The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Chester University Application 2015 - Personal Statement

Hi,

I am a hopeful future student for Chester University and wanted to apply for Business Management 2015 programme.
I really want to apply here and wondering if there are any current students in the university or anyone that could help me with my personal statement. If there is anything in particular I need to put in or any example statements that you could provide that would be awesome :smile:
Thank You all for you help :ahee:
Ucas has a great mindmap pdf for personal statements. Tells you the sort of things you should put in and where. There's a personal statement library on here as well so you could search that.

Basically the first paragraph should include why you want to do the course. Don't mention universities if you're applying to more than 1. Second paragraph is to back it up. Like what you have done relevant to your course or career.

Talk about any work experience you've done. Any cool activities or school things like prefect etc. Talk about interesting hobbies. Everyone can go swimming, travel, read etc so generally leave those out unless relevant. Your personal statement is a chance to tell the university why they should pick you over all the other applicants. Don't lie during it. If you're called for an interview and they ask about it, you're going to look stupid if you can't talk about that really awesome time you didn't do x, y or z.

It's much easier to get help when you have something already there. Get your ideas on paper then work on it.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Great! Thanks For the Help :smile:

Original post by converselove
Ucas has a great mindmap pdf for personal statements. Tells you the sort of things you should put in and where. There's a personal statement library on here as well so you could search that.

Basically the first paragraph should include why you want to do the course. Don't mention universities if you're applying to more than 1. Second paragraph is to back it up. Like what you have done relevant to your course or career.

Talk about any work experience you've done. Any cool activities or school things like prefect etc. Talk about interesting hobbies. Everyone can go swimming, travel, read etc so generally leave those out unless relevant. Your personal statement is a chance to tell the university why they should pick you over all the other applicants. Don't lie during it. If you're called for an interview and they ask about it, you're going to look stupid if you can't talk about that really awesome time you didn't do x, y or z.

It's much easier to get help when you have something already there. Get your ideas on paper then work on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending