The Student Room Group

Tell me about your piercings! :)

Scroll to see replies

I only have 4 piercings! I have normal earlobe piercings, seconds piercing on one ear and nose. I did my seconds piercing myself hahaha with a needle and have had no trouble with it, it healed perfectly! Was virtually painless too which was fab. For my nose piercing, it barely hurt at all; my piercer was so professional which I think contributed to how little it hurt, it was like a little pin prick for a split second and it was all over. Putting the stud in was a bit uncomfortable but apart from that, pretty much painless - and I have a low pain tolerance too!!

Pain:
Ear lobe piercing: 3/10 (maybe because it was done with a gun)
Seconds piercing: 2/10
Nose piercing: 2/10
Original post by Chlomc

So what piercings do you all have and how would you rate them on your own personal pain scale?

Finally what is your faveourite/most recommended piercing out of the ones you have?

Woo, piercing discussions. Always getting into these.

Current piercings - 12
Triple earlobe - 1/10
Single earlobe - 1/10
Nose - 4/10, probably felt worse because it was my first piercing beyond lobes!
Navel - 2/10
Helix - 4/10
Forward Helix - 4/10
Conch - 6/10
Rook - 8/10
Nape - 1/10
Tongue web - 1/10
I got my rook and conch done at the same time, rook coming second, so it felt absolutely awful. I'm bad with ear cartilage piercings anyway so it literally felt like my ear was burning in the pits of hell!

Retired - 1
Scaffolding - 5/10 (turned into the helix & forward helix above because it never healed as a scaffolding)

I love every single one of my piercings except my scaffolding, because it's been 2 years and it's still not healed. The only thing that soothes it is replacing it with two straight barbells. My top favorite right now has to be my tongue web, it's just so easy to care for, it's my personal piercing, and it's really off the wall for most people. I've never met anyone else with it in my area, mainly because everywhere refuses to pierce it. It literally gave me no trouble in the healing process as well. After that it'd have to be my nose and my conch.
does anyone have issues with the snug? every time i think it's healed it gets really sore again but i dont wat to retire it :frown:
Original post by Soph.Jade
does anyone have issues with the snug? every time i think it's healed it gets really sore again but i dont wat to retire it :frown:

I gave up on mine very quickly as it bled every night when I rolled onto it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 124
I have had:
-lobes X4 (two on each ear) - first set healed ages ago, second set sometimes gets irritated for no reason :L
-scaffold piercing - fully healed (so proud :'))
-conch - has a small bump, but is healing finally!

Really want a tragus but it looks pretty difficult to take care of? XD
Reply 125
Original post by myblueheaven339
I had my conch pierced at the weekend. Seems to be healing well do far :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that it was so good for weeks but ill sleep on it then wake up next morning with a painful ear haha. I still love it though!
Original post by iJess
I thought that it was so good for weeks but ill sleep on it then wake up next morning with a painful ear haha. I still love it though!

I love mine too :smile: doesn't hurt to sleep on or wear headphones with :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soph.Jade

I don't have one, but I know a few people who do and I've seen them experience a plethora of problems with them unfortunately): I have major issues with cartilage piercings anyway, and snugs are reputable for being awkward to heal, so I don't think it's a piercing for me! Keep up the cleaning routine until it's been a year and if it still refuses to heal, you might need to retire it. Check that it isn't growing out of the back of your ear too.
Original post by carabethh
Woo, piercing discussions. Always getting into these.

Current piercings - 12
Triple earlobe - 1/10
Single earlobe - 1/10
Nose - 4/10, probably felt worse because it was my first piercing beyond lobes!
Navel - 2/10
Helix - 4/10
Forward Helix - 4/10
Conch - 6/10
Rook - 8/10
Nape - 1/10
Tongue web - 1/10
I got my rook and conch done at the same time, rook coming second, so it felt absolutely awful. I'm bad with ear cartilage piercings anyway so it literally felt like my ear was burning in the pits of hell!

Retired - 1
Scaffolding - 5/10 (turned into the helix & forward helix above because it never healed as a scaffolding)

I love every single one of my piercings except my scaffolding, because it's been 2 years and it's still not healed. The only thing that soothes it is replacing it with two straight barbells. My top favorite right now has to be my tongue web, it's just so easy to care for, it's my personal piercing, and it's really off the wall for most people. I've never met anyone else with it in my area, mainly because everywhere refuses to pierce it. It literally gave me no trouble in the healing process as well. After that it'd have to be my nose and my conch.

Can you feel your tongue web? I'm really tempted by it as it's such a cool piercing and so discreet but I'm worried it'll feel like I've permanently got a bit of food stuck under my tongue haha.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Can you feel your tongue web? I'm really tempted by it as it's such a cool piercing and so discreet but I'm worried it'll feel like I've permanently got a bit of food stuck under my tongue haha.

At first it was confusing but it's never been offputting or unpleasant. Now it's actually a really pleasant feeling and not having it makes my mouth feel quite strange. If anything, one of the biggest things I love is the feeling of my tongue web piercing. Like I said, it's not unpleasant or uncomfortable, nor does it feel like food, even when you first have it done. It's hard to explain, but it just fits nice and snug under your tongue. It's my absolute favorite and I'd recommend it to anyone - so easy to care for too:biggrin:
Got my ear lobes pierced when I was somewhere between 8-9 I think. That was when I thought I was a girl. (I'm trans). Lol anyway, I only have my ears pierced, I never wear earrings anymore because they irritate and to me are girly and pointless anyway. I haven't worn earrings for about 15 months. I'd like to perhaps one day get my lip pierced but idk yet.
Have both a cartilage piercing on my left ear and two ear piecings on each side
Lobes x 4 - firsts - 2/10 seconds 3/10
Helix - 2/10
nose - 5/10
side lip - 2/10
vertical labret - 7/10
navel - 0.5/10

My fave is definitely my VL, so painful but so worth it :biggrin:
Reply 133
I love mine too :smile: doesn't hurt to sleep on or wear headphones with :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah mine was the exact same for months, its healed now but if I sleep on it I can wake up with an achey ear, cartilage can be ok for a bit then play up every so often :P
Original post by iJess
Yeah mine was the exact same for months, its healed now but if I sleep on it I can wake up with an achey ear, cartilage can be ok for a bit then play up every so often :P

Yeah I've had problems like that before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Yeah I've had problems like that before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sucks doesn't it :frown: I'd have a face full of piercings again if I could but I'm going into the health care sector
Original post by iJess
Sucks doesn't it :frown: I'd have a face full of piercings again if I could but I'm going into the health care sector

I'm a teacher so I know what you mean. I'm not even allowed my nose piercing in! So instead I got more ear piercings and pierced my neck

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just put 16 gauge studs/bcrs in all my lobe piercings, and changed from a 16 to a 14 gauge for my conch. Sleeping is gonna be fun tonight! Plus my two helix piercing refuse to heal, I desperately want to change the bars but I'm scared if I take them out I won't be able to get them back in!
I've just got my tragus pierced. The gun was fine and hurt for like 2 seconds, but it's the aftercare I'm struggling with. 6/10
Original post by dinorawrsaurus
I've just got my tragus pierced. The gun was fine and hurt for like 2 seconds, but it's the aftercare I'm struggling with. 6/10

Gun for a tragus!?!? Tut tut

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest