

Coutinho is too good to be on your bench but he's also a player that could only get half an hour at the end of a game so you wouldn't get the chance to use a sub

At least we know ADM will always be playing
Original post by sr90
All sorted. Good luck everyone.

In b4 Arsenal/City 0-0

I like that team
You've definitely sacrificed in the defence but also by not having Ramsey in the midfield and having a useless sub instead, you've saved 4-5m which I assume was used to get aguero

I'm thinking of doing a similar thing when I've seen the new players settle in - downgrade one of my amazing midfield 5 and upgrade a striker

Quick Reply

Latest